Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227846 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR cancel last 7 European dates
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR cancel last 7 European dates  (Read 27214 times)
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 05:18:55 PM »

have been these cancelations made oficcial? If that's the case what a wrong way to fuck the fans!!!! This is annoyin'!!!!!!  Angry Angry Angry rant rant rant
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »

It's their second European tour, and the second time they do this.

I'm glad I didn't choose to spend my money on VR this year...

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »

^^ I think you are better of not spending money on VR at all...
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 09:05:20 PM »

Well they owe us an explanation.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 09:09:44 PM »

I pulled this off a VR board. As I correctly predicted yesterday, they are using those 2 weeks for promotional work/ media whoring for the album release. Here is the blurb:

Management reports they aren't necessarily "cancelling" they are "changing" their schedule.

They will reach the area's that have been taken off the Tour Schedule at another date to be announced in the future. They will definately hit those area's and it is important to them to play for the people in those areas.

They had to rearrange the schedule due to promotion they are doing for Libertad.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »

Shitty business?

How could they book these shows when they knew they need to promote the product back home? This is an outrage!  rant

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »

all this fucking about just so they could release the record near independance day.

what a great idea that was  Roll Eyes

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »

Shitty business?

How could they book these shows when they knew they need to promote the product back home? This is an outrage!? rant

/jarmo

can't believe how badly you are trolling this board... it's painful to watch...

now you know me better
sweetness
Opening Act

Its So Easy

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »

That sucks

"I might be a little young but honey I aint naive"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 11:37:02 PM »

can't believe how badly you are trolling this board... it's painful to watch...

Go look at some riddles then.

Let's see where all the fucking whiners are now that VR cancelled gigs.

It's a fact that bands cancel gigs. It happens.

What's interesting is the total lack of comments from the people who were there to bash GN'R for doing the same AND for giving a reason.

That's fucking priceless!

Or maybe the truth is that nobody really gives a fuck about this band......

No matter how much you people dislike GN'R, you still care enough to bitch when something negative happens.....

Maybe that's it.

That's even more amusing....

The only ones who bring these things up are fellow GN'R fans who find it amusing how shitty you treat GN'R on a GN'R site, while VR can do no wrong in your eyes.

You really are on the wrong message board "VR only fans"......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 12:36:56 AM »

You tell me which is a more valid reason to cancel a concert

A) Canceling because you have to do a major press/media tour for your album that is coming out that next week. Inherent in any album release being the need to promote the shit out of it when it first comes out.

or

B) Canceling shows to work on an album that was at least 9-10 months minimum and possibly longer from being released.

I am sure you will contrive some sort of way to rationalize how those 2 reasons are equal even though the urgency level of both was drastically different, but those are undisputable facts that should at least help you understand why there is not the same level of outrage.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 01:20:31 AM »

Maybe because:

1) They aren't canceled but rescheduled.
2) VR don't have anything to prove.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 08:35:51 AM »

I pulled this off a VR board. As I correctly predicted yesterday, they are using those 2 weeks for promotional work/ media whoring for the album release. Here is the blurb:

Management reports they aren't necessarily "cancelling" they are "changing" their schedule.

They will reach the area's that have been taken off the Tour Schedule at another date to be announced in the future. They will definately hit those area's and it is important to them to play for the people in those areas.

They had to rearrange the schedule due to promotion they are doing for Libertad.

well if this is official I?m so fucking relieved I?m still gonna see them cos damn.. it would be so awful if they didnt come back to play for us... even if it is in other dates... I dont care anyway... All I care, if again this official, is that I?m gonna see Slash live for the first time of my life! Cheesy

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
HelioGnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 10:13:16 AM »

I?ve been to Coliseu dos recreios-Lisboa back in September 2004 (last europpean show) and it was awseome, they really rocked that night. and Slash was playin right near me all night.. 
All I wish is they don?t cancell these shows, just reshedule or something..
I hope they explain it soon on the official site of the band
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 11:40:31 AM »

Maybe because:

1) They aren't canceled but rescheduled.
2) VR don't have anything to prove.

vr have everything to prove, and unfortunately they dropped the ball yet again with another sub-par album. I guess that's the real reason why no one cares that vr are canceling shows, because the majority of people really don't give a flying fuck about this band.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »

vr have everything to prove, and unfortunately they dropped the ball yet again with another sub-par album. I guess that's the real reason why no one cares that vr are canceling shows, because the majority of people really don't give a flying fuck about this band.

Then why would they go?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2007, 02:06:53 PM »

vr have everything to prove,

I guess a triple platinium #1 record, hit singles, succesful tours, Grammy awards and identities outside of the original bands that first brought them acclaim don't add up to much as proof goes?? ?Roll Eyes

and unfortunately they dropped the ball yet again with another sub-par album.

So you've already passed judgement on a record you haven't even heard in it's entirety yet?

Not smart...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:09:42 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »

vr have everything to prove,

I guess a triple platinium #1 record, hit singles, succesful tours, Grammy awards and identities outside of the original bands that first brought them acclaim don't add up to much as proof goes?   Roll Eyes

and unfortunately they dropped the ball yet again with another sub-par album.

So you've already passed judgement on a record you haven't even heard in it's entirety yet?

Not smart...

Yes I've passed judgment based on what I've heard so far. And so far the album is shaping up to be the same as the last crap they put out. Before the first album was released, I heard a few of the song and I didn't think they were very good. I gave them the benefit of the doubt though until the album was released. Boy was that ever a mistake, as my first impression turned out to be right all along. I'm not going to make that mistake again. You know the old adage, fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me?. They aren't going to get the chance to fool me twice.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »

identities outside of the original bands that first brought them acclaim

The whole marketing scheme around the band, the whole reason that the record label spent millions on producing and promoting their album, was based on their original bands.  STP + Guns N Roses was the way VR was marketed.  Most of the interest in them was generated because the bands they used to be in have big fanbases.  Every time someone says Velvet Revolver people will associate them with GNR or STP, the same way Audioslave were always associated with Soundgarden and Rage

You honestly think Contraband would've gone double platinum and won a Grammy if it was just a major label debut album made by a band of unknown musicians?  Come on
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 03:07:51 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »

You honestly think Contraband would've gone double platinum and won a Grammy if it was just a major label debut album made by a band of unknown musicians?  Come on

As a Guns N' Roses fan in particular you of all people should understand the importance of trading off the name of the band where you once made your most famous accomplishments.

Of course they were going to play that up at the time, as that is stuff they could justifiably put on their resumes. Every new band needs to use everything at its disposal to get itself out there and promote it in any way they can.

The name of a band undoubtedly influences how people will feel about a band. If Fallout boy and GNR released the exact same song note for note word for word people would automatically associate the GNR version with being better because they have an established brand often associated with releasing kick ass rock n' roll songs. So to lay the Contraband argument at the feet of VR as if they are the only band in the world that has ever benefited from name recognition/association as it is a little disengenuous.

No matter what people's opinion is on why it happened, fact is Contraband garnered enough commercial success and critical acclaim to make people take them seriously as their own band instead of just a record label formed super group because they brought the goods to the table. Then considering the fact there are almost no other rock bands of guys on the wrong side of 40 being commercially relevant these days and it just adds to how big a success this band has really been. They could just as easily have gone the way of Army of Anyone with a good album and no market to get it played for the masses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: