Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Files Lawsuit against Greatest Hits
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Files Lawsuit against Greatest Hits  (Read 85165 times)
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2004, 06:23:21 AM »

i bought GH yesterday. the stores in Frankfurt (Germany) are full with the GH. this is not going to be a rare cd in Europe.
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2004, 06:25:09 AM »

i guess the right question now is.....will GNR be in RIR4?
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2004, 07:42:12 AM »

To a certain extent, we can't blame GEFFEN....I mean, Geffen have invested 13 million $ for 7 or 8 years now without any release of "chinese democracy".
they want their money back. that's pretty normal don't you think?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2004, 07:52:26 AM »

To a certain extent, we can't blame GEFFEN....I mean, Geffen have invested 13 million $ for 7 or 8 years now without any release of "chinese democracy".
they want their money back. that's pretty normal don't you think?

i agree. it sucks that the release of GH may cause problems, but i can't blame geffen for it. they have bent over backwards for axl.

any further delays or cancellations are 100% axl's doing. he knows as well as anyone that this is a business. so he shouldn't be surprised by geffen's actions.

slash and duff are probably pissed as hell at axl. due to the ridiculously long delay of an album (under the gnr name), a GH is gonna be released. which further tarnishes the name, and MAY hurt those guys financially.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2004, 07:53:02 AM »

I think that this is a sign that Chinese Democracy isn?t even close to being done. Why else would the Geffen release the Greatest Hits disc. Hope that I am wrong.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2004, 07:54:20 AM »

i guess the right question now is.....will GNR be in RIR4?

well I guess that RIR4 is history but I'm still hoping the best.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2004, 08:06:10 AM »

Step one: Don't buy the album. rant

if that fails

Step two: Boycott EVERYTHING released by Geffen Angry

if that doesn't work

Step three: Civil Disobediance rant

failing all that...

All out hate mail campaign and then full blown riot on Geffens front door step!  hihi hihi

no to people actually making Geffen the "villian," as if CDs delay is their fault.  Yeah, they really want to hold off on releasing the album theyve invested so much in and just sit on it so they can release a Greatest Hits record instead.  Roll Eyes Think about it...

This wont sit well with him.... like i said before he very well may take his ball and go home..

And like I said, hell probably get sued and the material might get released without his consent.

Then Geffen shouldn't have signed a contract that apparently allows this kind of procrastination from Axl.  If Geffen has been "wronged", they were certainly an equal party to it....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2004, 08:06:36 AM »

If things are so fucked up now and Geffen has all the rights to release the album I see 3 solutions.

1) Axl gets along with Geffen and releases CD.

2) Axl gets his revenge by giving the tracks to Geffen and the same day releases them on the internet.

3) Axl releases the whole album on the internet.

I hope he chooses the first one and give us the album as soon as possible.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see..."

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2004, 08:21:13 AM »

I only read the first 2 pages of this thread so what im about to say has probably already been said...LOL

Axl brought all this on his self!!!!!!!!! No one to blame but Axl!!!!!!!! I cant believe GEFFEN has been this good to Axl! I mean shit! What record company would give any fucking body 7 years and 13 $million$ to record an album???

That's a good question, and one you should forward along to Geffen.  How does a record label sign a contract that allows an artist 7 years to complete an album, with no apparent allowable recourse on their part?  Sounds like Geffen should have had their lawyers review the contract a bit more closely.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2004, 08:51:51 AM »

1). Geffen and Axl are responsible for this. Neither is blameless.

2). Geffen are idiots for signing a contract that allowed this to happen. Having to sink to tactics as low as this because of how long Axl is taking is pretty poor. A proper contract would have allowed for a far better solution to this.

3). Axl has obviously taken far too long in making this album, but as far as we know he is 'playing by the rules', i.e. honouring the contract which geffen signed.

The situation now?

1). Waiting untill this legal action is resolved..... how long is that gonna take?

2). I've tried to think about all the possibilities, but there are so many - Axl wins suit, Axl loses suit, who owns CD? Can Axl leave Geffen?, can Geffen release Cd without his permission?, will Axl decide to make them pay and not give permission?

This is gonna be one big long pile of steaming shit...... and we're all screwed as far as I can see.

@#$%Muther
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2004, 08:53:31 AM »

only guns would have a greatest hits come out in this manner. talk about distancing yourself from a release. at the same time having the excuse to delay even longer. 13 million that is unheard of. Bands like no doubt and eminem are lucky to get 4 million per album to record. Micheal Jackson spent 7 million of Sony's money for Invincible and that was a big deal.

Axl has ass raped Geffen/Interscope/Universal hihi. Fucked over Clear Channel during the tour Tongue.

Guns are the biggest anti-establishment band in the world. They have always done it the way they wanted to do it. Fuck everyone else.

True Rock band..................maybe the most popular punk-rock band ever.

This is history in the making. gotta love it. just watching this unfold is worth it to me.  ok

"the drama" rofl

hihi-5th- hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2004, 09:01:43 AM »

this whole thing is going to be entertaining as hell to watch .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 09:02:43 AM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
AxlN'Slash
Headliner

« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2004, 09:12:49 AM »

I hate fuckin drama thier is no reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Retards Attempting Poetry
               RAP
ScottyGNR
Headliner

lets get serious

« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2004, 09:25:03 AM »

Kudos to Geffen for winning a battle against Axl.  This, in my opion, is the first really public backlash against since that god forsaken excuse for a tour a few years back.  I was in favor of Offspring naming their album Chinese Democracy too, cuz I felt it was a public message to Axl that this is ridiculous.  So good for Geffen.  Tell Axl that while he is great and all that hub bub, millions of dollars have been spent and you're not going to take it anymore.  (You read that last line and twisted sister pops in your head doesn't it.  Or if it doesn't it's there now, yes yes??)
Crowebar
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2004, 09:28:44 AM »

I think that Axl's had more than enough time to get this album done and out to the public.

Enough with the bullshit excuses Axl. rant

Release the fucking new shit man. rant
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2004, 09:30:42 AM »

Yeah right ... kudos to Geffen for feeding the fans with a shitty GH that neither Axl or ex-gunners Slash and Duff wanted !  Roll Eyes Tongue

Better to read that than to be blind ...  Tongue

The force ... the force ...
ScottyGNR
Headliner

lets get serious

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2004, 09:35:59 AM »

its not about feeding us fans with a poor selection.  and first of all since when is this a poor selection of songs.  I mean yes everyone loves estranged and coma but lets get serious.  you put your singles on a greatest hits album.  thats what greatest hits albums are about.  i don't like it but i've never thought that these songs were terrible.

anyways this is about prooving a point to axl.  its them putting their foot down and saying enough is enough.  not about giving us a few singles.  I myself am not going to buy it but as a future business man if i had put millions of dollars into a project that seemingly doesn't exist I'd reach a boiling point too and try to do something about it.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2004, 09:38:34 AM »

I think Axl could surprise everyone if he'd say to Geffen's execs: "ok you guys, if you don't release that piece of shit GH CD, I will give you my full approval to release this 18 track CD we're talking about since 2002. we already have the artwork, the tracks are mixed and mastered, all you have to do is produce the CDs, in a few weeks we could release that mofo! whaddya say?"

Man, that would be great...

blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2004, 09:43:13 AM »

I hope this doesn't turn into a GH discussion thread, but people who listen to modern post-rock need to realise that their stuff is lame even in comparison to Guns' not-so-great material.

A reminder of just how great rock n' roll was...  beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2004, 09:45:27 AM »

Where exactly did I say that the songs were terrible ? It's a shitty GH because we already have all these songs ... no bonus track... nothing ! No way in hell I'll pay 20 euros for something I already have.
On a personnal note, I'm a fan, I have the luck of not being a collectionist so I don't have the urge to buy something the band is not supporting.

And I can't see the point of being happy because Geffen is "punishing" Axl for not releasing Chinese Democracy ... The man brought me more hapinness than sorrow why would I be happy when something  bad happens to him ?
I'm beyond waiting for Chinese Democracy right now ... I'm living my life and just enjoying the ride ...  beer

its not about feeding us fans with a poor selection.  and first of all since when is this a poor selection of songs.  I mean yes everyone loves estranged and coma but lets get serious.  you put your singles on a greatest hits album.  thats what greatest hits albums are about.  i don't like it but i've never thought that these songs were terrible.

anyways this is about prooving a point to axl.  its them putting their foot down and saying enough is enough.  not about giving us a few singles.  I myself am not going to buy it but as a future business man if i had put millions of dollars into a project that seemingly doesn't exist I'd reach a boiling point too and try to do something about it.

The force ... the force ...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: