Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:45:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash & Fortus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Fortus  (Read 36137 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 05:58:12 PM »

maybe, but GNR still lacks a solo guitar virtuoso, so we can possibly say goodbye to ChiDem songs in their full shape.

Slash could easily play all those solos.

rofl

Shacklers?  That is NOT his style.

and don't get me wrong.....I love Slash, but different player play different things

Whos gives a damn? I DON'T want to hear Shackler's Revenge on this tour/Coachella

omg who gives a fuck

I do give, and you can find lot's of other GNR fans that do give too.

You need to understand that ChiDem is a GNR album just as AFD is. And that it's as good as any other GNR album. Time to act like a grown up and accept it.

I really like CD... so who are you trying to kid? I just don't want to hear Shackley's Revenge man. Who gives a fuck about that?

I'm cool with like 4 CD songs. Lets be honest here though... Gn'R is 85-95 in reality. It always will be.

Ouch.  Wink

Wrong.

You may not like other lineups but that does not mean the band only existed in the years you mentioned.

No I like the other lineups. Aside from the lead guiar issues the bassists/rhythm sections were the same. Axl/Fortus/Stinson was a mainstay from like 2001 onward. Drummers changed like what once in 06? I'm cool with other people being in the band and them playing CD songs.

I just don't want a setlist with 10 CD songs. I mean it isn't what I would want to hear. And like it or not, Gn'R is what the older guys brought. That is what it is. that 10 yearish period from 85 to 95 or so. The whole 1 album in 16 years Gn'R (yes I'm being nice 98-14) doesn't cut it for me. That isn't a "band".

Aside from Axl/Fortus/Stinson and maybe Ferrer the rest can get bent and have no bearing on the Gn'R legacy to me.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »

I love CD, but I'd trade CD songs for new songs any day. It's been a while since we don't hear new music.

Anyways, I'm really interested in see the new dynamic of the guitar section with Slash's return. Before you had two leads and one rhtyhm with some leads. If its true that we'll have just 2 guitars and only Slash as a lead, does that means that Richard will not have as much solos as he did back in that era? If that's the case, and they still want to play CD tracks, that would mean the songs would sound totally different with no more virtuoso fills and/or weird sounds (Im talking about stuff like Madagascar solo and killswitches). I'm ok with that, but I think Fortus deserves to keep some of that spotlight.

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2016, 08:47:54 AM »

They've sought of played together with the Dead Daiseys...But from what I recall Richard Fortus, out of respect for Axl, was not in the studio when a slash played his parts..Not trying to stir anything up, just thought this was the ultimate sign of respect n' loyalty...

They didn't. Richard had nothing to do with Dead Dasies at that point. He's not on the first album.

The quote your referring to is when Slash was going to guest on stage with Thin Lizzy.
Nope, Slash wrote/played a song, Lock and Load, for the Dead Daisies 2013 album.....
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2016, 09:43:08 AM »

Setlist Is Simply:

- Jams
- New Songs
- Cover Songs
- Classics Songs
- ChineseDisc Songs

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2016, 09:58:02 AM »

maybe, but GNR still lacks a solo guitar virtuoso, so we can possibly say goodbye to ChiDem songs in their full shape.

Who cares about the ChiDem songs ?

You've been hearing them for years now, played by people who weren't even (or hardly) on the album...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2016, 10:07:53 AM »

Right, because they certainly played so many Chinese songs on any of the recent tours.

When Im Gone.............
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2016, 10:10:02 AM »

You need to understand that ChiDem is a GNR album just as AFD is. And that it's as good as any other GNR album. Time to act like a grown up and accept it.

YOU are now officially crazy ...  Grin

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »

Says the nikki sixx fan  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2016, 11:05:16 AM »

Chinese songs will be played just like Illusion or Spaghetti songs will be played. Illusion and Spaghetti lineup was different than Apppetite.  It's ALL GNR.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »

Chinese songs will be played just like Illusion or Spaghetti songs will be played. Illusion and Spaghetti lineup was different than Apppetite.  It's ALL GNR.

Very poor logic there. AFD to UYI simply changed the drummer and added a keyboardist. (Izzy was on the album and its conception, just left into the tour). The Spaghetti album is a little different but its just Gilby on guitar and not izzy. So even then it still was Axl/Slash/Duff/Sorum/Clarke/Reed which is pretty close to the original.

And you're acting like the 98+ lineups of Axl/Fortus/Stinson/Buckethead/Ashba/Reed/Mantia/Ferrer/Finck/Bumblefoot/Tobias      is just the same?

Check yourself. lmao

But don't damn me
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »

Says the nikki sixx fan  Grin

Nikki Sixx, Woody Woodpecker, whoever you want to drag into this ...

... won't make ChiDem as good as (or as 'GNR' as) anything from '85-93'.

Grin

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2016, 12:04:11 PM »

Guns N' Roses will forever be 85-95

That era is the band.

NU Gn'R is good but it isn't the same.

But don't damn me
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:09 PM »

Guns N' Roses will forever be 99-15

That era is the band.

Glam-Gn'R is good but it isn't the same.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2016, 12:09:16 PM »

Once again, some of you decided this should be in the Dead Horse section.
Can't say I'm a surprised.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2016, 12:14:24 PM »

Once again, some of you decided this should be in the Dead Horse section.
Can't say I'm a surprised.

/jarmo

Which some...the some that think real GNR is '85-'95 or the some that think it's '98-'15?   Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »

All the ones who think the discussion about which era of the band is better, has a place in a thread about two guitar players who might be sharing a stage together in a few months.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2016, 12:18:23 PM »

I'd like to hear these two jam the Godfather Theme. Ha!

x
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »

or messages after cw, extended intro

Which some...the some that think real GNR is '85-'95 or the some that think it's '98-'15?   Grin

i trolled, my comment doesn't represent me.

I think it is great s and a sorted things out personally (my mom and my aunt hasn't) and look forward to see axl w slash and also 2 c slash in a modern rockband.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:23:00 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Princess Leia
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2016, 04:35:38 PM »

or messages after cw, extended intro

i trolled, my comment doesn't represent me.

I think it is great s and a sorted things out personally (my mom and my aunt hasn't) and look forward to see axl w slash and also 2 c slash in a modern rockband.

You trolled your own comment. Your comment doesn?t represent you.  Well that?s something I don?t see very often.

rofl
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »

All the ones who think the discussion about which era of the band is better, has a place in a thread about two guitar players who might be sharing a stage together in a few months.

/jarmo

Agreed, it's super lame. Can't wait until April when Slash & Fortus play together effectively merging the eras, and people can no longer pick their piddly sides.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:31:50 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: