Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eat My Silkworms First Ever Podcast w/ Dizzy Reed interview
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eat My Silkworms First Ever Podcast w/ Dizzy Reed interview  (Read 5993 times)
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 09:55:52 PM »

Madison's got talent.   She should guest on the next album.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 10:26:21 PM »

Yeah, she's really great.  At first I had my doubts, but she blew us all away.  That girl's gonna go far.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 10:30:30 PM »

Maybe you should tell people that the Dizzy interview is you quoting what Dizzy told you off the record?

/jarmo

So dizzy isint even on the podcast? Huh

rofl

Exactly. He declined to be interviewed on tape.....

/jarmo

Wow i'm glad I didnt d/l that piece o'? Grin

Way to mislead the public guys

Hey man, just so you know, Dizzy wanted to be on tape, but he said he wasn't sure he was allowed to do it.? Because I respect the guy, I didn't try and pressure him into doing something he didn't feel comfortable with.? I caught a ride to that club, spent all my cab money to buy the band shots because nobody else in the crowd would, spent forty-five minutes hanging around front to try for an interview, and then had to walk several miles to get home at three o'clock in the morning.? Because of GnR's weird-ass "veil of secrecy" thing, that was the best interview I could get.? But I worked my balls off to get it.? What have you been doing to contribute to the GnR community?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:32:36 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 10:38:47 PM »

Maybe you should tell people that the Dizzy interview is you quoting what Dizzy told you off the record?

/jarmo

So dizzy isint even on the podcast? Huh

rofl

Exactly. He declined to be interviewed on tape.....

/jarmo

Wow i'm glad I didnt d/l that piece o'? Grin

Way to mislead the public guys

Hey man, just so you know, Dizzy wanted to be on tape, but he said he wasn't sure he was allowed to do it.? Because I respect the guy, I didn't try and pressure him into doing something he didn't feel comfortable with.? I caught a ride to that club, spent all my cab money to buy the band shots because nobody else in the crowd would, spent forty-five minutes hanging around front to try for an interview, and then had to walk several miles to get home at three o'clock in the morning.? Because of GnR's weird-ass "veil of secrecy" thing, that was the best interview I could get.? But I worked my balls off to get it.? What have you been doing to contribute to the GnR community?

Hey I respect what you did... But you just gave the impression that Dizzy was on you pod cast... Not just you reading the trascript...

I've been supporting GNR for a long time... In my position, thats good as gold!
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 10:45:58 PM »

Yeah, next time the thread title will read "EMS Podcast With Dizzy Reed Interview In Which He's Not Allowed To Be Recorded, And Must Have His Answers Read Shortly After Giving Them."

I'll make sure to be more clear.? We've interviewed plenty of people -- Brain, BBF, Baz, that dancing midget from the London show.? In none of those cases did they call in.? They responded with words which EMS published.? They still count as interviews.

We may joke around at EMS and keep a sense of humor about shit, but we work very hard to get GNR stories.? There are very few people doing that these days.?

Synth On.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 10:50:02 PM »

Yeah, next time the thread title will read "EMS Podcast With Dizzy Reed Interview In Which He's Not Allowed To Be Recorded, And Must Have His Answers Read Shortly After Giving Them."

Why would you go through all that trouble for the title... Just explain it in the description... Dont make it more complicated that it is!! Thanks for the hard work tho!
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »

What have you been doing to contribute to the GnR community?

What does whatever you are doing for and on your web site have anything to do with GN'R?

Yes, you've talked to a couple of GN'R members but it was never about GN'R, was it? It was always about "super funky" vs "super funky heavy" and other crap like that.
Yes, Pitman is in GN'R but according to you it is always about how GN'R should go Pitman's "direction" and not the other way around.

If you were a true GN'R fan you can contribute in other more meaningful ways. Not insulting other band members who refuse to talk about Pitman with you may be a good start.  Not misleading news-hungry GN'R fans about the spectacularity of your podcasts and web site is also something you might consider.

Now, go ahead and call me a Pitman hater because I disagree with your ways of being a "fan".  ok

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

Why would you go through all that trouble for the title... Just explain it in the description... Dont make it more complicated that it is!! Thanks for the hard work tho!

Sweet dude.  I'm sorry if that sounded harsh.  We just spent a lot of time trying to get cool stories and shit.  It's not easy though with the way GNR is run these days.

As for the people who think we waste our questions by asking about silly Pitman shit... Try and ask one of these guys about the album.  Try and ask them about anything of consequence in the GNR world... They're not allowed to answer.  It sucks, but that's the way the band is run.  So the options are to get interviews and stories that don't relate to the band or the album, or get no stories at all.  Which would you prefer?

I think it's lame that people try to dump on this just because it's EMS and Pitman.  If Fortus Fans had gone through what I went through to get an interview with Finck -- even if he could only talk about Fortus and their relationship as friends and fellow artists, I doubt anybody would be bitching.

ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 04:54:29 AM »

I wouldnt believe a word this liar says as he tends to be too secretive for his own good

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Death Cube K
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 05:28:58 AM »

Hey man, just so you know, Dizzy wanted to be on tape, but he said he wasn't sure he was allowed to do it.  Because I respect the guy, I didn't try and pressure him into doing something he didn't feel comfortable with.  I caught a ride to that club, spent all my cab money to buy the band shots because nobody else in the crowd would, spent forty-five minutes hanging around front to try for an interview, and then had to walk several miles to get home at three o'clock in the morning.  Because of GnR's weird-ass "veil of secrecy" thing, that was the best interview I could get.  But I worked my balls off to get it.  What have you been doing to contribute to the GnR community?

I have the outmost respect for what you do mate. GNR fans can be so stuck up and dead serious sometimes. I understand that this isnt just another GNR fansite. It got a great twist to it, it got humour and it is dedicated towards someone else than Axl for a change. If Dizzy is on the recording or not I dont really give a shit about. If I want professional done interviews, I go somewhere else. This is for fun and you do a lot for the GNR community. You do stuff no one else have thought about and you do it well. Not only that but you see the band and you make a lot of effort.

Dont pay any attention to some of these people. Theyre either too dumb to get it or too serious about their fave band than its healthy to be.

Synth On!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 05:53:27 AM »

I find it some what funny, that you said "Dizzy wasn't sure if he was alowed to do interviews,/recordings on tape of interviews etc,

When Bumblefoot has  done 5+ this last year......

Thats where your bullsH!t falls through ,  mother goose luvr,

and for god sakes, im sick of all this cr@P About "super funky versus funky techno beats" , what the hell is that g#y sh!t all about?Huh

is this a kindergarten joke?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Bert
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 06:39:54 AM »

I liked the podcast. It was witty and funny.

Nice job, EMS.  ok
ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 07:47:01 AM »

I find it some what funny, that you said "Dizzy wasn't sure if he was alowed to do interviews,/recordings on tape of interviews etc,

When Bumblefoot has  done 5+ this last year......

and for god sakes, im sick of all this cr@P About "super funky versus funky techno beats" , what the hell is that g#y sh!t all about?Huh

The interview is 100 % true. You should be happy that SOMEONE does work their balls off to get some stuff out from the GN'R camp. You're just sitting behind your computerscreen, bitching about what others do. Maybe you should try to be happy with the things you get, and stop whining about the things that you won't get.

SYNTH ON MOTHERFUCKER

Death Cube K
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 07:53:20 AM »

Oh will you shut up. No one forces you to listen to it.

Some of us actually have a brain and humour that goes along with it.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 10:34:32 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, DCK and Bert.? Glad somebody understands what we're going for.

Just for the record, in the past, I have asked both Dizzy and Tommy questions about CD.? Here's how that interview would have gone...

"Hey man, is there anything you can tell your your loyal fans about the album?"

"You'll have to ask Axl."

So I did ask Axl at the Versace Walk of Style Awards, but he's very sensitive about talking to the media and afraid of having his quotes misrepresented, and afraid that if he says something and it doesn't pan out, that people will jump all over him for it.? At the time, I asked him if he'd consider doing Ten Questions with EMS so long as we didn't ask any questions about the album and just stuck to Pitman and the nature of their collaborative relationship.? He said that sounded cool and said he'd think about it... still haven't heard back from? him, but we're holding out hope none-the-less.

By the way, BBF's agreed to give us an interview for the next podcast, but he says he won't have time to do it until May.? Maybe Axl will get back to us about that interview by then.

EDIT...

Oh yeah, Gunns1, if you'll listen to those interviews that BBF's done this year, he doesn't say shit about CD.? He can't.? Listen to the awesome Talking Metal interviews.? He talks about his solo career and peppered turkey.? He's not allowed to go "on the record" with a lot of the awesome stuff he knows about CD and the GNR world.?

I don't know this for sure, but I'd assume the 5+ interviews you're talking about were all pre-approved by the band's management (?).? We tried going that route with Dizzy before, but it's too easy to blow off an email request.? That's why I went down there with the mic.? Sorry it wasn't enough for you.? I'll try harder next time, sir.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 10:48:33 AM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 10:34:52 AM »

Synth On
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 12:15:14 PM »

Alex - fuck the haters who've gotta bring ya down for what you've done for the fans. Who else on here [besides me] would risk thier ass to sneak into the Fashion HOF, who else would walk 3 miles home at 3AM, spending all their money on drinks for HNB n' a cab to get there. Jesus people, ya wanna bitch about something, go find the VR section or something. Bitch about their fanclub.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
adnan
Opening Act

Proud Hippie Liberal Nutjob

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 01:38:26 PM »

This is pretty freakin' funny.
GunsNCrowes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2007, 05:55:01 AM »

i don't post much but had to weigh in here, this is great stuff, lighthearted, sometimes informative, and best of all fun.  following a band is supposed to be fun.  nice job with all your work...it's refreshing to see something different then the same 5 topics over and over...which hopefully will change soon with a may release date and tour!  ...fingers crossed...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: