Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:12:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?  (Read 79949 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2008, 01:04:03 AM »

I just think it?s hypocritical to be standing up for musical integrity and then go with a store that censors music.  Other than that and the parking lot being packed, I have nothing against Wal-Mart.  I use the car entrance nobody parks back there.  Probably shouldn?t have said that.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2008, 01:11:47 AM »

Theres no Wallmart or Bestbuy in Australia,

what the hell is going to happen here?

you have the internet right? hihi

I also have a fast internet connection  Grin

but in all seriousness, will this be updated on gunsnroses.com ?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »

I can't believe the nonsense I am reading on this board...Wal-Mart is an awesome store that brings you great products at affordable prices...I know the "cool" thing for the kids to do today is rebel against big corporations...but this is fucking nonsense...I dont care if a convicted sex offender is selling "Chinese Democracy" out of the back of his van,im still buying a few copies off of him...anyone who wouldnt buy the cd because of the store it is sold in is an asshole....im sure there is a rage against the machine message board somewhere....why dont you go find it....

Because i didn't wait 5 years for a ratm album nor did i wait for hours to spend money i couldn't afford to spend but did anyways by waiting in front of the computer for 2 hours for a ticket to go on sale for ratm. And seeing as how you're a bigger fan of GnR than I am, I'm sure you wouldn't mind paying a few extra dollars for this album if it meant that the album is available at more places, or even that this band that you love has more young followers and people that appreciate their art form.  Wink

well, I'm one of those fat-fucks you insulted who is in their mid30's but...................

1. I'm not a fat fuck

2. I still wear the same size waiste I did when I was in high school walmart ok yes Grin Wink Shocked

3.  never shop at walmart.

4. and would be just as pissed as you if it was exclusive thru walmart

other than that, the sooner this gets released the better cause I ain't gettin no younger Cry

do you ever think that the reason number 1 and 2 are true is because of number 3?  ok

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2008, 01:21:21 AM »

I can't believe the nonsense I am reading on this board...Wal-Mart is an awesome store that brings you great products at affordable prices...I know the "cool" thing for the kids to do today is rebel against big corporations...but this is fucking nonsense...I dont care if a convicted sex offender is selling "Chinese Democracy" out of the back of his van,im still buying a few copies off of him...anyone who wouldnt buy the cd because of the store it is sold in is an asshole....im sure there is a rage against the machine message board somewhere....why dont you go find it....

Because i didn't wait 5 years for a ratm album nor did i wait for hours to spend money i couldn't afford to spend but did anyways by waiting in front of the computer for 2 hours for a ticket to go on sale for ratm. And seeing as how you're a bigger fan of GnR than I am, I'm sure you wouldn't mind paying a few extra dollars for this album if it meant that the album is available at more places, or even that this band that you love has more young followers and people that appreciate their art form.  Wink

well, I'm one of those fat-fucks you insulted who is in their mid30's but...................

1. I'm not a fat fuck

2. I still wear the same size waiste I did when I was in high school walmart ok yes Grin Wink Shocked

other than that, the sooner this gets released the better cause I ain't gettin no younger Cry

do you ever think that the reason number 1 and 2 are true is because of number 3?  ok

what is ratm?

yo, 32x30 after 20 fucking years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2008, 01:24:01 AM »

1. I'm not a fat fuck

what is ratm?

Ratm =rage against the Machine

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2008, 01:25:09 AM »

I just think it?s hypocritical to be standing up for musical integrity and then go with a store that censors music.  Other than that and the parking lot being packed, I have nothing against Wal-Mart.  I use the car entrance nobody parks back there.  Probably shouldn?t have said that.

anything that has walmart and exclusive in the same sentence, I avoid like the plague rofl

so what, GnR's new nickname will be "The Most Family Friendly Band" rather than the most dangerous band?? Shocked
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »

1. I'm not a fat fuck

what is ratm?

Ratm =rage against the Machine

Don't I feel stupid Shocked

Maybe VR is going after Zakk peace
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2008, 01:49:00 AM »

I would seriously pay to have CD shipped to me from overseas before buying it from Walmart!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2008, 01:52:15 AM »

I would seriously pay to have CD shipped to me from overseas before buying it from Walmart!

if they do it, whoever you buy it from will have gottrn it from walmart Cry
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »

5 years?  You're a beginner....and you're already bitching?  Seriously no offense to anybody on this board...but this thread was intended to be GOOD NEWS!  It means the album is in the process of being delivered to us the fans...and then you are going to sit back and bitch and moan about WHAT STORE you have to buy it at?  I really do not have to the words to describe some of you people....I don't know if its ego...im not sure really...but you put yourselves on this pedestal like you are bigger than the band...Like the political statement you are making by not shopping at Wal-Mart is supposed to impress us...Are you guys really that self-absorbed that you have to make the release of this album about YOU?   Well you have already answered that question and the answer is sadly yes.....You are the same type of people who will go to a Guns N Roses show and bitch because they are playing the same set-list everynight(a setlist full of hits that everyone wants to hear.)  Some of you have no appreciation for Guns N Roses or their music...but you DEMAND that things get done your way...and that music gets delivered to YOU in a timely fashion...its not about YOU...some of you really need to get over yourselves....

by the way...while you guys are bitching and moaning..you do understand that nothing is definite yet with this Wal-mart thing right?  So you are possibly bitching for nothing...but dont worry maybe Axl wont have the tracklist order to your liking then you will a have a whole new thing to bitch about...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2008, 02:50:57 AM »

5 years?  You're a beginner....and you're already bitching?  Seriously no offense to anybody on this board...but this thread was intended to be GOOD NEWS!  It means the album is in the process of being delivered to us the fans...and then you are going to sit back and bitch and moan about WHAT STORE you have to buy it at?  I really do not have to the words to describe some of you people....I don't know if its ego...im not sure really...but you put yourselves on this pedestal like you are bigger than the band...Like the political statement you are making by not shopping at Wal-Mart is supposed to impress us...Are you guys really that self-absorbed that you have to make the release of this album about YOU?   Well you have already answered that question and the answer is sadly yes.....You are the same type of people who will go to a Guns N Roses show and bitch because they are playing the same set-list everynight(a setlist full of hits that everyone wants to hear.)  Some of you have no appreciation for Guns N Roses or their music...but you DEMAND that things get done your way...and that music gets delivered to YOU in a timely fashion...its not about YOU...some of you really need to get over yourselves....

by the way...while you guys are bitching and moaning..you do understand that nothing is definite yet with this Wal-mart thing right?  So you are possibly bitching for nothing...but dont worry maybe Axl wont have the tracklist order to your liking then you will a have a whole new thing to bitch about...

haha yeah i know i'm a beginner compared to most people here and i know that it's not just about ME. it's all about the band. that's what i've been trying to say, actually if you read carefully and not misconstrue it. i was saying how it may not be in the band's best interest to make the album a wal-mart exclusive. A Best Buy exclusive may appeal to a new generation better than a wal-mart. it might not be very "cool" to have a fixture of the new gnr album between the pile of hannah montana dvds and the dairy product fridge. "Hello there youngster, welcome to wal-mart.. we just got the new guns n roses album in isle 12. Here's a smiley face sticker and don't forget to stop by the sale at the fertilizer section on your way"  hihi

i'll get a copy no matter what if/when the album gets released but i'd like the band i love the most to have a bigger audience than they do so they could maybe.. i don't know.. release more albums in the future or something.. what crazy thoughts right? i'm just a stupid beginner what do i know about wanting to see my favorite band succeed?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:57:55 AM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2008, 04:53:00 AM »

im buying it not matter what retail gets it. i would prefer best buy this way i can look at their electronics  Grin
GNFNR-UK
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2008, 07:17:32 AM »

I really just want to know how this affects a European/Worldwide release? I mean, I live in the UK and we don't have Walmart or Best Buy here, although someone said ASDA are owned by Walmart?? All these years I waited and I never thought i'd be getting the new GNR album from Asda!
So long as we get a physical release one way or the other i'm happy though, i'm not down with this iTunes bullshit, maybe i'm just old fashioned but I like to read all the details on who wrote/perormed on each song, on this album especially!

As for Explicit lyrics is everyone forgetting Rhiad? "I don't give a fuck bout them cos I am crazy!". Maybe that song isn't gonna be on the album though, who knows.

Previously GNFNRUK, long time poster at HTGTH who forgot his password and had 500+ posts, ooops!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2008, 07:36:08 AM »

Getting CD from Wal-Mart is one thing, I'll draw the line at getting my merchandise from Damart http://www.damart.co.uk/pls/portal/site_framework.page?p_category=8    rofl rofl rofl

Fans being older is one thing, but this would suck

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2008, 09:33:50 AM »

I have an idea, how about GN'R doesn't release the album at all, and stop all negotiations about the release.  I can't believe people are bitching about where it gets released, the same people say they would do almost anything for CD but now won't buy it if it's released through Walmart.  Who gives a shit ?!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2008, 09:53:17 AM »

if they do it, whoever you buy it from will have gottrn it from walmart Cry

We don't even have Walmart here, at the center of the universe, also known as Sweden.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »

well if this true then we are very close to a release date

doesnt matter where we can buy it as long if its possible in the end we all have a physical cd Smiley
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2008, 10:55:38 AM »

Best of luck with the negotiations to GNR.  peace

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2008, 12:08:01 PM »

Everytime I walk into my local best buy they always have Rockband and Guitar Hero set up for playing.  Since Shacklers will be appearing on Rockband 2 It would make more sense and electronic wise (ever seen wal mart lol) to be exclusive to Best Buy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »

I really just want to know how this affects a European/Worldwide release? I mean, I live in the UK and we don't have Walmart or Best Buy here, although someone said ASDA are owned by Walmart?? All these years I waited and I never thought i'd be getting the new GNR album from Asda!
So long as we get a physical release one way or the other i'm happy though, i'm not down with this iTunes bullshit, maybe i'm just old fashioned but I like to read all the details on who wrote/perormed on each song, on this album especially!

As for Explicit lyrics is everyone forgetting Rhiad? "I don't give a fuck bout them cos I am crazy!". Maybe that song isn't gonna be on the album though, who knows.

It is not affecting Europe or any other continent, The Eagles 'Long Road" is available in the tradionational shops expect for the US where it's Walmart.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: