Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?  (Read 80784 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #400 on: September 22, 2008, 03:32:45 PM »

If true, I guess bestbuy is making an announcement pretty soon. within a month.
GeraldFord
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2008, 05:02:03 PM »

I would think GN'R would make the announcement. If it's Novemeber we will hear news within the month, one would think.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #402 on: September 22, 2008, 07:17:50 PM »

I hope that Best Buys' announcement is this:
"We were unable to elevate our badassness to GNR levels, and therefore Chinese Democracy will be released generally to every retailer in the world."

I don't have a Best Buy in my town. If I have to drive, I have to, but I really think a general release would be better for this album in my own humble opinion.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #403 on: September 23, 2008, 01:38:56 AM »

Sorry to possibly sound a wee bit naive but since Best Buy don't currently have any stores in the UK where can UK fans buy CD if indeed it does turn out to be a Best Buy retail exclusive?  If it had been Wal-Mart then it would have been onsale in ASDA (UK Wal-Mart owned subsiduary).  Or does anyone know if a Best buy retail exclusive would apply to the US only and that the album would be on genral release in countries such as the UK that have no Best Buy outlets?  Could someone please enlighten me, cheers.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #404 on: September 23, 2008, 01:48:54 AM »

Sorry to possibly sound a wee bit naive but since Best Buy don't currently have any stores in the UK where can UK fans buy CD if indeed it does turn out to be a Best Buy retail exclusive?  If it had been Wal-Mart then it would have been onsale in ASDA (UK Wal-Mart owned subsiduary).  Or does anyone know if a Best buy retail exclusive would apply to the US only and that the album would be on genral release in countries such as the UK that have no Best Buy outlets?  Could someone please enlighten me, cheers.

The Exclusive would only be in the united states, the rest of the world it would be at your local retailers.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #405 on: September 23, 2008, 02:21:21 AM »

Unfortunately, every GN'R fan will have to take the plane to the US and buy the album from the first Best-Buy he runs into...

That is the only way. It will be exclusive only to the US. You'll also have to be very careful at customs when you fly back to your country. If they catch you with the cd, you will face the death penalty.

Same goes for online orders out of the US...

That exclusive deal is reaaaaally hard for GN'R fans... The trouble we have to go into...

Look at other bands that did the same thing... Thousands of fans have died trying to sneak a copy out of the country...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:24:49 AM by Christos AG » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2008, 04:24:40 PM »

Im sorry, but this whole November 25th "Best Buy exclusive" release date sounds fishy to me. Im sure that was indeed the tentative plan. But now I'm quite sure some new "unforeseen circumstance" has probably prevented this from happening once again. The complete lack of hype surrounding SR's release as well as no news from the band suggest that the train has rolled off the tracks once again. I wonder what the excuse is this time.

Bottom line is, for a release this big, we would have heard something by now regarding a November release date. Hyping this thing up is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY both for the band, Geffen, Universal, Best Buy, literally everyone who is hoping to bank off this album, I dont care how mythical it is. It WILL NOT make the desired profit if it is not marketed properly. It makes me laugh when I see people claiming that this album has enough hype for it to simply drop with no single, video, interviews, live performances (Letterman, Leno, SNL).

If a single was imminent (as it would have to be for a November release date). We would have surely caught wind of this by now. Speaking of which, while Shackler's Revenge is a good song, I pray that it isn't in fact the first single.

gav
« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

^^up until about a week ago I would've disagreed with you, but now I fear you are right...

March 09' here we come.....hopefully
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #408 on: September 23, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »

I agree sofine11.i thinks axl wants to retain his privacy, which is all very well but at some point he will need to be more 'public' and he maybe struggling with this.

Here today...ready to rock
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #409 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »

Unfortunately, every GN'R fan will have to take the plane to the US and buy the album from the first Best-Buy he runs into...

That is the only way. It will be exclusive only to the US. You'll also have to be very careful at customs when you fly back to your country. If they catch you with the cd, you will face the death penalty.

That exclusive deal is reaaaaally hard for GN'R fans... The trouble we have to go into...

Look at other bands that did the same thing... Thousands of fans have died trying to sneak a copy out of the country...

Aye good one pal.

and here was me thinking that i'd get a sensible answer to a reasonably sensible question!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #410 on: September 23, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »

Im sorry, but this whole November 25th "Best Buy exclusive" release date sounds fishy to me. Im sure that was indeed the tentative plan. But now I'm quite sure some new "unforeseen circumstance" has probably prevented this from happening once again. The complete lack of hype surrounding SR's release as well as no news from the band suggest that the train has rolled off the tracks once again. I wonder what the excuse is this time.
They announced the song quite some time ago and didn't say anything about it being a single or proper promotion of a immediate release. They could have take the song out of the game if plans had changed this much.

If a single was imminent (as it would have to be for a November release date). We would have surely caught wind of this by now.
If anything, people have been saying how we'll get another single (not Shacklers) and the november release.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #411 on: September 23, 2008, 08:47:43 PM »

^^up until about a week ago I would've disagreed with you, but now I fear you are right...

I hope you are wrong...there is so much since the begining of the year, that points to late year release...I am going to hold out hope until the end of October - but it's getting a little worrisome making 'the rounds' daily to check for ANY shred of promotion, and seeing nothing, except bandmembers doing everything BUT promotion.  Where is BBF/Robin/Richard/Frank/Axl even talking about SR - with more than a week behind 'release'?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: September 23, 2008, 11:55:49 PM »

I hope you are wrong...there is so much since the begining of the year, that points to late year release...I am going to hold out hope until the end of October - but it's getting a little worrisome making 'the rounds' daily to check for ANY shred of promotion, and seeing nothing, except bandmembers doing everything BUT promotion.  Where is BBF/Robin/Richard/Frank/Axl even talking about SR - with more than a week behind 'release'?

Exactly.  Yet some people still get defensive when the Oh My God comparisons are made.  At least Axl put out a press release explaining the meaning behind that song and all the details behind it's recording.  With SR we got a "heads up" announcing the it would be in Rock Band 2 OVER TWO MONTHS AGO with nothing more added.  It has been out for over a week now.  Tick tock...tick tock.  no
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:57:56 PM by sofine11 » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2008, 12:02:38 AM »

The waiting game continues as usual.  I guess Axl just needed a paycheck for SR.  I know he likes his privacy, but I remember when 06 came and passed Axl himself said he wanted it promoted properly, and not just HIT the shelves with silence and no promotion.  He WANTS MAJOR promotion, so until that happens the album is NO WHERE in sight!
ben9785
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »

I'm really not sure about timeframes. I'd like to think that a release could come by late this year since there are so many things pointing to it, but who knows whats going on behind the scenes.

Think about it.. No news, and we might suddenly be hit with a release date, new website, free song download..
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2008, 01:42:51 AM »

Aye good one pal.

and here was me thinking that i'd get a sensible answer to a reasonably sensible question!!

Aye, sorry mate.

So I guess what you were looking for was something like this:

"It will be an exclusive deal only for the US market, it will be widely distributed to the rest of the world."

SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2008, 01:50:10 AM »

I would think GN'R would make the announcement. If it's Novemeber we will hear news within the month, one would think.

Tick...tock...tick...tock...

I want to believe.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2008, 02:52:31 AM »

He WANTS MAJOR promotion, so until that happens the album is NO WHERE in sight!

Well, we don't know that for certain.  Really, the only thing we can rely on as truth is what's on gunsnroses.com.  Everything else is just pure speculation.  Yes, I know Axl made the statement  (in his open letter) that said the album deserves a proper release campaign (or something to that effect), but he didn't say anything about it being major, though.  He may not want such a thing.  Who knows.   I only trust the official site and Axl's press releases.  Saves me a ton of thought relating to crap rumors.

Rapture
ben9785
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2008, 02:56:22 AM »

I don't think this album needs any major promotion.

They could release it digitally overnight and just think about the kind of response it would get the next day..
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2008, 04:20:17 AM »

I don't think this album needs any major promotion.

They could release it digitally overnight and just think about the kind of response it would get the next day..

Major Dejavu from the end of 2005 going on. Smiley
...Or whatever the " One of these tuesdays, it could just appear there!"- year was?
Axl himself has said that he wants major promotion for CD right?

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: