Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:23:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sympathy for the Devil / Escape to Paris?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sympathy for the Devil / Escape to Paris?  (Read 10744 times)
Shallowdeep
Opening Act

Shallowdeep rock!

« on: October 22, 2003, 01:43:19 PM »

I understand that there was a sympathy for the devil single, I was just wondering what was the b-side? Was it a cover? Who played and sang on it? and when was it recorded?

Oh and where did the single get in the US single chart or was it just released in Sweden Huh

"KWYJBO": A fat, dumb, balding North American ape with no chin.

"And if you fool yourself, you will think your happy"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 01:53:57 PM »

GED 21967 CD
Tracks:
Sympathy For The Devil / Escape From Paris (not performed by GN'R)

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 02:38:28 PM »

GNR have done a version of 'Sympathy For The Devil'
i downloaded it the other week!
I luv the ending!
Go on WINMX.COM
Register {type of thing!}
the type in GUNS N' ROSES
Then click on SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL!
{Try to get a cable 'version'- its better and faster to download!}
I shall try to get more information! Lol!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 07:08:36 PM »

Yes, Sympathy For The Devil is covered by GN'R.
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of Rollin Stones wrote back in 1968.

This were the GN'R line-up when they recorded it.

Vocals: Axl
Lead and Rhythm Guitars: Slash
Rhythm Guitar: Paul Tobias
Bass: Duff
Drums: Matt
Piano: Dizzy
Backing Vocals: Axl

Credits:
Produced by: Mike Clink & Guns N' Roses
Engineered by: Mike Clink & Jim Mitchell
Mixed by: Bill Price
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 07:15:31 PM by SwedeChildO'Mine » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 02:30:56 PM »

One of GNR's best songs without a doubt...and much better than the original *dodges incoming projectiles*

Quick! To the bandwagon!
seniorabreu
Rocker

Sitting in a Chinese Stew!

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 10:20:08 AM »

I think it is a kick ass version but not better than the original imho  peace
iscariot8
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 08:11:50 AM »

i don't know much about music. i mean, i don't play and i've never studied it so there's a lot i'm missing. so i wonder if my ignorance has anything to do with why i can't understand why all the critics single GNR's version of Sympathy for the Devil as the worst song Gnr did. I like it fine. but maybe i'm just a sucker for axl's voice. anyhow, if its possible, i'd really like someone to explain, patiently, what is so damned horrible about GNR's version-- i understand that the stones version is an all time classic but that alone can't make the song so lousy....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 08:17:22 AM »

i don't know much about music. i mean, i don't play and i've never studied it so there's a lot i'm missing. so i wonder if my ignorance has anything to do with why i can't understand why all the critics single GNR's version of Sympathy for the Devil as the worst song Gnr did. I like it fine. but maybe i'm just a sucker for axl's voice. anyhow, if its possible, i'd really like someone to explain, patiently, what is so damned horrible about GNR's version-- i understand that the stones version is an all time classic but that alone can't make the song so lousy....

Not everyone dislikes the song - i think its one of their very best songs and soooo much better than the Stones version (and i adore the Stones version)

I just love the guitar duel at the end - Paul Huge is fantastic on that song

Everything about that song is wonderful - i own the original single yes

Axl singing about how he's the devil - it seems...to fit somehow nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 10:54:19 AM »

I still like the janes addiction version the best.
And yes Huge is great  on this song, too bad slash and duff did not think so.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
darkmonth
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 11:15:05 AM »

Now where do they say he was not good on it? ... Slash's beef was that Axl never consulted with Slash on the subject.  And I think he was well within his rights considering it was his band too.

Anyway, I like the song a lot.  I don't see the problem with it.  Slash has bad feelings about it because (and I am only assuming) it was a bad time in GnR for him.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 11:15:51 AM by Dave - S.I.T.N » Logged
iscariot8
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 12:51:16 PM »

i think the Spin 'what the world needs now is axl rose' from 1998 called it lackluster and the 'where is axl now' rolling stone article from a few years back said something bad about it and just about every review (why i read those things i don't know) about the greatest hits has said something bad (or very bad) about the version. of course, when it comes to GNR critics sometimes stray from reason. is this then just one of those cases of the fans liking a song the critics pan for the sake of panning? i was wondering if i held the song so dear because its one of those two soundtrack songs released since TSI.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 01:54:10 PM »

i think the Spin 'what the world needs now is axl rose' from 1998 called it lackluster and the 'where is axl now' rolling stone article from a few years back said something bad about it and just about every review (why i read those things i don't know) about the greatest hits has said something bad (or very bad) about the version. of course, when it comes to GNR critics sometimes stray from reason. is this then just one of those cases of the fans liking a song the critics pan for the sake of panning? i was wondering if i held the song so dear because its one of those two soundtrack songs released since TSI.

I think you'll find the 'critics' ALWAYS have a hidden agenda

Many are paid to endorse certain songs or endorse them so as to win favours (interviews etc) from the band

Critics also love jumping on a bandwagon - lets have ago at GNR! Lets all worship Nirvana!

At the end of the day - if u like the song its good - if any one else disagrees then they can go to hell - especially if there some journalist

U should read the British rag NME - if its not bland, British or called the White Stripes they won't even mention it.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Layko
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 02:04:18 PM »

Well I think it's pretty cool, I think the reason most people don't like it isn't cause how it's sound, but because Paul Huge plays guitar in it.

The music as well as the vocals sound perfect on GNR's Sympathy For The Devil. I didn't even know who Paul Huge was until like months after I heard the song.

Anyways, most fans of both new and old GNR hate Paul Huge. I don't know much about him but from what I've seen he seems like a cool guy.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 02:09:28 PM »

I think the song is great!  

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Evolution
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 03:00:34 PM »

U should read the British rag NME - if its not bland, British or called the White Stripes they won't even mention it.......

I am fucking sick and tired of reading about the next saviour of rock and roll every week! for fucks sake a mag can't be that fickle surely?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 03:26:05 PM »

I never hated the song, but it seems pretty uninspired if you ask me.  It's decent, but it's not original material and it doesn't sound all that great to me.  I would say it is one of the worst songs they have.  That doesn't mean it's terrible or even bad, but compared to their best material it isn't anything special.  
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 06:33:13 PM »

Hell its not my favorite GnR song but I like it, Its the reason I bought GH, I had all the other songs. I am sure theres other people on this board who bought the same GH and had every other song already.

GnR's version is better then the stones. Axl throws so much emotion into the song. WHen I hear Axl sing it I serious can picture him as SATAN!

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 06:41:45 PM »

I never really cared for it but I never cared for the original either.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2004, 03:40:13 PM »

I prefer GN'R's version to the Stones', mainly because I like Guns N' Roses more than The Stones.  But also because my parents always sing along whenever the Rolling Stones version comes on the radio, and that kind of ruins the song for me, whereas with the GN'R version they're like, "Um...what's this?"  Always go with the version that alienates baby boomers.

Anyway, it's a good cover.  I love the riffout at the end (the last Slash solo ever on a GN'R track and thus, by my reckoning, the end of the real Guns N' Roses), and for some reason I like that part where they go, "Milk Boy!  Save us Milk Boy!.......don't forget to drink your milk."  It's nonsense, and that's why I like it.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 01:34:06 AM »

I think it is a kick ass version but not better than the original imho ?peace

Just to make everyone happy - they are equal  Tongue

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 01:10:41 PM »

? I was watching Interview With the Vampire last night and this question popped into my mind.? What if Guns had never been approached or declined to record Sympathy for the Devil?? Paul Huge would have never recorded the parts in the song without Slash's approval and possibly more bad blood could have been prevented.? I know that this single event wasn't the ultimate downfall of the band, but many consider it being the straw that broke the camel's back.?
? I'm not one to dwell on the past, but due to recent lack of interesting topics and news, I thought this might be an interesting idea to entertain.? Granted SFTD was recorded in 1994, and Slash's solo cd was released in 1995 with some touring after that.? However, if SFTD was not recorded than maybe the whole Huge/Tobias thing wouldn't have escalated and Slash, Duff and Matt would still be in the band.? Just some food for thought.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 01:17:09 PM by Guns N RockMusic » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 01:13:30 PM »

well i' glad they recorded the song, cause i like it a lot yes

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 01:17:54 PM »

I love the song as well, but this isn't what I was contemplating.  My question was had this not been recorded, do you think the band would have still broken up and why.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 01:29:17 PM »

I think that the group would have ultimately still broke up.   

Throughout the Use Your Illusion tour,  (and even before) there were signs of the breakup.   Instead of hanging out together in the studio, more and more of the business was conducted over the phone... things were falling apart long before the recording of this song. 

It's like Axl said, after they didn't have the poverty (which is what united them) they weren't the friendliest bunch of guys anymore. 

I think that is more to blame than any one song.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 01:43:27 PM »

if and if anf if and blablabla...

There is no "if" for me. the real band broke-up because the success put pressure on them, and because of runaway egos (especially Axl and Slash). The band also broke up because Axl went crazy with his industrial ideas, and Slash wanted to stay too much in the past and didn't want to make GN'R grow musically (wich was necessary, but NOT in the Axl's industrial ideas).

That's it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 01:45:55 PM »

The magic 8 ball says.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2005, 05:49:07 PM »

Well guys, I just know that, I would rather another album than just another song....  Having slash, duff and matt in the Band with axl and dizzy, even with some other strange guys, well that would be heavenly...

@;---,----.-----,-----------
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2005, 06:41:23 PM »

I'd take GNR's SFTD over anything off TSI and half the tracks off the UYI's. Yea, I said it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2005, 07:06:10 PM »

i agree i love that song

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2005, 08:37:40 AM »

I think that Sympathy was just the straw that broke the camels back.  There was so much tension in the band that it was just a matter of time before SOMETHING set SOMEONE off.  So...my vote is they would have broken up anyway.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2005, 01:29:44 PM »

ofcourse they still would have split.
Eric
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2005, 02:57:15 PM »

I think whatr Slash means is that the experience of recording this, the process, communication problems, represented everything that was wrong with the band at the time-they still would have broken up. This was the last song recorded, but Slash and Axl did try to work with each other after this.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 03:26:35 PM »

It's not only the sympathy.
Besides, there was a time around 96 I think where the band wrote a few songs (with Izzy's help). It's the hidden era that we know very little about it. Sometimes I read it in this forum from some guys and I know it's not well known, so who gives a damn about the sympathy.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 04:33:01 PM »

New Rose, that is an intriguing time for the band. If Axl comes back, I hope he is asked questions about what went on in 94-96, and how much music came out of those sessions.

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 09:16:32 PM »

That actually is a pretty good question. This is when the shit hit the fan so to speak. I think they would have still broken up but this may have sped up the break up. Who really knows. I have thought about that before as well. I think when Stradlin left played a bigger factor in the whole thing than people realize. As it has been stated on here before Izzy kinda was the guy who kept everyone on the same page. I think when that was gone the egos couldn't contain themselves. Just my thoughts. I dont think anyone will ever really know the whole truth about what went on in the band from 94-96.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 09:44:23 PM »

I think breaking up is what GNR needed at that point in time. They all needed to dry out, spend their riches, get married, make a solo albums, and get their heads straight again. How it turned into a permanent thing instead of a three year planned break up is beyond me. They were too good to quit so young & I think it kind of killed rock n' roll. GNR never passed the torch like it had been passed to them.
 BTW, I think SFTD is the worst Axl/Slash collaboration I've ever heard. It sucks. Axl's opening owwwwws are pathetic & Slash's solo is uninspired at best, IMO.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 11:45:24 PM »

I like All the original GNR songs even the covers they played, in TSI, but the song SFTD well, that is the song I just can't understand so far... even My world is better for me than that...

@;---,----.-----:------------TPR
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2006, 10:11:29 PM »

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/06047V.html

What the heck is Escape to Paris? All other singles vinyls I see on that sight are by the same artist. Is this just another song from the soundtrack, but not by GNR?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:14:11 PM by user FKA webmoster » Logged
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2006, 10:13:21 PM »

Yes. Escape To Paris is soundtrack music - not GNR. This is a well known fact, but thanks for asking.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 01:28:29 AM »

The song is from the score of Interview With A Vampire.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2006, 03:03:48 AM »

You know, some people should check a little website called Here Today, Gone To Hell more often.  ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/releases/discog/devil.htm
Matty22
Banned
Opening Act

O_o

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 11:42:21 PM »

On the Sympathy For The Devil single, the b-side is "Escape to Paris," is this actually GN'R or is it music from a scene in the movie, or what?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 11:54:01 PM »

Could be from the same movie: Interview With A Vampire.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 11:56:59 PM »

It's music from the movie.

Guns N' Roses are not involved with the track at all.

smoking

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »

The books are so much better than the movie (s).....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2007, 02:59:21 AM »

All the songs in the ''Interview With The Vampire'' soundtrack were written by Elliot Goldenthal, except for ''Sympathy For The Devil'' (Jagger/Richards)

The complete soundtrack is this:

1. Libera Me (2:47)
   2. Born To Darkness Part I (3:04)
   3. Lestat's Tarantella (0:46)
   4. Madeleine's Lament (3:06)
   5. Claudia's Allegro Agitato (4:46)
   6. Escape To Paris (3:09)
   7. Marche Fun?bre (1:50)
   8. Lestat's Recitative (3:39)
   9. Santiago's Waltz (0:37)
  10. Th??tre Des Vampires (1:18)
  11. Armand's Seduction (1:51)
  12. Plantation Pyre (1:59)
  13. Forgotten Love (0:31)
  14. Scent Of Death (1:40)
  15. Abduction & Absolution (4:42)
  16. Armand Rescues Louis (2:07)
  17. Loui's Revenge (2:36)
  18. Born To Darkness Part II (1:11)
  19. Sympathy For The Devil (7:35)

And this is the single featuring the GNR track:

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2007, 03:03:30 AM »

I'll have to see if a music shop can import that for me. I'll have to ask at JB HI FI.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »

thanks for posting that estebanf, i've honestly never seen it before  ok
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2007, 08:30:46 AM »

Yeh, that looks absolutely amazing doesn't it. I am dying to listen to it!!! Shame, it never came here.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2007, 09:43:30 AM »

thanks for posting that estebanf, i've honestly never seen it before  ok
It?s new for me too!

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »

Yeh, that looks absolutely amazing doesn't it. I am dying to listen to it!!! Shame, it never came here.......

Erm, isn`t that song also on the greatest hits CD? Anyways I have the single and it sounds pretty much as the original Rolling Stones song. Not really anything they could be extraordinary proud of!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2007, 10:13:47 AM »

Ive got the original single also.  Tobias is actually on that song.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »

I bought the soundtrack on cassaette and the single on CD. If you walk into a store and theres a CD that says Guns N Roses on the cover you pretty much have to buy it right away. I was pretty disapointed with that b-side.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2007, 06:34:22 PM »

its an instrumental...nothing to do w gnr............

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 09:19:36 PM »

another asinine thread....

Behold, the evil that men do...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »

Of course if came out here, I own the that single that is pictured above.
It got quite a bit of radio play when it was released too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 09:46:02 PM »

Of course if came out here, I own the that single that is pictured above.
It got quite a bit of radio play when it was released too.

Yup
I have it to. And it was on the radio ALOT. I remember when I 1st heard it, I went nuts coz I had no idea there was a new song at the time. I heard it for the 1st time in a carpark in Newcastle and it took me n my mate ages to finally realise it was Guns N' Roses coz we were in disbelief.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »

Yeah, I remember something like that happening to me too. I came to school and my friend said "did you hear the new GN'R track on the radio last night?!?!".

I had no idea cause we didn't have the internet back then... hihi

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 09:58:46 PM »

Yeah, I remember something like that happening to me too. I came to school and my friend said "did you hear the new GN'R track on the radio last night?!?!".

It was so weird I missed it coz I used to read Hot Metal mag religiously and the occasional hit Parader. I miss those days

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:37 AM »

It was so weird I missed it coz I used to read Hot Metal mag religiously and the occasional hit Parader. I miss those days

peace

Hot Metal? I used to read that magazine all the time too. ok
Without the net there was no other way of getting info!

McDuff
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2007, 01:21:30 AM »

I love GN'R's version of the song,it kicks ass,and yeah I think the guitar dual thing is cool,I bought that single when it came out,and I think that the song fit GN'R,I did hate that movie Interview with the Vampire and the only cool thing about that movie was the ending when Sympathy For The Devil starts playing the rest of that movie was just crap. smoking
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2007, 05:13:57 AM »

guns n roses cover of "sympathy for the devil" is better then The Stones version

guns n roses cover of "Live and let die" is better then Paul Mccartneys version

guns n roses cover of "knockin on heavens door" is better then Bob Dylans version (this is my least fav. gnr song- at least its a cover)

guns n roses cover of "Mama Kin" is better then Areosmiths version

guns n roses cover album TSI .. all those songs are are better then their originals

they should just make axl sing every song
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2007, 05:34:27 AM »

I love GNR's version of this!

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2007, 03:01:24 PM »

as much as a i like gnr's version of sfd i still think the stones version is better, its such a great song and always has been one of my favourate stones songs but i can equally listen to gnr's version the same without any bad judgements

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 03:33:33 AM »

But don't you like the ending? Milkboy! Don't forget to drink your milk! rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2007, 12:01:02 PM »

Yeah - what is that about?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2007, 12:02:24 PM »

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.......... smoking

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2007, 12:12:19 PM »

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.......... smoking
crying
aw go-on
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2007, 01:54:49 PM »

I did hate that movie Interview with the Vampire and the only cool thing about that movie was the ending when Sympathy For The Devil starts playing the rest of that movie was just crap. smoking

I happen to feel that 'Interview with the Vampire' was/is an excellent film.? Also, I feel it serves as a great example of a film adaptation done right. If you were to ask Anne Rice for her opinion on the matter... she'd tell you the same.

I realize this may come as a bit of a shock around here, but in regards to SFTD... I actually prefer the GNR version myself.? Wink

Cheers,
W.R.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2007, 09:49:11 PM »

As far as atmosphere went the movie was spot on. In fact, I enjoyed 'being taken' into that world so much that I saw the film 3 times in a row..........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:06 PM »

I had a chance to purchase a premix of it before. I missed it by a half hour. It was 4:58 in length, and was a rough mix.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2007, 12:39:34 AM »

I think they're saying goat boy at the end not milk boy.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2007, 12:48:22 AM »

I think they're saying goat boy at the end not milk boy.

You think so wrong!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2007, 01:34:35 AM »

both the movie adn the song rocks !!

one of the bettter vampire movies out there
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: