Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)  (Read 68435 times)
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »

Mmm... well, maybe you should close the thread, since this IS NOT for discussion, and have people who find something out of the book and PM it to Jarmo or one of the admins??

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
elmir
VIP

« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2007, 11:00:36 AM »

well, here's one which confused me:

in his book, Slash said that they ran into Adrianna Smith in NY because she was there visiting some friends at the same time, so they hooked up, and the whole Rocket Queen recording thing happened. He says that she was sleeping with Axl for a whole week already in NY, and that when it came down to recording the parts, he was all for it, and even helped them set up the scene.

In Marc Canter's book (Reckless Road), she says that Slash invited her to join them in NY, and since she had friends there, she did. She also (in my understanding of it) implied that Slash had no clue about her stint with Axl, and called her up the next day after he heard the recording, demanding that she comes to the studio and explain herself, because she cheated on Steve, who was his best friend.

So according to that statement, Slash wasn't even aware of the idea for Rocket Queen, let alone present at the studio for the recording.

not sure whose take to believe on this one. Also in his book, he refers to her as Adriana Smith, and in Canter's book she is referred to as Adriana Smith on one page, and as Adriana Durgan on the other page. Maybe she married later or whatever, but it was never said, which just confused the shit out of me.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »

in Slash's book it seemed like he recorded the first Snakepit and THEN bought the house where he built the studio (where Snakepit was actually recorded).

another one for the list

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2007, 12:34:16 AM »

in Slash's book it seemed like he recorded the first Snakepit and THEN bought the house where he built the studio (where Snakepit was actually recorded).

another one for the list

Ya, that threw me off too.  Then I thought I was mistaken and the 2nd snakepit album was recorded at his home studio..... Roll Eyes
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2007, 09:52:40 AM »

another one for the list

Ya, that threw me off too.? Then I thought I was mistaken and the 2nd snakepit album was recorded at his home studio..... Roll Eyes

It was the 2nd Snakepit album that was recorded there. 
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2008, 03:33:27 AM »

another one for the list

While I am not at that part yet, it seems as though the book was put together in whatever order Slash happened to recall the stories.

I also hate the giant interuptions in the text which have nothing to do with the story. Sometimes it's text from three pages in the future, sometimes it's on the same page. Tommyland employed this same deal, except it was Tommy's cock speaking (for those of you who haven't read the book, I'm 100% serious) and at least Tommy's cock kept it's interuptions in context.

I love the book so far, just hate how it was put together.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »

another one for the list

Ya, that threw me off too.? Then I thought I was mistaken and the 2nd snakepit album was recorded at his home studio..... Roll Eyes

It was the 2nd Snakepit album that was recorded there.?

When Guns N'Roses finished the Illusion tours, the band went home for a well deserved vacation. SLASH says he is not one to stay around the house smelling the roses, so instead of gardening, he built a home studio nicknamed Snakepit. Matt Sorum, GNR drummer, came over, and he and SLASH started arranging some material SLASH had written.

clearly it's the first album is being talked about there.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2008, 07:15:51 PM »

another one for the list

It was the 2nd Snakepit album that was recorded there.?

When Guns N'Roses finished the Illusion tours, the band went home for a well deserved vacation. SLASH says he is not one to stay around the house smelling the roses, so instead of gardening, he built a home studio nicknamed Snakepit. Matt Sorum, GNR drummer, came over, and he and SLASH started arranging some material SLASH had written.

clearly it's the first album is being talked about there.

I still found it to be a great read though.
Megaguns
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2008, 06:04:47 AM »

this shit is shit, why dissect something that nobody here knows about. take it for what it is....A BIOGRAPHY IS ABOUT SOMEONE TELLING THEIR STORY FROM THEIR PERSPECTIVE!. sure it may be sketchy in places but im sure i wouldnt get it 100 percent right if i was touring the world for 3 years and drunk half the time
 fuck man.... this thread shouldnt exist....... Take the mans bio for what it is..... and wait until axl writes his side of the story.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2008, 08:00:34 AM »

this shit is shit, why dissect something that nobody here knows about. take it for what it is....A BIOGRAPHY IS ABOUT SOMEONE TELLING THEIR STORY FROM THEIR PERSPECTIVE!. sure it may be sketchy in places but im sure i wouldnt get it 100 percent right if i was touring the world for 3 years and drunk half the time
 fuck man.... this thread shouldnt exist....... Take the mans bio for what it is..... and wait until axl writes his side of the story.

Axl will never write a Bio...(if he did could you imagine how long it would take Grin just a joke or is it)

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2008, 09:59:08 PM »

I read the book, and while interesting, realized that it had to be taken with about a gallon of salt.  If Slash can't get the facts straight on stuff that is common and verifiable public knowledge, it calls into question his credibility when it comes to unverifiable statements.  Of course he was drunk and-or high on heroin, coke, crack, Oxy, and everything else for a huge chunk of the events, has a compulsive personality, lied to those closest to him, and so forth so it almost goes without saying that the narrator here isn't particularly reliable
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2008, 05:25:00 AM »

then again Slash was THE band person doing all interviews and stuff, day in-day out. his face was all over magazines and tv during illusions. he totally took care of those parts of business....and he came out pretty good i think assuming he had the alc/drug problems. he also got on stage every night and rocked the house in front of xx.000 people, not bad for "such a junkie" like people like to call him here.

edit:
what i'm trying to point out is that his addictions rarely had bad influence on his stage performance and playing and the business parts. he was on his best then for the fans.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:30:28 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2008, 07:49:59 AM »

What a shock...the thread titled "Positive excerpts from Slash's book" has been locked (after only a very short time!).
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2008, 09:45:52 AM »

What a shock...the thread titled "Positive excerpts from Slash's book" has been locked (after only a very short time!).

Is that really a shock to you?  Not for me at least.  Smiley

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:11 AM »

I just love how youze don't bother to mention that Jarmo posted the reason why he locked that thread.  Roll Eyes

Quote from: jarmo
Since you all are more interested in me and what I think of Slash, we don't need another thread about that. All the other open ones in this section are enough.

Locked!

/jarmo

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2008, 10:06:04 AM »

Is that really a shock to you?? Not for me at least.? Smiley

I just love how youze don't bother to mention that Jarmo posted the reason why he locked that thread.? Roll Eyes

Since you all are more interested in me and what I think of Slash, we don't need another thread about that. All the other open ones in this section are enough.

Locked!

/jarmo
?

lol thank you!  Cheesy Now everything is clearer to me!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2008, 10:31:06 AM »

In my opinion, all the bitching and fighting in this thread is way more silly than Slash getting a few dates and facts wrong after years of drug abuse...

Anyway, one thing I remember off the top of my head: Slash says GNR did some headlining shows in NY early in 1988 with EZO and Zodiac Mindwarp, when in fact that took place in October of 1987, in between the European
tour and the Motley Crue tour. ?It was a headlining tour on the east coast, with EZO as support, from October 16th till November 1st. ?Slash makes no mention of this. ?GNR did however headline with UDO and Zodiac Mindwarp in support from April 26th till May 11th, just in time for the Iron Maiden tour. ?

Slash also says they managed to finish the Iron Maiden tour with the two 'shows' at Irvine Meadows, when in fact that tour went on for months after GNR pulled out. ?GNR was booked till the end of June.

Slash mentions that Fred Coury only played the 4 Perkin's Palace shows in LA, because Alice Cooper cancelled the rest of the tour after his dad died (after which Steven Adler broke his hand). ?Fred played two of the remaining Alice Cooper dates and two after the Perkin's Palace shows.

There's more things that struck me, but that's all I can remember right now.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2008, 02:05:12 AM »

I just love how youze don't bother to mention that Jarmo posted the reason why he locked that thread.  Roll Eyes

Locked!

/jarmo

lol thank you!  Cheesy Now everything is clearer to me!  ok

My bad...didn't bother to mention the crock of shit reason the thread was locked ^^.  There.  Better? 
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2008, 03:52:03 AM »

One more thing, at the riot show in Montreal on August 8th 1992, Slash says they played for their contracted 90 minutes, when in fact they only played for about 45/50 minutes.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »

If you take a look at the St Louis riot clip, there is a 'wipe' just as Axl leaves the stage. The 'Wipe' returns to Slash and then slash gives the finger and the band walk off. So this looks like a bit of edited footage to me.

SO it is possible that this was edited and that what Slash wrote in his book about waiting for Axl to come back could have been absolutely true??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJnvAr6vaRs
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: