Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)  (Read 68442 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2008, 01:05:41 AM »

Um, what's a "wipe"? 
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2008, 01:49:40 AM »

Um, what's a "wipe"? 

the tape looks like it was cut , like some one pressed pause or stop and then record again.... leaving a possible time frame unrecorded.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2008, 02:25:31 AM »

Thanks for the explanation.  Still, I still have only a couple things to say about that.   It may have been edited, but we've all seen it and see what we want to see.  Slash has probably never seen it, "wipe" or not, and based his story on his own recollection, for good or bad.  And I don't see him giving the finger.  Did he? I think he waved.  But that's another controversy. 
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2008, 07:28:38 AM »

It can´t be seen clearly whether he gives the finger or not because that image lasts...what...one or two seconds?

If you take a look at the St Louis riot clip, there is a 'wipe' just as Axl leaves the stage. The 'Wipe' returns to Slash and then slash gives the finger and the band walk off. So this looks like a bit of edited footage to me.

SO it is possible that this was edited and that what Slash wrote in his book about waiting for Axl to come back could have been absolutely true??

I could be true. Maybe the band had the intention to get back on stage to go on with the show but from what can be seen in the footage ... to me it looks like they couldn´t have gone on with the show even if they had wanted to. The crowd was too wild.

Also, I haven´t read Slash´s book but from what I have read in this topic I have the impression that Slash didn´t read the final transcript himself because if he had I bet there wouldn´t be so many errors ( as people here state). I mean, we all forget things and all but errors like his date of birth or his wedding date...I don´t know, but those errors sound more from the editor than from Slash IMO.

By the way, has this book been published only in the U.S. or has it been published overseas too?. I´m asking because I have tried to find it in different bookshops and I can´t find it. I guess I´ll have to buy it online.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 07:33:12 AM by November_Rain » Logged

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2008, 09:39:21 AM »

By the way, has this book been published only in the U.S. or has it been published overseas too?

I've seen it in plenty of bookstores over here in Finland, and I'd assume it's available elsewhere in Europe as well.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

I finished the book. I really enjoyed it.

I found several errors, but one I don't think has been discussed is a grammar error.

He says "me family" somewhere instead of my family.

This book is done well, but has a few factual as we all know and gramma problems...

Loved the book though.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2008, 01:09:25 PM »

In fact, "me family" would be grammatically correct in some dialects. So, no real "gramma problem" there!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

You probably shouldn't talk to me like I'm a Slash hater, because I'm not.

The way the sentence is that "me family" was an incorrect use.

gramma... I bet you loved that one, probably like you won a award or something...

go dig some more, see what else you might find...  Roll Eyes

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2008, 03:01:50 PM »

Somebody has their knickers in a twist.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2008, 07:27:09 AM »

I?m afraid this book hasn?t been published in Spain. I can?t find it anywhere neither in bookshops nor online.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2008, 01:28:01 PM »

Um, what's a "wipe"? 

the tape looks like it was cut , like some one pressed pause or stop and then record again.... leaving a possible time frame unrecorded.

The optimum word being possible.  We can't know for sure without seeing the original, unedited tape, but I never watched that footage and thought that several minutes were unaccounted for.

Ali

SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »

I did too, thought it was a very entertaining read.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »

Ok I have to take issue with a few things, sorry if they were already listed...

Ok there is the part where Slash says in 2006 that he checked into Rehab on July 3, 2006 and did the full 30 days.   Then how were they touring in late July 2006, especially when i saw VR live on July 22, 2006.  Don't you have to stay in rehab and not leave?   

Then he gets mad at Scott for issuing a statement against Axl Rose, and Slash says "only I can talk about Axl."  Then why didn't he release a statement denouncing this stuff?  He didn't do a goddman thing, and left it up to Scott to handle.   

Both of these things make him seem a little two sided.   
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2008, 08:00:09 PM »

Then he gets mad at Scott for issuing a statement against Axl Rose, and Slash says "only I can talk about Axl."  Then why didn't he release a statement denouncing this stuff?  He didn't do a goddman thing, and left it up to Scott to handle.   

Because, as it turns out...Slash went to Axl's! 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »

Because, as it turns out...Slash went to Axl's! 

That's true.  He would have made the situation even worse, if that's possible considering he lied about going to Axl's in the first place.  For the life of me, I will never understand why he didn't come out and say "yes, I went to Axl's, but it was to discuss working out this lawsuit".  I think his honesty would have been appreciated.  But, the fact that he tried to cover up going to Axl's in the first place undermines his credibility as to what else happened or was said that night.  At least for me.

On another note, though I can understand his point about how he actually knew Axl and therefore has more of right to comment on him than Scott does, which is no right BTW, it still is annoying that whole "do as I say, not as I do" attitude.  All the shit he talked about Axl in the press when VR was starting up and before, which he admits he did, set a precedent for what Weiland did.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2008, 11:25:40 PM »

Ya, I actually kind of respected Weiland for sticking up for his mate, but how he did it was wrong, but I admired his loyalty.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2008, 11:27:28 PM »

Ya, I actually kind of respected Weiland for sticking up for his mate, but how he did it was wrong, but I admired his loyalty.

I mean obviously Weiland took it as , mess with one of us you mess with all of us type thing. I guess Slash kind of makes sense basically he is saying unless you've first hand dealt with his shit for a better part of 10 years , then you don't know him lol.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »

me too...I thought it was a good read. Entertaining and insightful. I personally couldn't give a shit about any errors. This was a book written by a man of what he knows, what he remembers, regardless of what WE THINK is fact. It is what he believes and what he perceives to be fact. Wink just my two cents

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2008, 12:44:37 AM »

me too...I thought it was a good read. Entertaining and insightful. I personally couldn't give a shit about any errors. This was a book written by a man of what he knows, what he remembers, regardless of what WE THINK is fact. It is what he believes and what he perceives to be fact. Wink just my two cents

Nice to see some positive things being posted here, without bitching about the book & errors, ad nauseum.... ok
elmir
VIP

« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2008, 01:42:23 PM »

and one about Axl, and one about the band.

how nice of him to be so concerned about his ex girlfriend...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: