Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:33:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 174862 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #720 on: September 09, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »

As usual with people like you, you have to use lame insults when you run out of things to say.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #721 on: September 09, 2008, 03:01:08 PM »

So just because I have the downloads I am not a real fan?  I beg to differ.  The money I have spent on copies of AFD, UYIs, and Lies plus tix and t-shirts, posters, etc. prove otherwise.  The fact that I braved a harsh winter drive across the country to see the first Vegas show at HOB in and of itself makes me a worthy "fan". 

Money spent doesn't make you a fan.

Boohoo you had to drive in snow. Cry

Respecting the artist you're a fan of's wishes makes you a fan.

Riight.. so

Everyone who has taken a photo of the band is not a fan, because the band wishes people not to take photos during the show.

Everyone who has recorded a show is not a fan, because the band wishes people not to record the show.

Everyone who has seen an unauthorized photo or listened or seen a bootleg recording is not a fan, because the band's wish was that you don't hear or see that stuff.

Can we please stop this debate about who is a true fan and who is not, do we really have to divide and break up this great community we have here.

I think it was the first show in Helsinki in '06, the band started to play Madagascar and Axl with his sarcastic voice said something like, "What the fuck is that?"

He knew most of the people didn't know what that song was but I'm willing to bet some money (not much, I'm poor) that he and rest of the band felt happy when some people who knew the song started to sing along with him, and that goes for all the shows and new songs.

The band didn't want the songs to leak and neither did we, but it happened, some people listened and some didn't but it's not something that makes or makes not a fan.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #722 on: September 09, 2008, 03:14:46 PM »

I am glad that there were leaks.  It let me know that this album is more than a myth. 

Why would you need to hear illegally released recordings in order to prove the existence of an album when the band have been playing the new songs live for the past two years?  What did you think they were planning on doing with the songs if not record them on an album?

The people I have played them for have been impressed, so it is not a totally negative event.

Oh well, I'm sure that'll make the band and management sleep more soundly knowing that your mates liked the songs.  So, never mind that the tracks were stolen then, eh?! 

So just because I have the downloads I am not a real fan?  I beg to differ.  The money I have spent on copies of AFD, UYIs, and Lies plus tix and t-shirts, posters, etc. prove otherwise.  The fact that I braved a harsh winter drive across the country to see the first Vegas show at HOB in and of itself makes me a worthy "fan". 

Everyone has their own yardstick by which to measure how much of a fan they consider themselves to be but for me personally, it amounts to more than just a financial exchange of goods.  There are other artists whose work I buy and whose shows I attend but my connection with GNR goes far deeper than that.

Even so, I respect the creative endeavour of all artists, whether I enjoy their music or not, and it's because of that and not whether or not I consider myself a fan to whatever degree, that I condemn the actions of the person(s) who stole GNR's music.  As for the people who downloaded the songs, well I'm not surprised that some did because personal restraint (and I'm not talking S&M here) doesn't seem to be valued much in today's society.  But, then to try and justify their actions by pushing the blame onto Axl, as some have done, is just abdicating responsibility for their own actions.  In fact, I haven't seen one halfway plausible explanation yet for why someone might have downloaded the songs.

For me, personally, being a fan means being given the opportunity to support an artist whose work enriches my life enormously and to deliberately undertake an action that I know could either distress or harm him or his reputation is, for me at least, the complete antithesis of everything I believe in.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #723 on: September 09, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »

No, wanting to hear music is not what this is about.

The fact that some fans are defending the actions of a guy who stole GN'R's music, and put it online for free, without the band's approval is what I'm objecting against.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #724 on: September 09, 2008, 03:18:18 PM »

Riight.. so

Everyone who has taken a photo of the band is not a fan, because the band wishes people not to take photos during the show.

Everyone who has recorded a show is not a fan, because the band wishes people not to record the show.

Everyone who has seen an unauthorized photo or listened or seen a bootleg recording is not a fan, because the band's wish was that you don't hear or see that stuff.

Can we please stop this debate about who is a true fan and who is not, do we really have to divide and break up this great community we have here.

I think it was the first show in Helsinki in '06, the band started to play Madagascar and Axl with his sarcastic voice said something like, "What the fuck is that?"

He knew most of the people didn't know what that song was but I'm willing to bet some money (not much, I'm poor) that he and rest of the band felt happy when some people who knew the song started to sing along with him, and that goes for all the shows and new songs.

The band didn't want the songs to leak and neither did we, but it happened, some people listened and some didn't but it's not something that makes or makes not a fan.

anyone who won't buy the album - definitely not a true fan.   
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #725 on: September 10, 2008, 01:26:37 AM »

i think the main thing here its that many people like me thinks that putting songs online who are not yours is ilegal, but for someone to be puted in jail for years for that? it seems to harsh, the problem its that its the law, so many dont agree with that law, the problem its you have to make a law if not everyone can do what they want with copyright material.

so probably destroying someones life by puting him on jail with more serious criminals for uploading some songs on the internet is not supported by me and by others.

but again its the law, its that kind of law to dangerous in the internet era? maybe because people can upload anything and there is not yet a real form of controlling the copyright material from the internet.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #726 on: September 10, 2008, 01:56:54 AM »

Riight.. so

Axl actually said he doesn't mind the photo's or bootlegs it the people who complain about the setlist.  Im damn sure he cares about the leaks to if you haven't noticed.  I can't believe this thread has gone on this long, face it what GnR did was right ! now im sure if u guys have alittle more patience you will have the album pretty shortly.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #727 on: September 10, 2008, 07:49:30 AM »

this news has even made one of the biggest radio stations in sydney/australia online and they reported it throughout the day on the radio ...

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney

theres even slash on it...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #728 on: September 10, 2008, 08:31:17 AM »

As usual with people like you, you have to use lame insults when you run out of things to say.

/jarmo

"People like you?"  That seems like a racist comment to me.  What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Dude, lighten up, the GG Dolls comment was a joke not an insult.  Try looking up "joke" in the J section of a dictionary.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #729 on: September 10, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

"People like you?"  That seems like a racist comment to me.  What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Yeah, it's definitely a race issue.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #730 on: September 10, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »

Thats what I thought.  You're one of those Scandanavian death metal white supremicists guys just posing as a GNR fan.

Back to the topic.  I don't see the harm in having the downloads.  I will still buy the album because I am a collector.  I bought NIN The Slip even after I had the free download.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #731 on: September 10, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »

Thats what I thought.  You're one of those Scandanavian death metal white supremicists guys just posing as a GNR fan.

You really seem to know everything about us Scandinavians.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #732 on: September 10, 2008, 10:13:03 AM »

Back to the topic.  I don't see the harm in having the downloads. 

And the law doesn't agree with you.

Can you understand the fact that it's not up to this guy to decide when and how people hear GN'R songs?

That's between GN'R and/or the record company.

It's also not his right to give away the songs for free.

Same thing there, that decision is also up to the band and/or record company.

So by you not seeing any harm in the situation, you're basically saying "It's great for me, so fuck the band and record company".

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #733 on: September 10, 2008, 10:20:10 AM »

You really seem to know everything about us Scandinavians.

I've got nothing but love for the Scandinavians.  I used to know this hot ass girl from Norway.  I wouldn't mind those cold winters if I had her to warm up with!!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #734 on: September 10, 2008, 10:24:49 AM »

Back to the topic.  I don't see the harm in having the downloads. 

And the law doesn't agree with you.

Can you understand the fact that it's not up to this guy to decide when and how people hear GN'R songs?

That's between GN'R and/or the record company.

It's also not his right to give away the songs for free.

Same thing there, that decision is also up to the band and/or record company.

So by you not seeing any harm in the situation, you're basically saying "It's great for me, so fuck the band and record company".

/jarmo

I didn't post them online.  I didn't distribute them.  I simply burnt them and listen to them daily.  Is this going to take a sale away?  No, I'll buy it if it ever comes out.  Would I be pissed if it happenned to my band?  Yes, but there are worse things that can happen such as not being able keep a stable lineup together. 

I guess we can just agree to disagree on this.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #735 on: September 10, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »

Stop being so self centered for a few seconds and read my post again.

Just because it's great for you, doesn't mean it works like that for everybody else.

That's why the guy got the RIAA and FBI after him.

/jarmo

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #736 on: September 10, 2008, 10:33:24 AM »

Riight.. so

Axl actually said he doesn't mind the photo's or bootlegs it the people who complain about the setlist.  Im damn sure he cares about the leaks to if you haven't noticed.  I can't believe this thread has gone on this long, face it what GnR did was right ! now im sure if u guys have alittle more patience you will have the album pretty shortly.

Not in St Louis did he  rofl rofl rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #737 on: September 10, 2008, 10:42:49 AM »

Stop being so self centered for a few seconds and read my post again.

Just because it's great for you, doesn't mean it works like that for everybody else.

That's why the guy got the RIAA and FBI after him.

/jarmo

How can I not look at this in a very self-centered way?  The most I would ever get out of any of this is a great batch of songs.  I don't own stock in the label.  I have no finacial stake in the band.  I am not related to or friends with Skwerl so I won't personally be imapcted by his troubles with the law.  Is it a big deal to Axl?  Sure.  To Skwerl?  Absolutely.  To me?  Not so much.

Metallica used to hate leaks and such but now they have kind of embraced them.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #738 on: September 10, 2008, 10:46:55 AM »

Well maybe if you weren't so self centered, you wouldn't be so upset about things.

Because you could understand where the other side is coming from.

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #739 on: September 10, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »

Well maybe if you weren't so self centered, you wouldn't be so upset about things.

Because you could understand where the other side is coming from.

/jarmo

I can see both sides.  I am sure Axl is upset about this but, in time, he'll get over it.  Things could be much worse.  The songs are getting good reviews where as they could be getting ripped apart if they were crap. 

If I were Axl, I would be much more concerned about not being able to keep a stable band together than some leaks.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: