Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:38:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  SCOTT WEILAND TALKS ABOUT GNR
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOTT WEILAND TALKS ABOUT GNR  (Read 9502 times)
olivson rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 09, 2004, 06:50:25 AM »

DURING THE VELVET REVOLVER SHOW IN PARIS - SCOTT SAID TO THE PUBLIC THAT GUNS N ROSES IS NOW IN THE GRAVE AND VR IS STILL ALIVE.
I WAS A LITTLE BIT DISSAPOINTED TO HEAR THAT CAUSE I M SURE THAT CHINESE DEMOCRACY WILL BE A GREAT ALBUM AND I HOPE THAT AXL WILL REPLY TO SCOTT.

darkmonth
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 07:08:24 AM »

What he meant was that GnR as we know it is in the past so get over it... move on.  VR is trying to make a name and people keep on about GnR getting back together etc... dont yuou think that pisses them off ?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 07:08:32 AM »

Well to the general public GnR probably seems like its in the grave but I wont except that GnR is even anywhere over until Axl throughs in the towel once and for all. Chinese Democracy will come out sooner or later. By the way dont write in all caps, makes it seem like your shouting and its just annoying.. Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 07:11:05 AM »

well in fact there were lots of things related to Guns n' Roses in the audience: tee shirts etc... ans scott said that but it wasn't related to the actual Guns n' Roses but to the old band. I think he wanted to tell us something like "you are at a Velvet Revolver show, not a GN'R one". That's what I understood. I don't think he spoke about Axl and the new band, but just about the fact that slash diff and matt are now in Velvet Revolver.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 07:13:56 AM »

well in fact there were lots of things related to Guns n' Roses in the audience: tee shirts etc... ans scott said that but it wasn't related to the actual Guns n' Roses but to the old band. I think he wanted to tell us something like "you are at a Velvet Revolver show, not a GN'R one". That's what I understood. I don't think he spoke about Axl and the new band, but just about the fact that slash diff and matt are now in Velvet Revolver.

you said diff.. hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 07:16:17 AM »

oups... hihi DUFF. lol
slosh is cool and mutt is impressive  rofl

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 07:16:55 AM »

Gnr is what give em' most popularity and hype or what?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
bad_apples
Opening Act

The Strip?

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 07:22:01 AM »

yeah vr is awsome but they wouldnt of made the mainstream world without the name "gnr"
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 07:24:25 AM »

Then again... they are kinda like a big part of it

Oh man.. diff?  rofl

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 07:38:42 AM »

I have to be honest..Scott is a ok singer, but he is not that great. I think he was way to fucking unpersonal at the Norwegian gig, and I was actually hoping for sebastian bach to join them, not some grunge band dude..The grunge is what killed the metal scene, so it's strange to see a singer from STP with 3 of GnR..That's kind of like Axl taking over the vocalist job in Nirvana... I tell you ,70-90% of VR fans base is GnR/Slash fans.. The thing that got the biggest cheers and applause in the whole festival in Norway, was when some one from the crew carried Slash's top hat out on the stage, and putted it on Slash's amps..The cheers for that incident was twice as much as Scott ever did in person..!!!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 07:57:40 AM »

The grunge is what killed the metal scene, so it's strange to see a singer from STP with 3 of GnR..
Guns n' Roses were not part of the Metal scene. Guns n' Roses were NOT Metal. Never. It is well explained in the "Behind The Music" documentary (VH1). Guns n' Roses was a pure Rock n' Roll band, a "classic-rock" band with a classic Rock sound inspired by the blues. Slash sounded very bluesy with Guns n' Roses.
However, Velvet Revolver is Metal. I agree. I saw their gig in Paris and it was really different of Guns n' Roses. The sound was much more aggressive and the guitar didn't sound Bluesy but really heavy. I prefer the Guns n' Roses sound, even if I enjoyed the VR gig. It's definitely different. But once again, Guns n' Roses were not Metal. And that's why they had so much success, because everybody can listen to Guns n' Roses, from kids to mature men or women. It's for everybody.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 08:02:37 AM by nesquick » Logged

SADIS
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 09:35:15 AM »

..That's kind of like Axl taking over the vocalist job in Nirvana...

I actually think that it wouldn't be that different from what Nirvana was...... listen to the intro to Dead Horse. It could've been a Nirvana song....
coolman78SLASH
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 10:07:39 AM »

Of course GnR was a part of the metal scene man ! They have a lot in common with Skid Row,Metallica,Motley Crue, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, hell, they were even good friends with mostley everyone from that scene..Call it what you want, punk,rock n roll, blues, metal, hard rock, hairband, GnR had all those elements inside them. VR sounds like GnR in the AFD erea,but of course it won't sound exactly the same, it's 2004, so it's been over fucking 17 years since AFD. The studios, equipment, recording technics have all changed, but Slash's sound has not changed much, and his playing style is  basically the same as before, just with a lot more experience, and his guitar sound was all over all the GnR albums. A lot of you new-GnR fans dosen't seem to give him a lot of credit for that, but he was 1/5 of GnR that got popular, and he was one of the two most important members, and just as important as Axl. I really love both Axl and Slash, but it's a well known fact that it was Axl's behavior that forced Slash out, and that is why I blame Axl, and not Slash for all us GnR fans to been left for such a long time without anything... In a perfect world they would be able to work out their differences, and give us Guns N' Fuckin' Roses back !!

GnR June 10th 1993
GnR June 28th 2006
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 10:49:08 AM »

What he meant was that GnR as we know it is in the past so get over it... move on.  VR is trying to make a name and people keep on about GnR getting back together etc... dont yuou think that pisses them off ?

1- fuck scott!

2- GN'R has ALWAYS been in the grave
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2004, 11:02:17 AM »

A lot of you new-GnR fans

hihi  rofl
 I have been a fan since 1991!!

SisterMorphine
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2004, 11:05:16 AM »

I have to be honest..Scott is a ok singer, but he is not that great. I think he was way to fucking impersonal at the Norwegian gig, and I was actually hoping for Sebastian Bach to join them, not some grunge band dude..The grunge is what killed the metal scene, so it's strange to see a singer from STP with 3 of GnR..That's kind of like Axl taking over the vocalist job in Nirvana... I tell you ,70-90% of VR fans base is GnR/Slash fans.. The thing that got the biggest cheers and applause in the whole festival in Norway, was when some one from the crew carried Slash's top hat out on the stage, and putted it on Slash's amps..The cheers for that incident was twice as much as Scott ever did in person..!!!

I am in total agreement with you on this subject. I have posted my thoughts on other boards about the Manchester gig that I went to only to be told that it was 'the best fucking gig ever'?
I like VR but the only reason I bought the album was because it was Duff, Slash and Matt. I never thought much of STP but hearing Scott sing for Vr made me like him. Seeing him live and all bullshit he's been talking has now made come back to my original thoughts that he's a fucking ass hole. Tongue
Surely Scott new before he took the job that people would associate VR with GnR.
I would of preferred to see them with Bach or Astbury. Smiley
coolman78SLASH
VIP

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2004, 11:08:17 AM »

hihi? rofl
 I have been a fan since 1991!!

ok, I diden't ask, but thanks for informing me about that !  ok

GnR June 10th 1993
GnR June 28th 2006
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 12:26:34 PM »

Nah, not a new axl... scott works great for that type of music...

how about a female singer?  Wink

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 12:59:31 PM »

i'm pretty sure scott meant the OLD GNR are dead, not the new ones. yes

Nothing to say
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

God, you people are unbelievable...for once transcribe the whole fucking quote instead of trying to make Scott look like an asshole.? The real quote was, "STP is dead, and GNR is in the grave, but Velvet Revolver is very much alive.? However, we would like to bring out a special friend for you tonight...Izzy Stradlin!"? See, he wasn't being a dick.? He didn't single out GNR.? He said STP and GNR are things of the past to preface his introduction of Izzy.? So just quit bitching so damn much.? By the way, to call Scott a grunge singer is simply ignorant.? I ask you this: What is grunge?? I'll tell you what it is.? It's a media created label for ROCK music that came out in the early 90's.? There isn't a grunge sound, as all the bands grouped into this stupid-shit label sound completely different.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 02:22:16 PM by oldleadbelly » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: