Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  SCOTT WEILAND TALKS ABOUT GNR
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOTT WEILAND TALKS ABOUT GNR  (Read 9502 times)
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2004, 04:24:31 PM »

I have to be honest..Scott is a ok singer, but he is not that great. I think he was way to fucking unpersonal at the Norwegian gig, and I was actually hoping for sebastian bach to join them, not some grunge band dude..The grunge is what killed the metal scene, so it's strange to see a singer from STP with 3 of GnR..That's kind of like Axl taking over the vocalist job in Nirvana... I tell you ,70-90% of VR fans base is GnR/Slash fans.. The thing that got the biggest cheers and applause in the whole festival in Norway, was when some one from the crew carried Slash's top hat out on the stage, and putted it on Slash's amps..The cheers for that incident was twice as much as Scott ever did in person..!!!

If Sebastian Bach would have joined that would have been amazing. I love Skid Row and Bach's solo stuff. (did I forget to mention he's gorgeous?  Shocked) but yeah you forgot to add GnR/Slash AND Duff fans lol... Velvet Revolver is the best music band out there right now. 100%, but they still aren't GnR...but there the closet thing to them right now(or should I say closet thing to the OLD original GnR). So all in all, personally, I love Velvet Revolver... ok

And I think GnR was alittle of both, Metal and classic rock....but hey the best of both worlds!
Erin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2004, 01:42:17 AM »

I have to be honest..Scott is a ok singer, but he is not that great. I think he was way to fucking unpersonal at the Norwegian gig, and I was actually hoping for sebastian bach to join them, not some grunge band dude..The grunge is what killed the metal scene, so it's strange to see a singer from STP with 3 of GnR..That's kind of like Axl taking over the vocalist job in Nirvana... I tell you ,70-90% of VR fans base is GnR/Slash fans.. The thing that got the biggest cheers and applause in the whole festival in Norway, was when some one from the crew carried Slash's top hat out on the stage, and putted it on Slash's amps..The cheers for that incident was twice as much as Scott ever did in person..!!!

If Sebastian Bach would have joined that would have been amazing. I love Skid Row and Bach's solo stuff. (did I forget to mention he's gorgeous?? Shocked) but yeah you forgot to add GnR/Slash AND Duff fans lol... Velvet Revolver is the best music band out there right now. 100%, but they still aren't GnR...but there the closet thing to them right now(or should I say closet thing to the OLD original GnR). So all in all, personally, I love Velvet Revolver... ok

And I think GnR was alittle of both, Metal and classic rock....but hey the best of both worlds!
Erin

Benefits of Having S Bach.

FTP wouldnt of been a single.

Benefits of Scott.
Because his band STP is still popular in the mainstream and his voice and the fans he brings he gets VR the promotion and the media that pushed VR record sales through the roof. If they would of gotten Bach, they wouldnt of even reach gold yet.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2004, 06:09:26 AM »

If they would of gotten Bach, they wouldnt of even reach gold yet.

And you know that because.....?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2004, 01:37:54 PM »

What he meant was that GnR as we know it is in the past so get over it... move on.? VR is trying to make a name and people keep on about GnR getting back together etc... dont yuou think that pisses them off ?

I also believe that is what he meant.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a grudge on Axl. peace

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004, 11:13:34 AM »

yeah vr is awsome but they wouldnt of made the mainstream world without the name "gnr"

That is without a doubt true, but you need to remember if this was a new group with this sound and style they would probably get alot more thumbs up for their efforts, instead everything is compared to their old work and the supergroup issue.. SO in all there is good points in the launching of their careers from being in two big groups prior to this one, but there's also a set back to where they might not get the full appreciation in the long run.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2004, 03:13:45 PM »

Well technically this is true.

GnR has no album, no tour, no....nothing...Once they do then it will be different.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2004, 01:42:31 PM »

Scott and VR are great.  At least they have something out there and we can still see them play before they are 50+ years old.  Even though Duff looks like hes at least 60 in some of his new pics.  Anyway who cares about looks, the music is great.  But when the mythical Chinese Democracy hits the general public everyone will know what a great artist Axl was, is and always will be.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2004, 03:09:59 PM »

"STP is dead, and GNR is in the grave, but Velvet Revolver is very much alive.  However, we would like to bring out a special friend for you tonight...Izzy Stradlin!" 

Thanks for the quote...the whole quote, and nothing but the quote... hihi
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: