Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  does buckethead have any dates lined up?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: does buckethead have any dates lined up?  (Read 5513 times)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« on: May 04, 2006, 03:12:02 AM »

i am one of those who believe we most likely will see the 2002 band minus buckethead (although you never know when it comes to gnr), but i'm also one of those who feels that the band lost something great when buckethead left. i had a dream about buckethead tonight, he truly is the best guitar player in the world, simply amazing, and although i'm sure gnr will manage just fine without him, i also know how much talent that guy could bring to the table. so i wouldn't at all mind seeing him back, but i know that's unlikely to happen. does anyone know if buckethead has any live dates schedueled this spring/summer? i know he tours alot so he probably does but i just want to make sure. thanx.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:29:12 AM »

Yes. he has american shows that conflict with some of the Euro dates. Although that means nothing. If CD is really coming out soon and Axl is truly serious about touring,  BH would probably drop whatever he is doing to be a part of it. I cant imagine anyone passing up an opportunity like this.

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 03:30:40 AM »

well if the chemistry isn't there, what good will it do? for the band, i mean, apart from musically.
who knows. he gave up the oppertunity to be in gnr once already.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 03:48:55 AM »

from www.bucketheadland.com:

BUCKETHEAD
Touring Band: Pinchface (Drums/Chicago Style) - Delray Brewer (Bass)

Date
   Venue
   Info

Friday, June 9, 2006
   Wakarusa
   Lawrence, KS
Visit The Venues Web Site

Saturday, June 10, 2006
   Wakarusa
   Lawrence, KS

Friday, June 16, 2006
   Mishawaka Amphitheatre
   Bellvue, CO

Sunday, October 29, 2006
   House of Blues
   Anaheim, CA

More dates to come! Check back often or check the board for announcements

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 05:06:28 AM »

he gave up the oppertunity to be in gnr once already.
Well, that can also be looked at the other way around. GNR gave up the opportunity to have BH there. As everyone knows, BH doesn't like to just sit around for years and not do anything. I hope that someday we get the story behind his departure. Best case scenario would be that him and Axl reached some agreement that after he left, when things finally took off he would be back. Considering the fact that the music was done years ago and he wasn't really needed these past couple years, there is always the chance he could come back. Oh well. We'll find out 'soon'.

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 05:11:01 AM »

Well, that can also be looked at the other way around. GNR gave up the opportunity to have BH there. As everyone knows, BH doesn't like to just sit around for years and not do anything. I hope that someday we get the story behind his departure. Best case scenario would be that him and Axl reached some agreement that after he left, when things finally took off he would be back. Considering the fact that the music was done years ago and he wasn't really needed these past couple years, there is always the chance he could come back. Oh well. We'll find out 'soon'.

hopefully. axl seemed very hurt about his departure, so obviously he brought alot to the band. and by him giving up the chance to be in gnr, i mean that he drew himself away from the band, and he did. of course we don't know the whole truth behind this yet, but personally i can't understand why, if guns was moving too slow for him, he couldn't just be in the band and come whenever they needed him, and do his solo projects whenever he had the time for that. unlike alot of other members here i don't have a problem with side projects at all. but who knows what happened and why. i'd like to know the whole truth too.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 05:31:00 AM »

hopefully. axl seemed very hurt about his departure, so obviously he brought alot to the band. and by him giving up the chance to be in gnr, i mean that he drew himself away from the band, and he did. of course we don't know the whole truth behind this yet, but personally i can't understand why, if guns was moving too slow for him, he couldn't just be in the band and come whenever they needed him, and do his solo projects whenever he had the time for that. unlike alot of other members here i don't have a problem with side projects at all. but who knows what happened and why. i'd like to know the whole truth too.
After hearing these demos(and the "old" new songs), we can see why Axl would seem hurt by the BH departure. Besides Axl, he is the highlight of these songs. These songs without BH contributions will be sorely lacking in quality. Can Axl overcome that? I certainly hope so. If anyone can figure out a way to make up for a huge loss like that, its Axl. In my opinion, the BH material will likely stay. If we go another year and CD still hasn't been released, then its safe to say his parts are being rerecorded. Can GNR do this material on tour without BH or someone of equal talent? I seriously doubt that. You cant do songs with 2 guitarists that requires 3. No matter how good you(or anyone else) think Finck and Fortus are, they cannot do their contributions and BH's at the same time.

Whether some people want to admit or not, there is a key ingredient missing in the CD era version of GNR, and he's the topic of this thread.

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 05:36:19 AM »

After hearing these demos(and the "old" new songs), we can see why Axl would seem hurt by the BH departure. Besides Axl, he is the highlight of these songs. These songs without BH contributions will be sorely lacking in quality. Can Axl overcome that? I certainly hope so. If anyone can figure out a way to make up for a huge loss like that, its Axl. In my opinion, the BH material will likely stay. If we go another year and CD still hasn't been released, then its safe to say his parts are being rerecorded. Can GNR do this material on tour without BH or someone of equal talent? I seriously doubt that. You cant do songs with 2 guitarists that requires 3. No matter how good you(or anyone else) think Finck and Fortus are, they cannot do their contributions and BH's at the same time.

Whether some people want to admit or not, there is a key ingredient missing in the CD era version of GNR, and he's the topic of this thread.

i agree with this post very much james, also in thinking that if anyone can find a way to make up for such a huge loss, it's axl. i'm also very very excited to find out how the guitar section will work now that buckethead is not in the band, how they will handle both old and new songs and what changes have been made. guess we will find out next friday when our patience will be rewarded peace it still seems unreal that gnr will actually take the stage in a week! as for buckethead, i think by leaving gnr he has denied himself some huge oppertunities, but he probably didn't want those anyway.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 07:47:18 AM »

i think by leaving gnr he has denied himself some huge oppertunities, but he probably didn't want those anyway.
I strongly disagree. He obviously wanted to. He wouldnt have stuck around for as long as he did if he didnt care. Just listen to the demos. He did amazing work, and only God(and Axl of course) knows what else he did on this album. After spending several years giving incredible contributions, nothing happens. Even the 2002 fiasco didnt make him leave. Thats dedication. He obviously reached a point where he didnt think CD was going to get off the launch pad, so he left. he definitely left at a shitty time(before Rio), but there must have been reasons for him to leave when he did.

gun
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 08:26:44 AM »

There is probably a very simple reason he left...he wanted to work  hihi.  There's no doubt of his contributions though, can you imagine "Better" w/o Bucket?  Not me.  Axl and Bucket are the two things that make this work, the rest could be substituted by anyoone but Axl's voice and Bucket's playing are the glue that holds this one together.

As grim as it seems right now there is still hope in 2 ways.  One, (albeit this one is reaching) is that Bucket will be back.
Two, is something you guys hit on.  If anyone can find a way to make up for such a loss it's Axl.  Take a look at Ozzy and what he went through.  Here's a guy that had one of the best guitarists in Randy Rhoads that ever lived, he dies.  Look at what Ozzy was able to do to go on.  Who knows what Axl may have waiting for us all?  Let's just hope it's worth the wait.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 09:24:25 AM »

"We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve."

i wonder what axl meant by this...

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 09:38:56 AM »

"We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve."

He was leaving the door open for a possible Buckethead return. beer

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 03:14:04 PM »

If nothing else, I think it means that the "hired" members of the band contribute more than they're necessarily given credit for, and that Axl might be more than the tyrant he's often speculated to be when it comes to writing and contributing to songs...
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 04:55:47 PM »

Buckethead just finished a very short tour of southern California. I lucked out and happened to be in San Diego whenhe played Solonas. It was an odd experience to say the least, but it was a show I will never forget. He played a small place called Belly Up that couldn't have held more than a few hundred people. I was lucky enough to get there early enough to get right in front of the stage and watch Buckethead and his band jam for more than 3 hours.

BTW, his band is great. I'm still not sure how much of Pinchface's routine was an act, but he was definitely entertaining and funny as hell. If they come anywhere close o you I would highly recommend that you check them out. Love it or hate it, I'm sure you will definitely remember it.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 12:11:47 PM »

i saw buckethead a month ago in detroit... my jaw was dropped the entire time.  phenomenal is the word that comes to mind.  absolutely phenomenal.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
RHCPfan 777
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »

DID you guys know rhcp auditiones buckethead for the bangd
Evolution
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 08:50:10 PM »

I remember reading that somewhere. Flea said he thought he was amazing but didn't suit the Chili's sound.
ben9785
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 06:37:05 AM »

Indeed, Buckethead is fucking amazing. What a shame that it didn't work out with him. Regardless, I'm not going to try to get any sort of answer or question that. His playing on the demos is FUCKING AMAZING. I know it's not very likely but I hope some of Buckethead's work ends up on the album ultimately. But I love what he did on the demos. As someone else said; aside from Axl, he is definitely the highlight. This bumblefoot guy or whatever his name is, I'm sure he might be a proficient player, but he's not the same.

Regardless though, I am looking forward to hearing more of Buckethead's work, and hopefully he might do some extensive touring (I'm from Australia).

Sorry this really didn't have much to do with the topic but it was Buckethead related, so I guess that's OK.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: