Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135062 times)
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 05:30:05 PM »

This is gonna be a great year for GNR and their fans  Grin

To be fair Axl should have had more of these awards. Why have MTV turn there back on him?

Anyway... Roll on the next few weeks  beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »

To be fair Axl should have had more of these awards. Why have MTV turn there back on him?

MTV turned their back on music. Period.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »

/jarmo

So true.  YouTube is the only place people go to see music videos nowdays.  Success is now tracked with "hits", not goofy top 10 lists.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »

And wouldn't it be cheaper to have a few hour long video blocks?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »

Already got my ticket  Grin
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 05:55:23 PM »

Ha, True.

This was pretty epic when Axl introduced The Killers. Think this was the last award show Axl was at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amxaFT3lsSs
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 06:25:36 PM »

Ha, True.

This was pretty epic when Axl introduced The Killers. Think this was the last award show Axl was at.

Yeah, had to sit through that whole damn show to see him. 

Worth it though.  Always liked how he strutted out there so defiantly.  A real "yeah, I'm still here, motherfuckers" sort of vibe. 

Nailed that scream too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 07:24:46 PM »

Congrats to Axl!!!I think this really says a lot about Axl's determination to succeed at all costs. The guy overcame abuse as a child and really was tough minded. That says a lot about his character. I may not always agree with him, BUT W. Axl Rose  will always be a huge influence on helping me overcome my disability and stereotypes!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:00:34 PM by draguns » Logged
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »

A great honor for Axl I am looking forward to this and it will be some nice exposure. 
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »

would be cool if they performed a new song, be cool to debut a new one at a show like this!! either way im very happy for Axl, really looking forward to watching this.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 08:56:24 PM »

/jarmo
You are 100% correct MTV has turned itself into a "reality" network..Perhaps if Axl and company rented a house on the Jersey Shore they would get some airtime on this once prominent music orientated network..
overmatik
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 09:26:23 PM »

Anyway, Axl deserves all the recognition for his body of work, and at least they are giving the award to him instead of to the band.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:12:43 PM by jarmo » Logged
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 09:38:43 PM »

Ha, True.

Yeah, had to sit through that whole damn show to see him. 

Worth it though.  Always liked how he strutted out there so defiantly.  A real "yeah, I'm still here, motherfuckers" sort of vibe. 

Nailed that scream too.

Axl has a unique walk, more noticable in his younger years.  hihi
Congratulations to Axl for this award, he deserves it after being in the music industry since the 80s - something he wanted to do as a child & probably made it bigger than he ever imagined he would.
I hope it is viewable for those of us overseas, even if someone films it from their tv & sticks it on youtube. Would love to see him receive this.  love
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 01:32:39 AM »

this isnt on tv right? but there is an internet feed or something?
It's on TV. Fuse I think, or one of those music stations. Not sure when they air it. Don't think it's live. But I taped last years. All 3 hours worth. I believe each performer gets to play a few songs as well.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 05:33:22 AM »

Totally awesome!  My 2 favorite lead singers of all time- Dio's death hit me hard- thank god i saw Dio's last 2 shows of his life with Heaven & Hell- he could still belt it out at 67 & like Axl, gave every performance %1000 no matter how he felt. I feel like Axl is improving with age also.

Congrats Axl!  beer

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 05:40:20 AM »

This is wonderful news and I will be attending!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:12:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »

This is awesome! It's so cool that the band is performing--this is a GREAT opportunity to show off the "new" lineup. I'm pretty excited about this! It would be cool to see Axl singing "Holy Diver", but i'm just happy that they'll be playing anything. Definitely exciting times coming up for GnR fans!!!
beer

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 08:28:51 AM »

It's on TV. Fuse I think, or one of those music stations. Not sure when they air it. Don't think it's live. But I taped last years. All 3 hours worth. I believe each performer gets to play a few songs as well.

thanks... good info !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 08:37:57 AM »

After some googling, it seems like last year's event might have been live on AXS, and possibly online.
I didn't see it so I cant say for sure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »

After some googling, it seems like last year's event might have been live on AXS, and possibly online.
I didn't see it so I cant say for sure.

/jarmo
That may have been where I saw it. Didn't know if it was live or not but it was pretty raw so I could buy that. I had it on my DVR forever and actually just watched it a few months ago. That would be awesome if it was live again. Maybe this could open up the opportunity for them to do this kind of thing more often. Fallon, Kimmel, Letterman, SNL. All would be great, but first things first.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: