Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135062 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »

I remember watching it, as I recall it was live online and on AXS.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »

Is the same event that Sixx am & Slash (with Alice Cooper as guest) performed at on 2012? I remember seeing that online.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 11:32:45 AM »

Well, here's a concern: Slash has an album coming out later this Spring.  I really, really hope he won't try to show up to create some media hype, etc.  I wonder if Guns/Axl being there stipulated upon Slash not being there, contract wise...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »

Well, here's a concern: Slash has an album coming out later this Spring.  I really, really hope he won't try to show up to create some media hype, etc.  I wonder if Guns/Axl being there stipulated upon Slash not being there, contract wise...

Spring?

I thought I heard on the radio just this past week they hope to have it out by year's end.  Not by month's end.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 12:02:29 PM »

Supposedly,he has been a guest at this event every year they have had it , if I had to guess his participation was probably discussed/banned when GNR negotiated this

really looking forward to Axl giving some kind of speech ! im sure it will be very entertaining, maybe even a giraffe reference !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »

Spring?

I thought I heard on the radio just this past week they hope to have it out by year's end.  Not by month's end.

You could be right.  Last I heard it was late Spring.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »

Tickets are now on sale: http://www.axs.com/events/248802/revolver-golden-gods-tickets

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 06:56:06 PM »

Wonder who will present the award to Axl?? Is it the kind of awards show where the winners of this award from previous year do the honours - in which case would that be Metallica?  or would the show's host present it? 
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2014, 10:03:17 AM »

Congratulations Axl !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »

Wonder who will present the award to Axl?? Is it the kind of awards show where the winners of this award from previous year do the honours - in which case would that be Metallica?  or would the show's host present it?

I kinda doubt that it will be Metallica.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »

I could see Lars making the trip over there to do it.  I would rather see a young band who was influenced by GNR do it.  I don't know who will be there.  I would say Avenged Sevenfold but they are oddly not going to be there despite being nominated for practically every award.  Woulnd't mind seeing A Day to Remember do it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 12:03:39 PM »

We do have actual confirmation that he will be attending, right?  We are agreed on that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »

We do have actual confirmation that he will be attending, right?  We are agreed on that?

Oh shit, I didn't even think of that.

I think likely though.  Rumor has it he was very close to attending the Hall of Fame, but nothing could be worked out.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »

Oh shit, I didn't even think of that.

I think likely though.  Rumor has it he was very close to attending the Hall of Fame, but nothing could be worked out.

...and, that's why I bring it up.  I want to be clear ahead of time so there are no misunderstandings.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

Considering Guns N' Roses are performing at the event.....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »

Considering Guns N' Roses are performing at the event.....

So we are on record.  I thought we were, but was looking to clarify.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »

I guess some didn't read the press release...

GUNS N' ROSES TO PERFORM LIVE AND AXL ROSE TO RECEIVE THE 
?RONNIE JAMES DIO LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT? AWARD

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »

All sounds good.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »

Anybody making some kind of comparisons to past events isn't paying attention.

This event is listed on the official web site along with all the other upcoming shows. It's not just some award show where they decide who should be on stage and who shouldn't.
GN'R is playing and Axl is getting an award.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 01:24:01 PM »

Cool-cool-cool.  I look forward to it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: