Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  I have a serious question regarding these threads......
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have a serious question regarding these threads......  (Read 3813 times)
Buddy J.B.
« on: December 04, 2005, 09:35:29 AM »

would you people consider someone a dork if he or she.......

-agrees with Bush

-is a christian

-is a heterosexual

and so on.....

does that make someone a dork?

The so-called "cool" people are non-christians, rebel against Bush, support gay/lesbian people. Now I'm not saying that is bad but I constantly see people in this section exploding against believed-to-be racism,hypocritical religions,homophobes, lying politics etc. and use people that are christian/straight/Bush supporter as a scapegoat for these issues.

I'm just curious , is that the modern day geek???
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 09:55:19 AM »

It is fashionable and cool to be on the left, but that still doesn't make the left wrong.

And you are not a dork if you support Bush, just misguided.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 10:00:32 AM »

I didn't say I supported Bush,  people bash him to try and look bad but it's getting old and boring. Undecided
RichardNixon
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:02:43 AM »

I didn't say I supported Bush,? people bash him to try and look bad but it's getting old and boring. Undecided

Bush's presidency and policies are getting old and boring, and scary!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:21:50 AM »

The liberal bandwagon is very popular. Many hollywood celebrities support liberal causes and candidates. Many americans find celebrities influential and its just a popular stance to take politically. Also usually the party in power at the time catches the most shit.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 12:17:09 PM »

-agrees with Bush

-is a christian

-is a heterosexual

and so on.....

does that make someone a dork?

Even though you called me an asshole I'm gonna answer your question(s) here. It seems as if you are confused a tad (and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way.) But in order to answer your questions I will have to ask for more clarity first.

The so-called "cool" people are non-christians, rebel against Bush, support gay/lesbian people.

Who is defined as cool or not? Here?

Now I'm not saying that is bad but I constantly see people in this section exploding against believed-to-be racism, hypocritical religions,homophobes, lying politics etc. and use people that are christian/straight/Bush supporter as a scapegoat for these issues.

Scapegoat in what way?

"Believed to be" racism is pretty accurate. There have been white supremacy type remarks made on this forum, blatant racist remarks (one banned for using them), and gay bashing remarks made on this board. All of which irritate the other posters who are offended by it. I find nothing wrong with people calling others out on prejudice. It doesn't take long to look in the posting history of any of the offenders to see this.

There is another small group who thinks they "aren't racist" or that "Religion is being attacked"  which isn't really accurate, but rather a way to defend their behavior (using religion to look down on others, or using "science" as an excuse to be a racist.) There is a reason that those people are the minority here. It is because most people don't think or act that way.

Racism offends people, bigotry towards anybody offends people, Bush really offends people, lying offends people, and when it happens they will are gonna hear it. Others would like you to believe it is a "trendy" type thing. It is a typical argument of this group. That is, they want to make it black and white. It has nothing to do with Hollywood or anything else. In fact, I'd say most of the liberals here hardly care what is going on in the world of Hollywood. I couldn't give a rat's ass.

Geek? No. 

Racism, bigotry and pro war being the minority? That is a little more like it. That is probably the most important point of my post. Let me ask you something. Which one do you believe? That everybody is going along with these issues to be "cool"? Or that the people who are racist, bigots, lying, and hypocrites are actually the minority ? Which makes more sense? Do you really think that everybody just wants to be "cool" or do you think the majority of people on here prefer to be human beings and treat each other with decency and respect regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion and so on? What makes more sense?

I didn't say I supported Bush,  people bash him to try and look bad but it's getting old and boring. Undecided

People don't bash him to make him look bad. They bash him because they are angry about what he is doing to America and the world. This isn't the 9th grade here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 12:49:39 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 12:26:39 PM »

Also usually the party in power at the time catches the most shit.

Yea it couldn't be that they actually did something to catch it.  Roll Eyes
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

-agrees with Bush

Not a dork, just wrong or what I consider to be wrong, it would be unfair to support equal rights etc. in public if you try and take people's right to political beliefs. I may not agree with what you believe but I'd give my life to allow you to believe it.

-is a christian

I have absolutely nothing against Christains as a matter of fact I am Catholic (by birth). I just have a problem with fundamentalism, and the whole "fire and brimstone" thing. I just don't agree with someone saying people are going to go to hell or whatever because of their life choices or failure to conform to anothers belief system.

-is a heterosexual

Well I am a heterosexual, I'm just pro-choice, to each his own!

The so-called "cool" people are non-christians, rebel against Bush, support gay/lesbian people. Now I'm not saying that is bad but I constantly see people in this section exploding against believed-to-be racism,hypocritical religions,homophobes, lying politics etc. and use people that are christian/straight/Bush supporter as a scapegoat for these issues.

I'm just curious , is that the modern day geek???

I don't possess my beliefs because I think they are "cool" or because I seen some movie star do it. It's just a simple question of right and wrong for me, I am pro-choice, anti-Bush, believe in multi-culturalism and so on, because that is what I believe is right, not because so and so band or so and so actor is that way.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

hey I accept other's opinions, I was just curious, that's all.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 04:02:18 PM »

I think people think like that cause the have that thinking but not to try to be cool.

No man can be my equal
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 08:17:31 PM »

Yes, I hate every person that opposes my views ever.  They all suck and should burn in hell.

...Wait a second..
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 01:43:13 PM »

im a christian but im not no dork.
infact the rest of the cuncil are catholic and i wouldnt say any of us are dorks at all.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »

as long as someone isnt encouraaging suffering to me or anyone else then i dont have a problem with them.
and although i dont particularly like bush if someone else does i may ask a few questions but thats up to that person.we are all differrent.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: