Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:19:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why THe FUCK Did You Lock My Thread About The Truth Behind The Neon Pegasus Sign
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why THe FUCK Did You Lock My Thread About The Truth Behind The Neon Pegasus Sign  (Read 4690 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: March 02, 2006, 01:11:43 AM »

Man, what the hell? It was a GNR topic. So it wasnt asking for PM's and was lighthearted. Why the fuck did you lock it. It was just a fun thread. Man, so Im discussing something different? Explain, because I find you locking that to be insulting. I am a long time member here.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:02:30 AM »

Man, what the hell? It was a GNR topic. So it wasnt asking for PM's and was lighthearted. Why the fuck did you lock it. It was just a fun thread. Man, so Im discussing something different? Explain, because I find you locking that to be insulting. I am a long time member here.

Fun is not allowed. No jokes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:04:43 AM »

If you can explain what it was about....

Fun is not allowed. No jokes.

Wrong, your "look at all the pics I found online" type of posts aren't allowed in the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 02:16:21 AM »

Oh my.......no "joking" in this section either. Tongue

(And, I dont' recall making a reference to any pictures.........)

I spared you my latest pictures however; wouldn't want to be too risqu?.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 05:34:43 AM »

It's just that you've seemed a bit annoyed ever since I told you not to post those pics in the GN'R section....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 01:42:46 PM »

It's just that you've seemed a bit annoyed ever since I told you not to post those pics in the GN'R section....

/jarmo

Annoyed no.

If I was annoyed, I'd PM you and say "Hey Jarmo, I sure am annoyed about that." However since you brought it up..........the only reason I posted pics in that thread was because of the context of that thread. Which was: bullshit. The guy was posting a fake album cover and claiming it as fact. So I unloaded on him. It is not like I post pics all the time in that section, and you know that. But I digress.

Rather, it is wisecrack central as usual. Unless you feel like talking about Bush............

Anywho.......I guess we are both off topic aren't we?

Oh the irony...........
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 02:00:06 PM »

That's the impression I got since you've kinda mentioned the pictures or "lack of humor" in other sections.

Like this: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25502.msg461872#msg461872

So I'm sorry if I offended you, but your post made me think you were somewhat "unhappy" about me telling you to stop posting those pics in the GN'R section.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on what the thread was about...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 02:03:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 02:08:06 PM »

Like this: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25502.msg461872#msg461872

So I'm sorry if I offended you, but your post made me think you were somewhat "unhappy" about me telling you to stop posting those pics in the GN'R section.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on what the thread was about...

/jarmo

I am not offended.

You do not recognize me as a smartass yet? After how many posts?  Huh

Of course I'm going to crack on it.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 12:41:57 AM »

I think Jarmo and the mods need to wake up and listen to their  constituency. There are more and more complaints about arbitrary and unfair, even unjustified, actions by mods, including Jarmo, who seems  to be more and more on an enormous ego trip. This site will not exist if people find it  unpleasant  and a frustrating experience. I know that I feel that way, and I doubt that I am alone.

The point is that the site should be fun, and a minimalist  approach  should be taken by the mods.

The site is the best there is for GNR fans, I hope that it  is not ruined  by a heavy hand, bordering on micro-management by the mods.

I can only hope this post is taken in the right way, and taken to heart, because as a relatively long  time poster, I see a negative  trend.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 05:34:58 AM »

I'm on an "enormous ego trip"? Wow, I've never heard that before.  Roll Eyes

Care to prove it somehow?

/jarmo

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 05:36:56 AM »

I think Jarmo and the mods need to wake up and listen to their  constituency. There are more and more complaints about arbitrary and unfair, even unjustified, actions by mods, including Jarmo, who seems  to be more and more on an enormous ego trip. This site will not exist if people find it  unpleasant  and a frustrating experience. I know that I feel that way, and I doubt that I am alone.

The point is that the site should be fun, and a minimalist  approach  should be taken by the mods.

The site is the best there is for GNR fans, I hope that it  is not ruined  by a heavy hand, bordering on micro-management by the mods.

I can only hope this post is taken in the right way, and taken to heart, because as a relatively long  time poster, I see a negative  trend.

The only complaints I've seen come from newbies who have just registered and don't know how the board works and some old members that sometimes make me wonder where have they been all this time...

There are almost 5100 ACTIVE (and this is very important) members on this board, if we work the way SOME want us to work (which IS a minority, judging from the amount of visitors), then would that be a democracy?

Noone has changed the way they work here (and trust me, there were nights when it felt like working and having to face lots of idiot people WHEN IT SHOULD BE FUN). Noone is on an ego trip.

This board is private, none of you pays to be a member, it's offered to you by some individual who can run it the way he likes.

So if you ask me: if you don't like it, you're free to leave.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 06:37:57 AM »

Ego trip, eh...

Well, at least you're being original in your accusations, that's always good to see.

Though, surely an ego trip would be locking for the sake of locking, just because a moderator can, wouldn't you say?

I don't recall anybody here ever doing that.

We're not machines, we didn't get any training

(well, the two week boot camp last summer, but the less said about that the better. The food was terrible!)

so, if you're willing to be reasonable, you will realise that you can't expect consistent moderation all the time.

Because you see, when you strip it right down, it's only ever going to be personal opinion as to whether something should be locked, isn't it? Sure, we will discuss whether a thread deserves to be locked or not sometimes, but the majority of the time it comes down to the individual that goes ahead and locks it.

There isn't a board of governors, the rules aren't broken down and drawn up in minor and major offences, or what constitutes a locking,

we just have to do what we think seems right at the time.

Of course we're going to get it wrong sometimes. But that's just human nature, wouldn't you agree?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 11:29:59 AM »

A case could also be made that someone who thinks he/she is being singled out amongst almost 5100 users is also on an ego trip.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 05:38:23 PM »

With all the noobs, banned MyGNR people, fake insiders, ect. around now the mods need to be a bit more forceful. In fact I'd be one to aurgue the mods could do more in terms of locking, banning, ect.... but I understand they're doing what they can.

Older members should stop acting like babys and start cooperating with mods.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 08:25:55 PM »

This board is private, none of you pays to be a member, it's offered to you by some individual who can run it the way he likes.

So if you ask me: if you don't like it, you're free to leave.

That's what I always find funny when people complain about how a board is moderated. It's like they think just because they signed up and post that they can tell the owners the way that the board should be run. If people think it's so bad then ya know the logout button is always there. No one is forced to stay..
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 11:30:37 PM »

I'm on an "enormous ego trip"? Wow, I've never heard that before.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

The evidence lies  in the way the site  is  operated and is overwhelming, not necessary for quantification. But for beginners, look at each section and see who has started  the newly  created "important topics," while the rest of the proletariat  are grouped into "normal topics." Smells like  Animal  Farm to me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 01:01:45 AM »

The evidence lies? in the way the site? is? operated and is overwhelming, not necessary for quantification. But for beginners, look at each section and see who has started? the newly? created "important topics," while the rest of the proletariat? are grouped into "normal topics." Smells like? Animal? Farm to me.

I guess you must be joking, but anyway....

That's your proof?

Do I have to explain what the "important topics" really are?

/jarmo

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 10:41:32 AM »

I'm on an "enormous ego trip"? Wow, I've never heard that before.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

The evidence lies  in the way the site  is  operated and is overwhelming, not necessary for quantification. But for beginners, look at each section and see who has started  the newly  created "important topics," while the rest of the proletariat  are grouped into "normal topics." Smells like  Animal  Farm to me.

Oh My God...

I've read lots of stupid posts on this forum, but yours tops them all...

Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 11:45:37 PM »

This topic just caught my eye (I'm posting another topic soon... Just got side tracked by this).

I gotta say something here. I've been reading this board for years, but only recently registered and started posting.

I don't know Jarmo and I sure as hell have no idea who the other mods on this website is, but in a honesty, this is probably the most legitimate GN'R board on the net. No BS. You post relevant news, you have some fun, you discuss in a civil manner and you do it all in their respective sections. Assholes are banned, good people are left alone and the saints... well, they simply do not exist.  Wink

Truth to be told, this is Jarmo's website. This is his place. He can do whatever he wants. It's for the fans, but it's not the fans' to rule. If you don't like it, leave. I'm sure if Jarmo and the rest of the mods were a bunch of unfair egomaniacs, I'm sure they would be pretty lonely on this here board. But it seems pretty densely populated to me.  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: