Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 79628 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

2) I'm contacting my "sources" for more info (aka: Dave Scherer and Buck Woodward, formerly of 1wrestling.com, now at pwinsider.com). If anyone on the planet would know if it's legit, outside of WWE employees, it would be them.

You might want to contact Dave Meltzer at the Observer, too. He is a pretty good source for info.

I don't know Meltzer that well.  Considering what little contact I've had with him (meaning, he won't recognize my name), I suspect he'd just pass my email off and reply with something standard like "havent heard that".  Dave and Buck, on the other hand, are a bit more likely to make some phone calls on my behalf to do some fact checking, given they "know" me (in the sense we've exchanged lots of email), to some extent.  Buck was actually at one of the GnR shows during the ill fated tour....and we spent some time discussing that at one point.

If you've had some contact with Meltzer, and think he might do the legwork if you were to ask him about it, feel free! The more irons in the fire and all that....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2004, 03:32:36 PM »

wrestling .........  confused

please no.

Yeah, No one will take GNR seriously if they ever play on show like that...

But new version of wttj Kiss

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2004, 03:32:42 PM »

wow, that would be pretty cheesy...but, hey nothing would surprise me at this point...guess we'll find out confused

You don't think that's why he got the Mobil Gas Station Neon Horse do you?...he's getting rid of the GnR graphic and going with Mobil's dead horse? LOL  

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2004, 03:39:12 PM »

I don't think it would taint GnR. Them playing anywhere, ANYWHERE at all, would untaint them.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2004, 03:39:47 PM »

Dave Meltzer is very reliable. The Wrestling Observer is like the Wall Street Journal of Wrestling.

Enough with the bashing already. You people talk shit about it and don't even know about it.

Watch Beyond the Mat, that'll change your opinion.

D, Chinese Illusion, Stoned Maids, Big Poppa Dump, and Evolution help me here.

Axl probably likes the glitz of Wrestlemania.

Give him a break, I don't insult Friends because it's scripted (Some of shit the wrestlers do actually do hurt, except for the punches and kicks)

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2004, 03:44:11 PM »

Whether some of you like the idea or not, IF GNR were to perform at Wrestlemania it would be a lot of publicity for them.  I don't know where it is taking place this year, but usually is held in a pretty big stadium.  I think last year there was like 60,000 people there.  Plus millions of people around the world watch this shit on pay-per-view.  It definitely wouldn't hurt the band in any way, just in some of your eyes. smoking smoking

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2004, 03:46:13 PM »

Appearing at Wrestlemania II didn't hurt the career of a certain Ozzy Osbourne.  Roll Eyes

And he probably would have covered Paranoid by Sabbath if he'd been allowed to perform, so where's the damn difference?

ANY GN'R IS GOOD GN'R.

Except a duet with Nelly or some tosser...  Grin

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2004, 03:48:33 PM »

WMXX is in Madison Square Garden and Motorhead played at WM17 I think and it rocked the house!!!
I dont think Axl can taint GNR anymore so Im all for it.
 smoking
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2004, 03:48:51 PM »

Whether some of you like the idea or not, IF GNR were to perform at Wrestlemania it would be a lot of publicity for them.  I don't know where it is taking place this year, but usually is held in a pretty big stadium.  I think last year there was like 60,000 people there.  Plus millions of people around the world watch this shit on pay-per-view.  It definitely wouldn't hurt the band in any way, just in some of your eyes. smoking smoking

Not this year.  WM XX is going to be at MSG..much smaller venue than last year.  Still, it IS MSG.

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2004, 03:49:48 PM »

Just seems like a rehash of an old rumor to me. Undecided
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2004, 03:50:44 PM »

Ill all for it because it millions of people watch it. But if they arent there to promote cd then its useless and are leavign themselves to get critisized. So if they are there to play some of the new stuff becuase of the album is out then im totally for it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2004, 03:50:48 PM »

Mysteron - Heard anything about this?

Riot In Everyone!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2004, 03:50:55 PM »

Dave Meltzer is very reliable. The Wrestling Observer is like the Wall Street Journal of Wrestling.

Agreed.  I just don't "talk" to him, so my email to him would, I suspect, get lost among the many emails that I'm sure hit his inbox every day.  As I said, if anyone DOES correspond with him regularly, and thinks that their email will get the attention it "deserves", please, by all means, send it off.....

Together again,
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2004, 03:52:48 PM »

If you've had some contact with Meltzer, and think he might do the legwork if you were to ask him about it, feel free! The more irons in the fire and all that....

I don't know Meltzer too well (I'm not into wrestling anymore), but a friend of mine does so I can ask him to ask Meltzer to see what he says. My first reaction was that it was false because it didn't come from one of the big two.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2004, 03:57:14 PM »

Enough with the bashing already. You people talk shit about it and don't even know about it.

Watch Beyond the Mat, that'll change your opinion.

D, Chinese Illusion, Stoned Maids, Big Poppa Dump, and Evolution help me here.

I have run the music at wrestling events, and I can tell you that those guys are athletes.  Predetermined is NOT the same as fake.  Besides, it's been MANY years since wrestling has even pretended to be real.  WWE is surely no faker than Shakespeare.

On-topic, it would not hurt at all for Guns to play WMXX, although I haven't heard anything about it.  My sources tend to be ex-WWE/F employees, though, local ring announcers and such, so they're not necessarily privy to these things.  The fact is that most cable companies depend heavily on WWE events for a sizable chunk of PPV revenue.  Wrestlemania is usually the most ordered PPV of the years, and not just for wrestling...for everything.  Like it or not, it has a massive core audience.  Literally millions will watch WM this year.  Many of them will be younger adults not as familiar with Gn'R, and no-wrestling fans will most likely not even be aware of an appearance.
Could be good, although I don't see it happening.
Sorry so disjointed...I'm running a show.
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2004, 03:57:37 PM »

WM is March 14th, so that would put us in the ballpark for hearing "something" soon................I have mixed feelings on this.  Wrestling is nowhere near as popular as it was even 4-5 years ago, and then ask yourself if you want the WWE crowd on the GNR bandwagon.   Whatever Axl does, I have to assume there's some rationale behind it (READ:$$$$$) and like the Million Dollar Man once said at Wrestlemania back in the good ol' days  "Everybody's got a price"
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2004, 04:01:36 PM »

like the Million Dollar Man once said at Wrestlemania back in the good ol' days  "Everybody's got a price"

Hahaha, this guy knows his stuff  Grin  beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2004, 04:04:17 PM »

I hope that GNR doesn't perform there.  It would be there first performance back and I don't think that coming back to a wrestling show would be the best.  This won't happen, I think they will make an appearance on MTV or let them know first before they do anything like this.  
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2004, 04:06:09 PM »

Thats one rumour i hope is true, that would rock so much!

(Might even win GNR with the ''younger generation'' you lot worry so much about)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 04:07:09 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2004, 04:08:56 PM »

Would you guys shutup and stop saying wrestling would make GNR look like a joke.Fact is,wrestling is very popular and would be a good place for GNR to start the return.One year Wrestlmania got 102,000 fans to the Pontiac Silver dome and last year got about 80,000 at Safeco Field in Seattle.They could do that again,but they decided to have it at MSG where Wrestlmania started.A lot of big bands have had there songs be official songs of WWE payperviews,and getting your song to be the Wrestlmania song seems like it would be a cool honor seeing as it is the "big event" for wrestling yearly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: