Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 79212 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #300 on: July 05, 2005, 07:10:10 AM »

Im just saying Falcon, its took this many years, he has completed the record 5 times over

eveyone knows during a recording session, most bands have 3 or 4 hits, so if he has 20 A list songs that makes me very optimistic

For example ill give u Aerosmith.

instead of releasing the records they did

imagine if they took the best from Pump,Get a Grip and Nine Lives and made one huge cd out of the best material?

what if GNR had done this and took the best from Appetite,Lies and the Illusions and made one super Cd?

i think this is what axl is doing

he is inspired,has intense writing sessions, when the creativity wears off, he takes a year or so off, starts new sessions, takes the best material from that etc etc etc.

Thats my theory and im stickin with it.

20 A list songs means axl really has big guns. i find that encouraging.

I disagree.? Some of the best albums every made have been done on shoe string budgets and cut in a matter of months, if not less!? Just because you take a decade and spent millions of dollars on something doesn't been it's going to be good.? I've said it before on this board and I will say it again. Rock & Roll, true Rock is not some overproduced, every single note perfect science project crap.? True rock is all about emotion and not being "perfect".? I REALLY don't think we will see CD for another 20 years, or until after Axl is dead.? And IF CD does ever come out, it will be waaaay overproduced and sound to perfect.? ROCK AND ROLL IS NOT PERFECT!!

exactly.. The hearing of computers in use and everything else what kind of rock is that? He said he had big guns years n years ago then he's still working on it redid the shit 5-6 times.. Anyone can make a better album if they just keep working on the same shit over and over.. It's a fucking boring soap opera, all everyone does is say it's a plan it's this it's that.. Sounds like someone who doesn't know what he's doing and has no faith in his work.. How many musicinans for hire have come through?/ 13 million ?tons of people on this.. Sounds like a real group project.. Everybody and their mother has been involved,, He's just a spoiled pampered millionaire who has endless time and gives not a care about his fans.. One album, that's all anyone wants and he can't deliver, instead he has people trying to bend over backwards and he fucks them over, he hired all these guys and they never get to do anything with the band.. Sounds like one go maniac trying to make this super album while fucking everyone else over..
I just pray none of his music sounds anything like those boots..

first of all, calling axl spoiled takes away alot of your credibility as you seem like more of a basher than a critic. of anyone's not spoiled, it's axl. he came from a poor broken home to l.a. without a thing and he has worked himself up to earning millions by putting out some of the best music that's out there and putting his life in this band and working his ass off. so don't call him spoiled. axl is in his full right to spend his well-earned money the way it suits him.
now, as for what axl is doing not being rock and roll, hell, axl and the rest of the old guns put out fucking APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION as their debut album, so you're fucking talking about the wrong person not being rock and roll.
and it becomes clearer and clearer to me that axl's vision for this project and these albums is bigger than we've all imagined. i've always believed that axl is a modern day musical genius, and i think he wants to prove himself once and for all with this album. and he will. so let him take his time. no one's forcing you to wait around for christ's sake, just leave if you want to, the rest of us who wants to stick by axl will be among the proudest fans in the world when this project is finally wrapped up.
one thing i wonder though: call me stupid but how is axl gonna release this thing when geffen's had enough and stopped funding him? is he independent now or what? is he still attached to geffen in some way?

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2005, 07:26:27 AM »

and am i the only one who reacted to the fact that these sources obviously betrayed their confidence and agreements with axl by talking behind his back to a newspaper which they must've known would not portray him as a good guy? (shocker)
anyway, some of these people have their own reasons for talking about what they no longer know much about, namely a distant relationship with axl, their 15 minutes of fame and the bitterness of no longer being part of this grandiose project.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2005, 08:07:48 AM »

and am i the only one who reacted to the fact that these sources obviously betrayed their confidence and agreements with axl by talking behind his back to a newspaper which they must've known would not portray him as a good guy? (shocker)
anyway, some of these people have their own reasons for talking about what they no longer know much about, namely a distant relationship with axl, their 15 minutes of fame and the bitterness of no longer being part of this grandiose project.

as much as they don't know shit about axl
you don't know a lot about these people. so don't start judging them and all, maybe they're nice guys with kids and wives and bikes and cars Smiley

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #303 on: July 05, 2005, 11:43:10 AM »

seriously, i can't believe people think a little fucking article is the final nail in the coffin

you're all gonna be the first fucking people on the bandwagon when it comes out, and say "i always believed in you axl"

i agree, the overly dramatic antics of some of these board members will be swept under the carpet when they claim to be axl's firm supporters once CD drops.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #304 on: July 05, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »

Without reading through 8 pagers and seeing a brief overview of what people are saying here. I find it rather anazing that everyone has takein this artilcal to such a negative point .

Personally myself I think that the article in itself was not put out by acident, nor just outta? the blue, knowing all to well the close lid on goin ons all these yrs. In fact I would not be a damn bit surpirsed if Merck actually sanctioned this , cause remebver it as not to long ago that we found out that GNR is now part of sancuary, and if you folks missed , he talks up GNR at almost any turn.
So for me I took this as a great insight to the fact that alot of people who where trying to work with axl werent living up to his vision, as for the band , well I know that are intact and ready to rolll.

What I thihnk alot of people are failing to missing is that article is indeed? a glimps of the great hype and anticipation that we all have known for these yrs, but what it does in effect is put it out there for the masses, the general masses, and its intriguing , cause now those who werent following every step and were casual listeners , will be like , damn "the most expensive album never made".... but you all read that with Sancuary, MErck and company, are thrilled and very aware of the fact that this is gettin close , (in relative terms) as in this yer I have no doubts. So what better way to bring the name GNR back than with alil story of all the yers of contriversy that the public at large didnt know.

Some of you really dont desrve to even be GNR fans, and should just stick with VR, youll be more at ease with mediocraty. And so mayny of you love to find and bring negatives, when I saw the article as amusing and in the end more positive than anythign ng else.

But say whay you will small minds , well they think like the hoard.? So choose what you will. I have and always will chose GNR and Axl, and like Mreck said, after CD is out, people wll see who really is the heart and driving force of GUNS N ROSES, and that is AXl ROSE.

Peace

one of the best and truest posts ever made. supported 100%. Cool

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #305 on: July 05, 2005, 12:11:44 PM »

The record company has already rejected CD once i think.

LMAO! what makes you think that?? a statement like that is so ridicilous in itself that it just HAS to be false. if geffen at any point was offered chinese democracy by axl they would take it and run, believe me.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #306 on: July 05, 2005, 01:34:53 PM »

exactly.. The hearing of computers in use and everything else what kind of rock is that? He said he had big guns years n years ago then he's still working on it redid the shit 5-6 times.. Anyone can make a better album if they just keep working on the same shit over and over.. It's a fucking boring soap opera, all everyone does is say it's a plan it's this it's that.. Sounds like someone who doesn't know what he's doing and has no faith in his work.. How many musicinans for hire have come through?/ 13 million  tons of people on this.. Sounds like a real group project.. Everybody and their mother has been involved,, He's just a spoiled pampered millionaire who has endless time and gives not a care about his fans.. One album, that's all anyone wants and he can't deliver, instead he has people trying to bend over backwards and he fucks them over, he hired all these guys and they never get to do anything with the band.. Sounds like one go maniac trying to make this super album while fucking everyone else over..
I just pray none of his music sounds anything like those boots..

first of all, calling axl spoiled takes away alot of your credibility as you seem like more of a basher than a critic. of anyone's not spoiled, it's axl. he came from a poor broken home to l.a. without a thing and he has worked himself up to earning millions by putting out some of the best music that's out there and putting his life in this band and working his ass off. so don't call him spoiled. axl is in his full right to spend his well-earned money the way it suits him.
now, as for what axl is doing not being rock and roll, hell, axl and the rest of the old guns put out fucking APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION as their debut album, so you're fucking talking about the wrong person not being rock and roll.
and it becomes clearer and clearer to me that axl's vision for this project and these albums is bigger than we've all imagined. i've always believed that axl is a modern day musical genius, and i think he wants to prove himself once and for all with this album. and he will. so let him take his time. no one's forcing you to wait around for christ's sake, just leave if you want to, the rest of us who wants to stick by axl will be among the proudest fans in the world when this project is finally wrapped up.
one thing i wonder though: call me stupid but how is axl gonna release this thing when geffen's had enough and stopped funding him? is he independent now or what? is he still attached to geffen in some way?

First off, not all of us here blindly support Axl.  What I am saying is we do support him BUT we do see that this just doesn't make sense all this time, all this waiting, to the point that Geffen has pulled the plug on funding, Axl is the blame for that no one else.  Can't blame Geffen, they put 13 mil into this project enough is enough,  time for Axl to deliver.  How long does it take, this album has been worked on since 1999.  You tell me August, when is enough, enough already.   There are those of us on here who feel this way.  Doesn't mean we are bashing Axl, it means we are frustrated beyond belief that it's taken so long and the silence is deafening.   He is a professional and he doesn't act like one sometimes.  Do you think Axl really, really, really cares about his fans?  I think he does to a degree, I think when he is out there, touring and promoting and playing he does but when he is not, I don't know, I can't really say that I fully believe, 100% that he does.   Or, he would make a statement or something to let us know that we who do support him and have supported him all this time, knows when we can expect this 7 year in the making album.   Is he taking his time to make a "Masterpiece" and who is the judge, Axl...I fear that we will never see it, if that is the case.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #307 on: July 05, 2005, 04:02:37 PM »

i think, as the article somewhat points out, that axl has become so buried under all of his visions and all of his work that he doesn't know how to put it all together into one package, mixed with the fact that he doesn't want this album to come out unless it is perfect in his eyes. this is a somewhat sad personal situation for him, but it also tells me that axl truly wants to make the best damn guns record possible, and not only for himself, but to live up to the enormous expectations from the fans and the rest of the world, to live up and again add new glory to the name guns n' roses. he wants this project to surpass his previous efforts, and this is obviously a task so big that is crumbling under it, but not giving up, because he, as we do, knows what he is capable of. this to me is personally alot more satisfying than if he was to rush out some half-done, half-assed album under the guns n' roses name and ruin it's legacy. and i think in the end, most fans will end up thanking him for it.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #308 on: July 05, 2005, 04:05:20 PM »

so long as Axl hasn't given up... ?then it's coming

even if Geffen were to 'give up'... ?Axl would still own the songs

(the record company would own the recordings - but the songs are still Axl's 'intellectual property')

personally, I don't believe Axl will ever give up

... and unless there is some indication of that (evidence of which has never been offered) then I'm not giving up ?ok
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #309 on: July 05, 2005, 04:27:12 PM »

i think, as the article somewhat points out, that axl has become so buried under all of his visions and all of his work that he doesn't know how to put it all together into one package, mixed with the fact that he doesn't want this album to come out unless it is perfect in his eyes. this is a somewhat sad personal situation for him, but it also tells me that axl truly wants to make the best damn guns record possible, and not only for himself, but to live up to the enormous expectations from the fans and the rest of the world, to live up and again add new glory to the name guns n' roses. he wants this project to surpass his previous efforts, and this is obviously a task so big that is crumbling under it, but not giving up, because he, as we do, knows what he is capable of. this to me is personally alot more satisfying than if he was to rush out some half-done, half-assed album under the guns n' roses name and ruin it's legacy. and i think in the end, most fans will end up thanking him for it.

I hear you in that sense, I can understand not rushing an album out, we all know Axl would never do that.  He does want to make the best album that he possibly can and hats off to him for that and I do as a fan appreciate that emensly but too long is too long. 
I do feel somewhat sorry for him that this may be out of his control because as you said he could be buried but you know, only he has the power to unbury himself and if he needs to swallow a little pride and get some help then so be it.  I hope he is not trying to be the hero and take this on all by himself cause it ain't working.    Truly we are only speculating on what's happening but all the tidbits we have heard from various people all point to this conclusion as to the reason for the huge delay.

check it out!!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #310 on: July 05, 2005, 05:40:04 PM »

tidbits is what the NY Times article is IMO... and old tidbits at that
(old tidbits...? sounds nasty eh?? Grin )

Everything in the NY Times piece is MOOT... the statement from Sanctuary regarding "dozens of newly recorded tracks" is a lot more than a tid-bit and a lot fresher...
a much more? current (therefore, more accurante) indication of the status of 'The Most Expensive Album Yet To Be Released...

Leeds "stark ending" angle was crafted irresponsibly and wrecklessly in an attempt to make use of his old tidbits. Roll Eyes
It ain't over til the fat lady... err...  Axl sings Wink

but... let's not get back on that sore subject...

I like the way this thread has headed

axl truly wants to make the best damn guns record possible, and not only for himself, but to live up to the enormous expectations from the fans and the rest of the world, to live up and again add new glory to the name guns n' roses. he wants this project to surpass his previous efforts....? (he) is not giving up because he, as we do, knows what he is capable of. ... i think in the end, most fans will end up thanking him for it.

beer

I believe the reason for the delay surely yes, in the past, would be due to a lot of things such as band member line-up changes...? the band becoming a band... the style / Axl's vision changing... and perhaps more recently Axl demanding of himself no less than what he believes to be the absolute best lyrics and vocals he can deliver.

It is a HUGE name to live up to... but I do believe, in the end Axl and the new Guns N' Roses will further cement the legacy of GN'R.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 05:42:02 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #311 on: July 05, 2005, 06:12:42 PM »

it also tells me that axl truly wants to make the best damn guns record possible, and not only for himself, but to live up to the enormous expectations from the fans and the rest of the world, to live up and again add new glory to the name guns n' roses. he wants this project to surpass his previous efforts, and this is obviously a task so big that is crumbling under it, but not giving up, because he, as we do, knows what he is capable of. this to me is personally alot more satisfying than if he was to rush out some half-done, half-assed album under the guns n' roses name and ruin it's legacy. and i think in the end, most fans will end up thanking him for it.
brillant post. But in my opinion, he shouldn't think to "surpass" what he did with the old band because it's just impossible.
Axl will never sell again 80 million albums within a few years. Don't forget there was a guy like Slash, who was as important and popular as Axl, and who did help to sell tons of records on his own. there is no new Slash in the new GN'R. Neither musically, nor in term of popularity and impact.  He just should think making a great album, have a great success, without necessary having the obsession to "surpass" what the old band did. at 25/30 you're on top, at 43 you're not anymore. It's almost physicall. That's life. Comebacks are never bigger than 1st time success.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 06:16:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #312 on: July 05, 2005, 08:10:44 PM »

it also tells me that axl truly wants to make the best damn guns record possible, and not only for himself, but to live up to the enormous expectations from the fans and the rest of the world, to live up and again add new glory to the name guns n' roses. he wants this project to surpass his previous efforts, and this is obviously a task so big that is crumbling under it, but not giving up, because he, as we do, knows what he is capable of. this to me is personally alot more satisfying than if he was to rush out some half-done, half-assed album under the guns n' roses name and ruin it's legacy. and i think in the end, most fans will end up thanking him for it.
brillant post. But in my opinion, he shouldn't think to "surpass" what he did with the old band because it's just impossible.
Axl will never sell again 80 million albums within a few years. Don't forget there was a guy like Slash, who was as important and popular as Axl, and who did help to sell tons of records on his own. there is no new Slash in the new GN'R. Neither musically, nor in term of popularity and impact.? He just should think making a great album, have a great success, without necessary having the obsession to "surpass" what the old band did. at 25/30 you're on top, at 43 you're not anymore. It's almost physicall. That's life. Comebacks are never bigger than 1st time success.

Yeah, it's this obession with ultimate greatest album ever is going to ultimately be his downfall if he lets it.

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #313 on: July 05, 2005, 08:20:24 PM »

DTJ, you hit the nail on the head. Remember when Nikki Sixx fired Vince Neil so he could make a Physical Graffiti? LMAO! He did a superb job at that, didn't he? You just cant make a perfect record. Period. Everyone's tastes are different. It can be a great album, a masterpiece, but it cant be perfect. And to the people who like to flame: Dont flame me for comparing GNR to Motley. I just used Motley as a reference.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2005, 08:30:15 PM »

DTJ, you hit the nail on the head. Remember when Nikki Sixx fired Vince Neil so he could make a Physical Graffiti? LMAO! He did a superb job at that, didn't he? You just cant make a perfect record. Period. Everyone's tastes are different. It can be a great album, a masterpiece, but it cant be perfect. And to the people who like to flame: Dont flame me for comparing GNR to Motley. I just used Motley as a reference.

It's true, perfect doesn't exist most of the time and he has to accept that, he has to cause it will never be perfect enough for him.  Oh and James, I won't flame you for comparing Motley to GNR hihi   I can speak for me but not everybody else Wink

check it out!!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

Now I have to ask... Has Axl ever said he's trying to make the album perfect... (or trying to make a perfect album)?

Again, I'm not being sarcastic... I'm really looking for a reference to this.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2005, 08:40:32 PM »

Eva, interesting question!! I would have to say no. I think the perfection thing came about as people's excuses for this album taking so long. I could be wrong. He might have said that somewhere, but I doubt it.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2005, 08:46:32 PM »

It's not what he says but his actions the speak of perfectionism.   When he was with old GNR and now wanting to hold up release dates cause he didn't feel it was ready.   What producers have said about his reactions to them saying to him the tracks are great, what are you waiting for...that kind of thing leads me to believe anyway that he is a perfectionist.

check it out!!
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2005, 08:48:12 PM »

Now I have to ask... Has Axl ever said he's trying to make the album perfect... (or trying to make a perfect album)?

The problem is he HASN"T SAID ANYTHING. Axl could easily clear the air about CD and everything else by doing a 1 hour interview. He knows this.

Axl did say something to the effect of trying to rebuild GnR from the ground up during his interview with Loader after the MTV show, but I have never seen a direct quote attributing this statement to him.

Actually, I haven't seen ANY direct quotes from Axl about ANYTHING in a LONG time.  Grin 

beer
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2005, 08:49:05 PM »

The problem is he HASN"T SAID ANYTHING. Axl could easily clear the air about CD and everything else by doing a 1 hour interview. He knows this.

Axl did say something to the effect of trying to rebuild GnR from the ground up during his interview with Loader after the MTV show, but I have never seen a direct quote attributing this statement to him.

Actually, I haven't seen ANY direct quotes from Axl about ANYTHING in a LONG time.? Grin?

beer

Rock on beer

check it out!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: