Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)  (Read 44733 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« on: February 20, 2006, 06:31:53 PM »

With all the new live dates, it begs the question, who will be the third guitarist for the live band. We have heard nothing about a search for a new member. This could mean a few things:

1. Buckethead will return to the band

2. Finck/Fortus take the leads and a new rhythm player is chosen

3. A new lead must be found.

I cannot see the band working these songs with just two guitarists; three is really needed to maintain the wall of sound buzz that alot of these tracks seem  to fill up the room with.

Of course i prefer option 1, but does this possibly mean  a return to Paul Tobias as a temporary rhythm or can they pull it off with a two guitar shoot?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 06:33:31 PM »

Maybe the second lead will be Slash......There's some wishful thinking!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 06:35:19 PM »

Maybe the second lead will be Slash......There's some wishful thinking!

Wishful for some - let the past be for others.  This can of worms has been opened a million times.  Most likely the return of Bucket seems more likely.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 06:35:42 PM »

With all the new live dates, it begs the question, who will be the third guitarist for the live band. We have heard nothing about a search for a new member. This could mean a few things:

1. Buckethead will return to the band

2. Finck/Fortus take the leads and a new rhythm player is chosen

3. A new lead must be found.

I cannot see the band working these songs with just two guitarists; three is really needed to maintain the wall of sound buzz that alot of these tracks seem  to fill up the room with.

Of course i prefer option 1, but does this possibly mean  a return to Paul Tobias as a temporary rhythm or can they pull it off with a two guitar shoot?

I would like to see Bucket back to see this thing to completion, but I don't think that will happen.

I think Paul Tobias could hold down the fort for a few shows, but ideally I'd like to see a permanent third guitarist.  I think it shouldn't be just about pure talent.  It should be about overall band chemistry.  That's where things might have fallen apart with Buckethead.

Ali
MCT
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »

What is brown sugar?
rainX
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

sign the anti-3rd guitar player petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/rfinck/petition.html
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »

This is the key bit of missing information that I'm hoping we will be informed about soon.

I just cannot see how they can possibly play Buckets lines live if he is not there, which lets face it is unlikely as there was an awful lot of bitterness when he quit. Tommy's comments as recently as December suggest he's long gone and never to return.

A new guitarist? That would be huge.

Thats the choice I think:

1) - Complete re-write of CD for live purposes, taking all of Bucket's lines and solos out.
2) - Replacement guitarist found.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 06:39:43 PM »

I have my fingers crossed for Bucket. As Saul mentioned his tour is done at the end of April. I really hope Axl not only keeps his parts on the album but recruits him back. I am not very confident that Finck/Fortus can handle the old guns songs as well as the Bucket solos.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »

sign the anti-3rd guitar player petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/rfinck/petition.html

That petition is cool!

I just wonder how important it would be to have three guitarists live.  Is that necessary to truly recreate the sound on the album?

That's a question I have.

Ali
badapple81
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 06:40:50 PM »

I somehow think Axl has planned whatever he is doing with the guitars for some time now and is unlikely to change at this stage. I don't think he would have confirmed RIR without being sure he is clear what will happen.
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 06:41:37 PM »

How do we know that Bucket's part haven't been already replaced.
MCT
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 06:41:56 PM »

The third guitarist has already been announced! It's Brown Sugar, the guy who used to play for the Gravel Pit Campers.

Trust me. I'm an insider... Wink
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 06:42:31 PM »

I don't care I think it will be great either way. ?
dirtyballs
Opening Act

Lives Forever!

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 06:43:23 PM »

bring slash back and get the shit goin?
it is time to conquer the world again...

mfg

dirtyballs

" you don`t need my love all you want is satisfaction"

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 06:47:33 PM »

Getting Slash back would make sense; admittedly he's not as skilled as Buckethead from a technical point of view, but it'd gain the band a lot of goodwill. People who've played the new songs to non-fan friends have all been reporting much the same thing; "It isn't the same without Slash."

I doubt it'll happen though.

SG
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 06:49:05 PM »

By the comments from Tommy Stinson about the Buckethead nightmare, I don't think he will be back and I hope he doesn't come back.

Is he amazing? Yes. Do I have his solo shit yeah before her was in Guns I was aware of him.

If I wanted a third gutarist I'd say either Paul Tobias stays on rhythem, Izzy or then Slash.

No more people except ex members. The revolving door of members should stop, unless its people who were already in the band.

Fuck All Y'all
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 07:07:04 PM »

Is Zakk Wylde a possibility? He did the TWAT solo didn't he?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 07:08:26 PM »

Zakk worked on the TWAT solo but I think that is Bucket on the demo.

I wouldn't mind Zakk.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 07:28:53 PM »

Zakk worked on the TWAT solo but I think that is Bucket on the demo.

I wouldn't mind Zakk.

Holy fock, Killingvector, are you serious about Zakk on TWAT?  I didn't know that and since I first heard it I was so convinced it was his style that I figured Buckethead was just copying him.  I mean, that solo is so Zakk Wylde.  To me, Zakk is the fastest guy they could get.  Anyone that can play faster then Zakk would be silly.  He is a ballsy, bluesy player like Slash.  However, Zakk is good friends with Slash.  He would never join.  A while back didn't he tell Axl to fuck off and get Slash back in the band?  That is a yes.  Vector I hope you are right about Zakk working on that.  I hope that was his solo. It was killer!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 07:29:31 PM »

there's a rumour on mygnrforum that Michael Angelo Batio is the new guitarist

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: