Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)  (Read 44765 times)
shaun
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »

this thread is so pointless
*-please wait, time will reveal all-*
beer
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:57:51 PM by D0badog » Logged
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »

I still laugh when I think of Axl's press release about Buckethead where he calls him inconsistent, erratic and the source of uncertainity and confusion. The hypocrisy is stunning. Uncertainity and confusion? I guess he means kind of like we're all feeling with no press release, release date, lineup, and threads wondering if the shows will be cancelled or not. Don't get me wrong - I'm still a fan - I've invested a lot of money on going to the NY shows next week - but if they get cancelled or end early, only one person is responsible - and I'm not referring to a random fan who takes a photo or wears the wrong t-shirt.

http://www.gawker.com/topic/worst_press_release_axl_rose_v_buckethead_014497.php

funny how opinions are diferent... I always found that PR one of the most sincere door to inside G&R...
back to 3rd guitar player I don't think Axl would bring anyone to destroy all the work Finck has done before Bucket and Finck&Fortus have done after Head. He7s a nice guy. Finck is the soul of those leaks we heard, Bucket was only player on top of it (not saying anything bad about his playing). All the emotions in TWAT were Axl's and Robin's... just my thoughts.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »

Bitter enemies, Mr. I?

I never thought Bucket could have an enemy; he is such a gentle person.

Quote was from a tech of his.... it seemed he was very sure of the situation. The tech also said "the work buckethead did for that album was amazing, I wonder if that idiot Axl is going to use.." etc... he seemed to be very anti-axl and I went along with it just to see how much I could get out of him. I acted like I was tottaly on B.H's side.

He really said that? I hope you are not bullshiting. Anyway if he said that, I hope all the Buckethead parts will be erased, from his first guitar note, to his last one. He does NOT deserve the glory to be on this record. Buckethead was an unknown guitar player before he joined GNR (and still is), I don't see why Axl and the band should make him the favour to appear on it. Anyway there's nothing amazing in his playing on the demos, he is boring and for me some of his guitar solos pretty ruin the demos.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 04:28:13 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2006, 04:20:43 PM »

Dobadog

The PUSH thread was deleted.

Mission accomplished.

ELECTRIFYIN!!!

On topic:  I think Izzys gonna make a surprise appearance.  But thats just me.

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2006, 05:41:03 PM »

He really said that? I hope you are not bullshiting. Anyway if he said that, I hope all the Buckethead parts will be erased, from his first guitar note, to his last one. He does NOT deserve the glory to be on this record. Buckethead was an unknown guitar player before he joined GNR (and still is), I don't see why Axl and the band should make him the favour to appear on it. Anyway there's nothing amazing in his playing on the demos, he is boring and for me some of his guitar solos pretty ruin the demos.

It?s nice to see you?re still exploring the frontiers of ignorance and stupidity. People need it, from time to time, to see that some things in the world will never change.

Buckethead reached a status as a virtuoso, in times where the guitar no longer dominates the music (unlike the past decades), only very few people have matched. He?s a legendary guitar player who gets tons of respect of fans and critics in the instrumental genre and far beyond. The albums and the praises are all there. He achieved all of this by relying on nothing more then his own talents and creativity and that?s something that can?t be said for any other member of GNR in the past and certainly not the present. All people of which the succeses in their lives are mainly mentioned in the context of GNR. Buckethead's up there at the absolute top, with those who are expected to lift the guitar successfully into the 21st century and there?s not a thing you and that vacuum you optimistically refer to as your mind, could do about it.

You know nothing on guitar players or music in general and have proven this time and time again with every ignorance driven post you have planted on this forum. You claiming Buckethead being a nobody in the past, present or the future sounds just as convincing as hearing Stevie Wonder elaborate on Rembrant?s use of colors in the Nightwatch. Do us all, and especially yourself, a huge favor and start living by your own words:

I just don't want to loose time debating about Buckethead. He doesn't interested me, I don't want to waste time discussing about him.

You are making an absolute fool out of yourself with your obsessive compulsive approach in forcing every discussion into a Buckethead-bashing, only to flee from it (like a coward) when things start to look grim (using statements like the one above).

-PEACE-

Ps. To any mod tempted to remove this:

Ever heard of action and reaction? Some people around here aren?t living by their word as well ? and it's very disappointing to see how little problems they are experiencing doing so, where other people's posts are axed a whole lot quicker.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 05:55:47 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

RichardNixon
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2006, 05:50:01 PM »

The first show is in a week and two days and we still don't know who is playing 3rd guitar? You'd think there would be a leak by now. I wish Scooter Libby or karl Rove worked for the GN'R camp.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »

The first show is in a week and two days and we still don't know who is playing 3rd guitar? You'd think there would be a leak by now. I wish Scooter Libby or karl Rove worked for the GN'R camp.

well, maybe cause there isn't a third guitarist? Or maybe cause it's a surprise? Two options, choose one.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2006, 06:34:40 PM »

Bitter enemies, Mr. I?

I never thought Bucket could have an enemy; he is such a gentle person.

Quote was from a tech of his.... it seemed he was very sure of the situation. The tech also said "the work buckethead did for that album was amazing, I wonder if that idiot Axl is going to use.." etc... he seemed to be very anti-axl and I went along with it just to see how much I could get out of him. I acted like I was tottaly on B.H's side.

You claiming Buckethead was unknown before Guns N Roses is one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen on this board. The guy has always had a huge cult following, I'll grant you he wasn't as well known before.. but he definitely had a solid fan base. Secondly, yes the guy did say that, he also said that Axl would have Buckethead lay like 2-3 different solos for the same part of each song, and Bucket got tired of all the work/scheduling.. etc... let me make it clear that this was just BH's sound tech though.. and he sounded very anti-axl.. I just went along with him as that seemed the best way for me to get the most info I could. Lastly, you're entitled to your own opinion of how Bh's parts sound on the demos... I like them.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2006, 01:18:23 PM »

*Buckethead* - *Game of Death* - *FREE MP3*
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: