Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:06:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R played last night an acoustic show at Plum in New York on W 14th
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R played last night an acoustic show at Plum in New York on W 14th  (Read 66004 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »

he was sweating like a dog, or tommy drink spilled on him hihi

damn he is sweating pretty bad. thats the price you pay for rocking hard  smoking

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2006, 01:18:28 PM »

so basically GNR played 5 shows in 7 days and rocked out every show.? No fucking way the hype was this big in 01 and 02, and the performances certaintly werent as good.? GNR might be back for a while, I cant wait for the NA tour hopefully in the fall.? These 5 shows left the hates eating their words.? I can't recall the last time people were like "all I heard was how awesome the shows are" blah blah blah....? I can see the DVD title right now Guns n' Roses Live at Hammerstein.? Im still pumped from the shows earlier this week !!!

totally agree with you. this time around gn'r wil fucking rock. i'm trying to bury 2002 in the back of my head  Tongue it was a depressing year for gnr fans.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2006, 01:27:19 PM »

you met buckethead in starbucks??? whoa, that is nuts.? what did he look like in there???

I'm still recovering from last night... I'm so lucky to have met some of the amazing people that work behind-the-scenes in this band. They're the nicest, coolest people and I'm really forever grateful to some of them for making last night the greatest night of my life. It makes spending my savings account on tickets for 4 shows, waiting in line for hours and hours to get a front row spot each night, and waiting even more hours by the stage door afterwards more than worth it.
I'm not going to talk much about last night - just that I was able to hang out in the band's private room at the club, was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point, saw the greatest acoustic performance known to man, and had more fun than I thought was physically possible.
I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words.? I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience. dreams can come true, guys. All you need is a little patience.? Wink
I am so happy for you Jenna ! Being so petite I was terrified of being on the floor, I would have been crushed In Vegas if this big guy hadn't protected me. And I was too shy to hang out at the stage door! I know how you feel though, I will always cherish my memory of meeting Buckethead at the Starbuck's in Las Vegas when he had his friend chase me down the hall to give Axl my gift!
I don't think Jarmo wants us to say what Buckethead looks like but I thought he was cute!

How did you recognize him? Tell us more about this!? beer

shit happens when you party naked
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2006, 03:08:16 PM »

Does anyone else think it was a little wierd that Brain wasn't there? Especially after the "nightrain" incident from that last hammerstien show?? (by the way, how exactly did he fuck up the intro to make Axl tell him to stop?? any info is appriciated Huh

I haven't heard anything about this. Anyone?

Alright, I think it had to do with Kid Rock coming out. They started 'Nightrain' and it sounded great, then Axl said "Stop it! Stop it!" and they stopped, Robin took his guitar off (I think he had the wrong one on). But I thought "Oh fuck!" Then Axl said something like "Now you can see we're Guns N' Roses" and Tommy (I think) said "Yeah, this ain't no Britney Spears bullshit!", but I didn't hear a mistake. So they started again, played the intro, sang the "Loaded like a freight train. etc.) part, Axl said "One more time!", they sang it again, then he said "Ladies and gentlemen, Kid Rock!", so I think it was a joke or something. I dunno.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
fito_gnr
Headliner

« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »

I've been coming to this site to read all the rumors, news, etc. for the past 8 years, and this is my first post, I can't believe that now almost all the rumors are coming to be true.
I LOVE GUNS N ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

?it?s a fire you can?t stop it?s ROCK N?ROLL?
Annie
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »

you met buckethead in starbucks??? whoa, that is nuts.? what did he look like in there???

I'm still recovering from last night... I'm so lucky to have met some of the amazing people that work behind-the-scenes in this band. They're the nicest, coolest people and I'm really forever grateful to some of them for making last night the greatest night of my life. It makes spending my savings account on tickets for 4 shows, waiting in line for hours and hours to get a front row spot each night, and waiting even more hours by the stage door afterwards more than worth it.
I'm not going to talk much about last night - just that I was able to hang out in the band's private room at the club, was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point, saw the greatest acoustic performance known to man, and had more fun than I thought was physically possible.
I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words.? I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience. dreams can come true, guys. All you need is a little patience.? Wink
I am so happy for you Jenna ! Being so petite I was terrified of being on the floor, I would have been crushed In Vegas if this big guy hadn't protected me. And I was too shy to hang out at the stage door! I know how you feel though, I will always cherish my memory of meeting Buckethead at the Starbuck's in Las Vegas when he had his friend chase me down the hall to give Axl my gift!
I don't think Jarmo wants us to say what Buckethead looks like but I thought he was cute!

How did you recognize him? Tell us more about this!? beer
To fully appreciate this story you need to understand that I am a rather naive person and THE ABSOLUTE ANTITHESIS OF A GROUPIE! 4 ?years ago I attended the GNR concert at the Joint In Las Vegas. In the past i have met alot of theater actors after the show to get their autograph and I had never attnded a concert of a serious rock group like GNR. Anyway I have been in love with Axl ever since I saw the November Rain video. I brought a spritually themed gift to give to Axl that basically said that he was the BEeethoven of Rock music. I approached a few people about giving the gift to him and they all refused. One of them, the band photographer Robert John was so mean to me that I almost burst into tears. I even said, "I'm not some bimbo that just wants to sleep with him" Anyway I was able to be up in front right in front of Buckethead. I noticed that Buckethead was looking at me through the mask. I also made the mistake of asking one of the roadies about the gift because he was mean too. I had a great time at the concert and at the end I think I met one of the mangers possibly Doug Goldstein, he was very nice ?but said that he didn't think that he could give Axl a wrapped gift. He told me to wait a minute but then Robert John came back and yelled at me again and I left. The next day I was eating breakfast and when I left the restaurant I saw Robert John, and I was afraid that he was going to yell at me again. I was fighting back the tears and I started to run down the hall to get away from him. ?I ran past Starbuck's and this cute guy in the window smiled at me. A few seconds later a girl came chasing after me and she said, "EXCUSE ME, YOU WERE THE ONE WITH THE PRESENT FOR AXL, YOU WERE STANDING IN THE FRONT ROW. I'M FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE IN THE BAND AND HE WILL GIVE IT TO HIM'. I thanked the cute guy and said that I had to get it out of my luggage. I came back and handed the gift to him and I said "THANKYOU, WHICH GUY ARE YOU?" And he said "I"M BUCKETHEAD". I asked him why he wore the mask and he said that he was just shy. I asked when the albumn was coing out and he said, "I DON"T KNOW, I'M TAKING THINGS ONE DAY AT A TIME.I then asked if I could give him a hug and he let me. I will never forgive myself for saying, "YOU ARE JUST AS GOOD AS SLASH!" I know that it was him because I have seen pictures of him on the internet and i wrote to him and he wrote back When I go to his solo shows in Chicago he always hands me a toy and he holds onto it until I get it, even when people are trying to tackle me for it. I once asked a psychic how he knew about the gift, ?and she said that he was friends with the roadie who told  him that" THAT STUPID BITCH WANTED ME TO GIVE A PRESENT TO AXL FOR HER". I will be eternally grateful to Buckethead for his kindness and will always remain his fan. beer
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »

wow nice story   ok

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2006, 07:41:49 PM »

That's awesome, I've always thought Buckethead was a good guy, some people just don't understand him... fucking awesome that he gave Axl your gift... great story. ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2006, 07:42:09 PM »

I will be eternally grateful to Buckethead for his kindness and will always remain his fan.

Buckethead is a gentle and sweet individual. thanks for sharing this story. One day, I hope we hear what happened to prompt so many rude comments from Tommy and others in the band about this guy.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2006, 08:00:08 PM »

One day, I hope we hear what happened to prompt so many rude comments from Tommy and others in the band about this guy.
Uh...jealousy? Its obvious going by these demos that BH was kicking the most ass in the studio. He is the highlight on each song he plays on. Tommy's contributions on what we have heard so far are pretty much irrelevant.

SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »

They aren't making any covers of Megadeth's "Peace Sells". Bass isn't featured prominently. But without Tommy nobody here would know about Buckethead because this band never would've done ANYTHING.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2006, 08:15:20 PM »

But without Tommy nobody here would know about Buckethead because this band never would've done ANYTHING.
What are you talking about?? Do we have a blind Stinson worshipper in the house? hihi

No one ever said GNR was remaking 'Peace Sells..".

estranged.1098
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

One day, I hope we hear what happened to prompt so many rude comments from Tommy and others in the band about this guy.
Uh...jealousy? Its obvious going by these demos that BH was kicking the most ass in the studio. He is the highlight on each song he plays on.

How come? For example, Robin wrote "Better". To say Buckethead is the highlight of the song because of the few "special effects" he adds is a bit too much. Same for Blues (Robin lead), Chinese Democracy (Robin lead), IRS (Robin lead with one BH solo) and TWAT (same as IRS).
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2006, 08:20:47 PM »

Uh...jealousy? Its obvious going by these demos that BH was kicking the most ass in the studio. He is the highlight on each song he plays on.

How come? For example, Robin wrote "Better". To say Buckethead is the highlight of the song because of the few "special effects" he adds is a bit too much. Same for Blues (Robin lead), Chinese Democracy (Robin lead), IRS (Robin lead with one BH solo) and TWAT (same as IRS).

Where were you during the leak craze raving on Finck? Bh got the most positive response on these demos. Not Robin. I'm not saying Robin sucks on the songs, but its a fact that BH was the highlight. Everyone but Nesquick said it time after time in thread after thread. Where's the rave on Stinson's contributions thread? During the past few months, NOBODY ever mentioned the quality of what he did. Finck got some kudos(deservedly), but you cant deny the impact of BH. I know alot of you BH haters like to try, but its an impossible mission.

estranged.1098
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2006, 08:31:10 PM »

Where were you during the leak craze raving on Finck? Bh got the most positive response on these demos. Not Robin. I'm not saying Robin sucks on the songs, but its a fact that BH was the highlight. Everyone but Nesquick said it time after time in thread after thread. Where's the rave on Stinson's contributions thread? During the past few months, NOBODY ever mentioned the quality of what he did. Finck got some kudos(deservedly), but you cant deny the impact of BH. I know alot of you BH haters like to try, but its an impossible mission.

During the leaks I was here as always, and I was happy not only with Robin's work but with the whole band (and Brian May Smiley).

I'm not a Buckethead hater, in fact I love him and I'm sad he decided to quit Guns N' Roses. However, if you check who's playing what you'll see it's Robin that plays lead most of the time on the new songs, not Bucket. I assume you've downloaded the 100MB video from Friday night?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2006, 08:49:59 PM »

During the leaks I was here as always, and I was happy not only with Robin's work but with the whole band (and Brian May Smiley).

I'm not a Buckethead hater, in fact I love him and I'm sad he decided to quit Guns N' Roses. However, if you check who's playing what you'll see it's Robin that plays lead most of the time on the new songs, not Bucket. I assume you've downloaded the 100MB video from Friday night?
At what point did I say BH plays all the lead?? I would like you to dig up a post where I said that. The fact that he isn't playing "most of the lead" but is being raved on more than anyone else in the band only proves my point even further. you can rave on Finck all you want. But trying to belittle BH's contributions to raise up Finck's is ridiculous. Just go climb Mount Everest. It will be a much easier task than trying to take BH down a level.

We are way off topic. If you want to continue this debate, go create a thread dealing with each member's contributions to CD. ok

estranged.1098
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2006, 11:12:28 PM »

At what point did I say you said that? Damn you love to put words in other peoples mouths. And I don't dig posts, there are better things to do.

I guess I just haven't been reading the same forums as you when you say Buckethead has been getting the most praise, specially considering most people love the new songs and Robin is responsible for most of the guitar work on them. It's simple logic from this point...

Oh, you can take up on your offer to continue this elsewhere if you want.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »

I assume you've downloaded the 100MB video from Friday night?

No...!
Can you post the link please?
estranged.1098
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2006, 11:28:21 PM »

I assume you've downloaded the 100MB video from Friday night?

No...!
Can you post the link please?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30210.20
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2006, 11:31:46 PM »

I guess I just haven't been reading the same forums as you when you say Buckethead has been getting the most praise, specially considering most people love the new songs and Robin is responsible for most of the guitar work on them. It's simple logic from this point...
Go read the all the threads in this section in the 2 months since the leaks happened. Do your own personal Finck BH poll. Tally the votes. BH wins by a Mt. Everest sized landslide.

Step away from your Finck poster for a minute. Claiming Finck did "most of the guitar work" is ludicrous. There have been 4 guitarists in GNR over the past 6 years. You are in fantasy land if you think BH, Huge, and Fortus did nothing while Finck did "most".

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: