Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R played last night an acoustic show at Plum in New York on W 14th
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R played last night an acoustic show at Plum in New York on W 14th  (Read 66371 times)
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »

was it a van halen song? I know they played a non-gnr song, but I was fighting the crowd at the time, so I wasn't sure what it was. And that's probably sweat, it was hot as hell in there!!

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2006, 06:21:09 PM »

How about the third and fourth?

I recognized November Rain and Patience...but then again...very hard to recognize. Grin

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »

He also mentioned some james Brown. If I heard it correctly.

is funny that we cant never see pittman in any pic!  Grin
we dont have a good pic of him!

That's what I've been thinking.  Undecided Maybe he's camera shy in the extreme.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »

That's the only clear shot of Chris I know: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/groupe/galerie.php?path=/chris

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2006, 06:42:28 PM »

so basically GNR played 5 shows in 7 days and rocked out every show.  No fucking way the hype was this big in 01 and 02, and the performances certaintly werent as good.  GNR might be back for a while, I cant wait for the NA tour hopefully in the fall.  These 5 shows left the hates eating their words.  I can't recall the last time people were like "all I heard was how awesome the shows are" blah blah blah....  I can see the DVD title right now Guns n' Roses Live at Hammerstein.  Im still pumped from the shows earlier this week !!!

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2006, 06:45:23 PM »

so basically GNR played 5 shows in 7 days and rocked out every show.  No fucking way the hype was this big in 01 and 02, and the performances certaintly werent as good.  GNR might be back for a while, I cant wait for the NA tour hopefully in the fall.  These 5 shows left the hates eating their words.  I can't recall the last time people were like "all I heard was how awesome the shows are" blah blah blah....  I can see the DVD title right now Guns n' Roses Live at Hammerstein.  Im still pumped from the shows earlier this week !!!

Even my DAD told me how he heard that the shows were great.  My dad watches nothing but the news and the history channel.  How the hell he could describe how Axl looked and how good they sounded is beyond me.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 06:48:27 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2006, 06:51:22 PM »

yeah it was amazing how good that band was, no disrespect to the original group, but this current line up will kick alot of ass if they keep playing like that, even the new material sounded 100x better then it did in 02. these guys are for real

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2006, 06:52:43 PM »

Even my DAD told me how he heard that the shows were great.? My dad watches nothing but the news and the history channel.? How the hell he could describe how Axl looked and how good they sounded is beyond me.
I hardly ever watch tv anymore, but a relative told me how the NY shows were even getting coverage on CNN. Not breaking news or anything, but there were a few segments, and GNR info scrolled at the bottom of the screen ocassionally.

Annie
« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2006, 07:12:07 PM »

I'm still recovering from last night... I'm so lucky to have met some of the amazing people that work behind-the-scenes in this band. They're the nicest, coolest people and I'm really forever grateful to some of them for making last night the greatest night of my life. It makes spending my savings account on tickets for 4 shows, waiting in line for hours and hours to get a front row spot each night, and waiting even more hours by the stage door afterwards more than worth it.
I'm not going to talk much about last night - just that I was able to hang out in the band's private room at the club, was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point, saw the greatest acoustic performance known to man, and had more fun than I thought was physically possible.
I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words. ?I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience. dreams can come true, guys. All you need is a little patience. ?Wink
I am so happy for you Jenna ! Being so petite I was terrified of being on the floor, I would have been crushed In Vegas if this big guy hadn't protected me. And I was too shy to hang out at the stage door! I know how you feel though, I will always cherish my memory of meeting Buckethead at the Starbuck's in Las Vegas when he had his friend chase me down the hall to give Axl my gift!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 07:16:34 PM by Annie » Logged
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2006, 07:12:45 PM »

was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point,

Okay, you have to tell us this much, what were you dancing to?  That must have been surreal!
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2006, 07:18:12 PM »

How about the third and fourth?

I recognized November Rain and Patience...but then again...very hard to recognize. Grin

i think the last clip is used to love her. axl seems to have a tamborine in his hand.

now you know me better
badapple81
« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2006, 11:28:43 PM »

Does anyone else think it was a little wierd that Brain wasn't there? Especially after the "nightrain" incident from that last hammerstien show?? (by the way, how exactly did he fuck up the intro to make Axl tell him to stop?? any info is appriciated Huh

I haven't heard anything about this. Anyone?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2006, 11:36:24 PM »

you met buckethead in starbucks??? whoa, that is nuts.  what did he look like in there???

I'm still recovering from last night... I'm so lucky to have met some of the amazing people that work behind-the-scenes in this band. They're the nicest, coolest people and I'm really forever grateful to some of them for making last night the greatest night of my life. It makes spending my savings account on tickets for 4 shows, waiting in line for hours and hours to get a front row spot each night, and waiting even more hours by the stage door afterwards more than worth it.
I'm not going to talk much about last night - just that I was able to hang out in the band's private room at the club, was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point, saw the greatest acoustic performance known to man, and had more fun than I thought was physically possible.
I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words.  I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience. dreams can come true, guys. All you need is a little patience.  Wink
I am so happy for you Jenna ! Being so petite I was terrified of being on the floor, I would have been crushed In Vegas if this big guy hadn't protected me. And I was too shy to hang out at the stage door! I know how you feel though, I will always cherish my memory of meeting Buckethead at the Starbuck's in Las Vegas when he had his friend chase me down the hall to give Axl my gift!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: May 20, 2006, 06:01:17 AM »

was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point,

Okay, you have to tell us this much, what were you dancing to?? That must have been surreal!
oldies! I vaguely remember hearing Aretha Franklin... Honestly, it's kind of a blur, he was there for a couple songs.... I remember there was a really small group of us dancing, maybe 5 people, and suddenly he was in the middle of the group, he was dancing with some other people and then somehow the group kinda split apart and he ended up in front of me and we were dancing for a while.
Surreal doesn't even begin to explain it. The man can sure move! Grin? Afterwards I was standing around grinning like an idiot and someone came over and said "You looked like you were having fun dancing with Axl" and I was like "Say that again a couple times... I just love the way it sounds!" hihi
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:30:51 AM by JennaSide » Logged

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #294 on: May 20, 2006, 06:15:45 AM »

Excuse my ignorance...who is Rosario Dawson?

Here today...ready to rock
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: May 20, 2006, 06:58:32 AM »

^ an actress  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0206257/

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #296 on: May 20, 2006, 07:12:04 AM »

Ah thanks, I haven't watched Sin City yet which is probably why I don't recognise her

Here today...ready to rock
badapple81
« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2006, 08:03:37 AM »

I just realised... I think Axl's going for the Jon Bon Jovi look hihi

That suits him much better than the 50 cent look he had on the 2002 tour.

DazRose01 - I was thinking that too! Jon has the same brown jacket lol
badapple81
« Reply #298 on: May 20, 2006, 08:13:03 AM »

Jennaside that's amazing that you experienced this! Looking forward to hearing more!

How did you get into this thing? Are you in any of the pics?
Annie
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2006, 10:03:09 AM »

you met buckethead in starbucks??? whoa, that is nuts.? what did he look like in there???

I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words.? I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience. dreams can come true, guys. All you need is a little patience.? Wink
I don't think Jarmo wants us to say what Buckethead looks like but I thought he was cute!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: