Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 69296 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2006, 10:54:39 PM »

My post was mainly directed at the band for the silence breeding discontent. I really haven't read a post as direct the way yours was (christos), not saying there haven't been, I've only seen short, vague messages. edit: the post about a certain picture we're not allowed to talk about was pretty direct  hihi.

The silence of band and management has caused a lot of negativety, some of which is legit.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 11:11:38 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2006, 11:39:15 PM »

This is my first post. I have been a GNR fan since 1990 and I have read this board since 2001. I think it is very important that Axl and his closest people had sent a message to this site. I want to express my support to Axl. I hate to read those posts of people judging Axl. I think that Axl music has always been against people judging him. I love Axl for the way he transmits feeling through his songs and I am very excited because he is singing again, doing concerts and I want to hear the CD album soon, but I have never felt that anybody have the right of demanding him to release the album. I think that it is very stupid that people come to a fan board to bitch and complain about anything Axl does. Being fan of somebody is loving this person. I really admire the way Jarmo has conducted this site. I think that a fan board must be a site for talking about your favourite artists, their songs and I think it is not a site for everybody telling Axl how he must do things. Axl music is not an public opinion issue. He acts the way he thinks he must act and we are his fans because in some aspects we agree with his message and because through the years we have loved him. I have my husband, work and personal life and I never loss my time sending negative energy to a band or to a person that I do not like. For people that do not like Axl please go to post on another board.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2006, 11:44:39 PM »

^ Very nice post, clau68!  I agree with you on all points and I too am very happy that Axl/GNR have sent a message to HTGTH (a part of which I just noticed is now on GNR's official web site).
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2006, 12:00:08 AM »

Thanks Axl/Merck

gnrevolution.com
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2006, 12:01:10 AM »

I liked how they posted that on their site, too.

But I wish that video would have been posted as it said, and... that article.

OH, anyone notice anything ?funny about that picture? ?People are silly about airbrushing.

I am glad that they took some preventitive measures by cancelling before the AOJ got into things when it was showtime causing a REAL problem for everyone! ?Firemarshalls can be testy... and well, sometimes rightfully so. ?At least no one got hurt - by fire, or by riot!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2006, 12:31:19 AM »

@JimMorrison4: did you even read the review AG is talking about?

it was from WAR41 if i remember correctly. he said the show was shit, but one of his highlights was, when him and his friends spoiled the concert for another fan, who happened to like the show no

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2006, 01:01:09 AM »

I didn't get to see it before it was deleted. I just had to go by the quotes.

Even if the guy is an immature jackass (just speculating based on what you said), his opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2006, 04:01:46 AM »

This is my first post. I have been a GNR fan since 1990 and I have read this board since 2001. I think it is very important that Axl and his closest people had sent a message to this site. I want to express my support to Axl. I hate to read those posts of people judging Axl. I think that Axl music has always been against people judging him. I love Axl for the way he transmits feeling through his songs and I am very excited because he is singing again, doing concerts and I want to hear the CD album soon, but I have never felt that anybody have the right of demanding him to release the album. I think that it is very stupid that people come to a fan board to bitch and complain about anything Axl does. Being fan of somebody is loving this person. I really admire the way Jarmo has conducted this site. I think that a fan board must be a site for talking about your favourite artists, their songs and I think it is not a site for everybody telling Axl how he must do things. Axl music is not an public opinion issue. He acts the way he thinks he must act and we are his fans because in some aspects we agree with his message and because through the years we have loved him. I have my husband, work and personal life and I never loss my time sending negative energy to a band or to a person that I do not like. For people that do not like Axl please go to post on another board.

Axl RULES!!!!!
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2006, 04:28:32 AM »

I agree that it was important to put the GN'R camps version of events to stop the negative media the cancelled show was attracting, it shows that they care. However, there are still so many unanswered questions.
As Axl and Merck have taken the time to answer this subject, to simply add another paragraph to quell the negative vibe that CD wont hit the stores this year surely wouldnt have been too much to ask.

Keep em under your wheels.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #309 on: November 09, 2006, 09:33:08 AM »

Just wanted to make sure that there's no confusion about this.

We've gotten messages from Beta, Merck and Axl about this now, there's no need to turn this into a "why won't they talk about this and that instead?" thread.

Anybody who even thinks about writing something negative in this thread questioning the message, please logout now and don't come back.

You obviously don't believe what people in and around the band say, so there's no need to stick around here with that attitude. You better get find your GN'R news somewhere else.

/jarmo

I've never said that I don't believe the band - my posts(which are now deleted) are merely suggesting that deletion of that kind of info is exactly what makes things harder to believe. I can't help being curious and looking for more info, but that is mostly because I'm looking for more material to vindicate the band. As you probably realize, most fans of this band don't frequent this site, and I can tell you that the people who don't get to see messages like the one here are pissed off because they believe what they're being told by the local media. There's a lot of negativity about the band in Portland right now.

So yes - I appreciate open discussion about the subject, because I want to be able to justifiably object when people try to put all of this on Axl.

If that's a problem, and you want me to log out, and not come back, just say the word. I'm just about over the excitement of being told I'm not a "true fan" of this band. ?Roll Eyes
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: November 09, 2006, 09:51:43 AM »

This is the stupidest fucking thing i've ever heard, makes no sense, and it's OBVIOUS they are lying.

I don't think that they are lying.? In fact, I think it's consistent with what the band has been saying.? The "no-alcohol" on stage thing was just the last straw of a whole afternoon of the arguing and negotiating over other things, including pyro, smoking and drinking in the building.? I think there is a sensible way to reconcile both points of view here without either party being a "liar."? The fire marshals thought they were imposing reasonable restrictions that every other band has agreed to.? The band thought that the fire marshals were imposing unreasonable, petty restrictions that were not imposed on other artists.?

I can see both sides here, but ultimately agree that GnR had every right to say, "you know, we are not going to play under these conditions."? I think it was just a bad interaction of pretty zealous (not necessarily "over" zealous) fire marshals meeting with a band that is pretty zealous (not necessarily "over zealous") about protecting its freedoms and right to do things it way.

Again, as I hear all the data, it really doesn't sound like anyone is "lying" or maybe even that there is a clear-cut someone to "blame."? Instead, like most complicated things in life, it's an interaction and it turns out that Portland authorities are not a good mix with GnR management.? That's fine with me -- I don't need to find a "bad guy."? I now understand why the band cancelled, and think it was reasonable, but I can also understand -- maybe not agree -- with the Portland authorities take on the issue.

I really hope the moderators won't delete these posts because this can be an example of a reasonable dialogue, hopefully where nobody is flaming anybody, which is what these boards are all about.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:54:41 AM by veritas55 » Logged
guns_n_motley
« Reply #311 on: November 09, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »

who cares anymore, the show last night went off without a hitch, the tour isng "breaking down" like so many of you said...

this is more proof that chinese democracy is coming out..
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2006, 09:59:50 AM »

This is the stupidest fucking thing i've ever heard, makes no sense, and it's OBVIOUS they are lying.

I don't think that they are lying.? In fact, I think it's consistent with what the band has been saying.? The "no-alcohol" on stage thing was just the last straw of a whole afternoon of the arguing and negotiating over other things, including pyro, smoking and drinking in the building.? I think there is a sensible way to reconcile both points of view here without either party being a "liar."? The fire marshals thought they were imposing reasonable restrictions that every other band has agreed to.? The band thought that the fire marshals were imposing unreasonable, petty restrictions that were not imposed on other artists.?

I can see both sides here, but ultimately agree that GnR had every right to say, "you know, we are not going to play under these conditions."? I think it was just a bad interaction of pretty zealous (not necessarily "over" zealous) fire marshals meeting with a band that is pretty zealous (not necessarily "over zealous") about protecting its freedoms and right to do things it way.

Again, as I hear all the data, it really doesn't sound like anyone is "lying" or maybe even that there is a clear-cut someone to "blame."? Instead, like most complicated things in life, it's an interaction and it turns out that Portland authorities are not a good mix with GnR management.? That's fine with me -- I don't need to find a "bad guy."? I now understand why the band cancelled, and think it was reasonable, but I can also understand -- maybe not agree -- with the Portland authorities take on the issue.

I really hope the moderators won't delete these posts because this can be an example of a reasonable dialogue, hopefully where nobody is flaming anybody, which is what these boards are all about.

Nice post. I agree with all of your points.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #313 on: November 09, 2006, 10:02:56 AM »

That message was fantastic and makes everything 100 percent great now.

Thats all we ask for,  just a simple official update every once in awhile.

I personally dont think that is too much to ask.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #314 on: November 09, 2006, 10:03:03 AM »

Even if the guy is an immature jackass (just speculating based on what you said), his opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

Sometimes, opinions,
Like cultures, are more VALID
Than others. ?Just truth.

An opinion based
On incorrect research is
An invalid one.

People have the right
(At least in Western culture)
To their opinion..

But in MY worldview
Don't FORM one without research!!!
(Just my opinion.. Grin)

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #315 on: November 09, 2006, 11:52:09 AM »

?Oh, and in regards to the post that said that people don't come here just to slag the band...I know one personally, or did. ?It's truely the ONLY reason he ever posts here. ?He wants to see a train wreck. ?I don't like when people do that at all.

? ?Well I'm fairly confident that you are speaking about me. So let me clear your confusion up. I do not come here because I want to see a train wreck. You are crazy to even make such a statement. I come here to give an honest opinion of what I think. I do not want to see the band fail. I have always liked the band and hope they do well. However I am not an ass kisser who will eat the dirt that Axl stands on. If he fucks up I do not come on here with a bunch of cute smiley emoticons supporting him. You are basically a groupie who will never find any fault in the band no matter what they do. Axl could go on a killing spree tomorrow and you would stick up for him and say he must have had a good reason to do it. There are honest fans and then there are delusional fans. It's quite clear by your posts which one you are.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #316 on: November 09, 2006, 02:04:51 PM »

I never lost faith, but sometimes it gets difficult to justify everything to everyone you try to defend GnR to. ?It's fucking amazing to have some back up from the actual band and their management. ?

I love how close the band seem to be to their fans now. ?For the longest time, to me, GnR were the biggest thing to me yet seemed so far away. ?Now, I feel like the fans are part of the GnR family in a way that I'm not sure I remember them being before. ?I love it.

I'd love a release date even more, like Wink ?
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2006, 02:34:32 PM »

Anyone heard the interview of Eddie Trunk with Sebastian Bach and Axl...?

Search Eddie Trunk on google and you can find it. Really hilarious.

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #318 on: November 10, 2006, 11:23:59 AM »

http://www.93x.com/blog.asp?id=304224&SBID=4444

Check it out, direct link to this thread. (I swear - I had nothing to do with it *acts casual*)

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »

Can you see now why sometimes we're trying to help as much as we can?

People are watching these forums for any news they might find.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: