Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Myspace
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Myspace  (Read 70365 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #260 on: August 27, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »

So um, has today's bulletin been mentioned yet?
yes but you didn't say shit about it so now i have to log onto myspace   Roll Eyes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #261 on: August 27, 2009, 05:57:45 PM »

Here's the bulletin:

Aug 27, 2009 1:06 PM
Subject:    Hello Everyone

Body:    On Sunday, August 30th at 2 p.m., there will be a book signing for Dark Delicacies III: Haunted (hardback $26.95 and trade paperback $15.95) with editors Jeff Gelb & Del Howison, plus authors Del James, Heather Graham, Michael Boatman, Mick Garris, R. C. Matheson, Victor Salva, Eric Red, Maria Alexander, and others to be announced. Dark Delicacies III: Haunted features contributions from Kevin J. Anderson, Clive Barker, Richard Christian Matheson, David Morrell, and Chuck Palahniuk, and many other great writers.

Dark Delicacies
4213 W. Burbank
Burbank, CA 91505
1-888-DARKDEL or 1-818-556-6660
www.darkdel.com

And for those of you who still need a copy of The Language Of Fear, Dark Delicacies has a few signed copies. Below is a link to a Times.com article about memorabilia/collectibles where The Language of Fear is mentioned:

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1918156,00.html

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »

Last Login: Aug, 27

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »

Here's the bulletin:

Aug 27, 2009 1:06 PM
Subject:    Hello Everyone

Body:    On Sunday, August 30th at 2 p.m., there will be a book signing for Dark Delicacies III: Haunted (hardback $26.95 and trade paperback $15.95) with editors Jeff Gelb & Del Howison, plus authors Del James, Heather Graham, Michael Boatman, Mick Garris, R. C. Matheson, Victor Salva, Eric Red, Maria Alexander, and others to be announced. Dark Delicacies III: Haunted features contributions from Kevin J. Anderson, Clive Barker, Richard Christian Matheson, David Morrell, and Chuck Palahniuk, and many other great writers.

Dark Delicacies
4213 W. Burbank
Burbank, CA 91505
1-888-DARKDEL or 1-818-556-6660
www.darkdel.com

And for those of you who still need a copy of The Language Of Fear, Dark Delicacies has a few signed copies. Below is a link to a Times.com article about memorabilia/collectibles where The Language of Fear is mentioned:

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1918156,00.html

Wow at this point i really care about some crappy del james book, what a waste of a fucking update  Roll Eyes  rant

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »

Wow at this point i really care about some crappy del james book, what a waste of a fucking update  Roll Eyes  rant

And we don't care about you not caring.

What a waste of time to post that!  Tongue

You don't seem to realize that not all updates are aimed personally at you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »

/jarmo

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's gonna feel this way....

It would be one thing if they posted what was going on in GNR, or even if they plugged everything every member of the band is up to... But for Del James, a freind of axl, not even a member gets an update...Spare me
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2009, 03:21:58 PM »

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's gonna feel this way....
Na, your not alone

Afterall we are GNR fans looking on a GNR myspace page. Sites like that are generally geared toward people who have interest in their music, etc.

I could have  sworn he requested that there be no gnr questions...I hope not
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:34:53 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2009, 04:08:22 PM »

/jarmo

The dude is right. GNR's Myspace bulletins and messages should be about the band, its members or (if necessary) about advertising their own (band-) products. I don't wanna go there (or even open my mailbox for that matter) and read about something that has nothing to do with GNR or even music related stuff at all.
So I care about what the guy said and I know you ain't talking for me so take the "we" outta your first sentence and shove it! As for the rest of your statement...you know where to put it by now Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2009, 04:11:48 PM »

Boohoo!

Cry

If you fail to realize that there are GN'R fans who are interested in his writings, you're just being ignorant or just plain stupid.

Don't bother pointing out every news bulletin that doesn't interest you. Nobody gives a fuck in the long run.

It's common sense.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:16:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »

I've said it for years

I am a fan of the band "Guns N Roses"

I don't give a shit about side projects or stuff like this

I saw a GNR bulletin and got excited, opened it and WOW, are they seriously using GNR for their own publicity?

I think its ridiculous. People talk shit about Slash and co using GNR to promote their stuff.......

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »

Boohoo!

Cry

If you fail to realize that there are GN'R fans who are interested in his writings, you're just being ignorant or just plain stupid.

/jarmo

No, actually I'm not. What about using his own myspace account/website or whatever promotion-tool? If people are looking for his stuff they don't need to sign up on GNR Mailing lists to find out. I am criticizing that he is using someone else's popularity for a certain self-centered reason. And damn it, I don't wanna read about the hottest burger in town when I sign myself to the Rolling Stones newsletter. Got it? This has nothing to do with his stuff being good or bad it's just the plain fact that he is advertising himself and his stuff in an unappropriate place.

Beside from that...I guess it's only a minority of GNR fans who really care. Otherwise he'd be a millionaire by now, eh?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »

I don't understand how this can be defended. We subscribe to GNR's myspace for GNR news. That is the whole point of Myspace and sites like that.

If people are a fan of Del,they can find him on the GNR site and add him and he can use his own to promote his stuff.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2009, 04:35:47 PM »

What about using his own myspace account/website or whatever promotion-tool?

Maybe he does.  Tongue

You seem to think a band's Myspace should only be used to sell the band's products. Fair enough.

But obviously GN'R uses it for other causes as well.

It's not like Del is some total stranger to GN'R fans....

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »

True Jarmo but when we haven't had any GNR news in forever and all of a sudden u open Myspace and see "Guns N Roses' bulletin, your heart drops for a minute thinking "HOLY SHIT" could this be a tour announcement,video? Axl interview?

Then it is very disheartening to open it and realize that NOPE, just more shit that has nothing to do with Guns N Roses.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2009, 04:39:17 PM »

I appreciate Del James, I loved the writings I've read from him, and I'm always interested about him.

But the GNR.com or the MySpace site should NOT be the place to get news about him.

Anyway, I dont rule that site and there's nothing I can do about that. I know gnr ain't a burker king... yes...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »

Some bands use their web sites/Myspace pages etc. to bring attention to causes they support.

Do you think all fans of said bands care about stuff like the environment, the election or whatever else?

Seems like lately people spend more time whining about what's on Myspace than talking about the music.

/jarmo

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:10 PM »

Some bands use their web sites/Myspace pages etc. to bring attention to causes they support.

Does Del James run the "Gn'R" myspace page...?
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »

What about using his own myspace account/website or whatever promotion-tool?

Maybe he does.  Tongue

You seem to think a band's Myspace should only be used to sell the band's products. Fair enough.

But obviously GN'R uses it for other causes as well.

It's not like Del is some total stranger to GN'R fans....

/jarmo

If he does, maybe he should try a little harder?! If he's no stranger to the circus (and I agree with you that he's not) than people will find out about his stuff. But I mentioned that already. I stated that a band's myspace can -also- be used for commercial purposes. Why not? As you've seen I also mentioned some other things a band's myspace can be used for like information on the band (had that before...) or anything as long as it's about the artist. I don't wanna buy a can of Coke and find myself drinking a coffee.

I think that GNR should stop using their myspace for those causes because it obviously 'irritates' a lot of people. Basically I just wanted to show you that properbly you shouldn't mouth off so quick about things because obviously not everyone agrees with you on everything as far as Del James is concerned. Try to treat people a little more mature because actually some of them are able to think and defend their points!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2009, 05:01:33 PM »

I think that GNR should stop using their myspace for those causes because it obviously 'irritates' a lot of people. Basically I just wanted to show you that properbly you shouldn't mouth off so quick about things because obviously not everyone agrees with you on everything as far as Del James is concerned.

Oh right.

You think because there's a few people who whine about everything that the whole world sucks?

It's not that easy.

I bet the majority of people don't get so easily offended by a Myspace bulletin. They look at it and think "it's not for me...". Move on. That's it.

Try to treat people a little more mature because actually some of them are able to think and defend their points!!

It's a two way street as far as I'm concerned.

/jarmo

Dok
Headliner

« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2009, 05:17:23 PM »

I think that GNR should stop using their myspace for those causes because it obviously 'irritates' a lot of people. Basically I just wanted to show you that properbly you shouldn't mouth off so quick about things because obviously not everyone agrees with you on everything as far as Del James is concerned.

Oh right.

You think because there's a few people who whine about everything that the whole world sucks?

It's not that easy.

I bet the majority of people don't get so easily offended by a Myspace bulletin. They look at it and think "it's not for me...". Move on. That's it.

Try to treat people a little more mature because actually some of them are able to think and defend their points!!

It's a two way street as far as I'm concerned.

/jarmo

You're getting away from the original topic -> we're not talking about whining people or a world that sucks. The point was to talk about if Del James usage of GNR's myspace in order to promote his own efforts was ok or something he'd rather avoided, remember? I just expressed my opinion on that matter just as some other people have done.

Look, I tried to make my point clear and back up with arguments in order to show that you're just plain wrong on that matter. Your arguments (especially the one to begin with) make you look like a smartass and not a very charming one. Listen dude, I usually only read in here but I know that most times you behave like a prick and treat people like crap. So...I just wanted to get in an argument with you turn the tide.

Ahhhh....we'd dance the night away but enough for now because you know what arguing on the Internet is, right?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: