Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:15:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Myspace
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Myspace  (Read 70262 times)
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2009, 08:59:58 AM »

you responding to other people is that they are whiners that is all you do mate
telling people that they are whiners all the time show you don't have respect for other people opinnion

It's called disagreeing, mate.

Look, it, up.

all i am trying to say mate stop being such a uptight litle whiney bitch about other people's opnion

and lol me trying to censorship your opinion fuck off mate
that is what you do here on this board for years already

Why don't you fuck off, mate?

You're the one who had to post in this thread only to post your valuable comments regarding me.

Whiner.  Tongue

/jarmo

i do respond if people irritate me and tbh you do that
it's the way yo treat people
if you disagree with someone ya right there starting to call them whiners
GnR is just a band ( best band in the world for me  Cool ) so try to keep it  nice . there are other ways to say ya disagree with someone without being a total bitch about it every single time 

and yes i responded to with calling you names  .  but hey you get treaten how you do others

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: August 29, 2009, 09:10:30 AM »

Great.

I respond when I have something to say, either I agree or I don't.

Simple.

What way is that?

You talked to everybody I've dealt with recently?

I treat people who come to fan sites only to whine and ridicule the band one way, true fans another way.

It's quite apparent.

I don't feel like I have to go out of my way to be nice to somebody who has no respect for the band and/or this site (or what we do here).

Seems like a waste of time to me!

So? Why can't I? It's my opinion. Does my opinion bother you?

If somebody only posts when he/she can whine about something, I get that impression.

Others see that as being "real fans". I don't.

This shit happens every time. The so called real fans attack me for not allowing other opinions and then attack me for having an opinion on what they're doing!

Hilariously ironic!

GnR is just a band ( best band in the world for me  Cool ) so try to keep it  nice . there are other ways to say ya disagree with someone without being a total bitch about it every single time 

I'm so sorry for being Finnish.  Tongue

I get to the point without kissing your ass first. I guess it hurts some of your online egos......

and yes i responded to with calling you names  .  but hey you get treaten how you do others

As far as I recall, I hadn't responded to you in this thread before you started calling me names. Weird.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #302 on: August 29, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »

It's fucked up how many bands out there, regardless of how big or small they are, maintain and use a Myspace account.

Everly sigle Myspace site is nothing but one java infested, poorly laid out front page that is way too large for it's own good. They all are painfull to use and annoying to look at.   Who the hell wants to maintain or use such ?!

Gnr's Myspace looks a lot like average GNR fansite circa 1998 used to look like.
Well, you didn't have 400000 morons going "OMG THX FOR ADD NOVRAIN 4EVA1!11!" on the front page of those sites.And you didn't have stupid Java windows all over the place.

I'm not saying that Del James or some other miserable groupie they have maintaining the site has done bad job, every single Myspace site sucks ass by default.
Why so many bands maintain and release updates through Myspace and even favor it over a real home site is a huge mystery to me.

Web 2.0 is ruining the world I tells you.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:21:03 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2009, 09:20:42 AM »

Great.

I respond when I have something to say, either I agree or I don't.

Simple.

What way is that?

You talked to everybody I've dealt with recently?

I treat people who come to fan sites only to whine and ridicule the band one way, true fans another way.

It's quite apparent.

I don't feel like I have to go out of my way to be nice to somebody who has no respect for the band and/or this site (or what we do here).

Seems like a waste of time to me!

So? Why can't I? It's my opinion. Does my opinion bother you?

If somebody only posts when he/she can whine about something, I get that impression.

Others see that as being "real fans". I don't.

This shit happens every time. The so called real fans attack me for not allowing other opinions and then attack me for having an opinion on what they're doing!

Hilariously ironic!

I'm so sorry for being Finnish.  Tongue

I get to the point without kissing your ass first. I guess it hurts some of your online egos......

As far as I recall, I hadn't responded to you in this thread before you started calling me names. Weird.

/jarmo

first  : who are you to judge who is a real fan or not. you always take that as ya big defense mate . so explain me what makes  a  real fan
and try to explain why are you the on to say who is .........

second you being offending to people in this thread was the reason  for me to start to reply in this thread
so no it ain't weird.

and please mate don't have to kiss my arse that some other people like that . go ahead ..
but keep away from mine

my ego doesnt need a boost from you

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #304 on: August 29, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »

So its ok to promote Del's book when the band has activity, but not ok when they aren't?

Look, they did that before, nobody complained. It's not Del's fault if the band has nothing to say at the moment and I don't know why helping Del's book would be such a touchy subject.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #305 on: August 29, 2009, 09:23:45 AM »

....Del James or some other miserable groupie they have maintaining the site has done bad job....

hihi

Way to make a long post just to throw that insult in.  hihi You remember mister! That's a "journalist" you're talking about.  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2009, 09:24:51 AM »

guns can do with their myspace what they want

ofcourse would be more exciting to see news about the band
but hey it's their call to put on their what they want

(look jarmo ya can disagree with someone without saying they are whiners and nonfans .... )
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:26:28 AM by bushkarocks!! » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: August 29, 2009, 09:24:55 AM »

To put things in perspective:

How many seconds did it take you to read the subject of the bulletin and compute that it didn't concern you?
Because you were:
A. Not interested
B. Don't live in the area
C. Both

Also, how many of these bulletins have you been getting lately? It's not like the GN'R Myspace page is used for spamming your valuable Myspace bulletin space with non-GN'R items...

Now, think about how much time you spent on typing posts about whining about what I mentioned above.

first  : who are you to judge who is a real fan or not. you always take that as ya big defense mate . so explain me what makes  a  real fan

What is this judging shit?

I have my opinion on what a real fan means to me, you have yours.

Please tell me once again why that is a problem?

second you being offending to people in this thread was the reason  for me to start to reply in this thread
so no it ain't weird.

Maybe to me it's offending to see people whining about this when it would take way les time to read the bulletin subject, ignore it and move on!

Maybe that makes no sense to me!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »

I admit, if GNR were active it wouldn't be as big a deal. I think most people just got really excited to see a Guns N Roses bulletin *I know I did* and then  when u click it and see that, it is just another let down which leads to outrage cause u are reminded again of what could've been and probably won't be for a long time.

I don't think "U got the album, so shut up and enjoy it" excuse will last for too much longer. Bands make music and release albums...... That is their JOB so why should GNR get an extra pat on the back for something u are suppose to do?

My outrage is how a lot of u slam like Steven Adler for using GNR to promote himself but at least he contributed to one of the greatest albums of all time. So its ok for Del to use GNR to promote himself but not for a former member who actually contributed to the band's legend?

It just doesn't make sense.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2009, 09:31:19 AM »

This reminds me of all those who get upset when we remove a thread that we know isn't true.

Some are happy to spend days talking about something we know for a fact isn't true and/or we know won't happen!

Apparently some are happy to spend days talking about some little bulletin instead of doing the (in my opinion) sensible thing of looking at it, and moving on!

/jarmo

bushkarocks!!
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2009, 09:34:38 AM »

To put things in perspective:

How many seconds did it take you to read the subject of the bulletin and compute that it didn't concern you?
Because you were:
A. Not interested
B. Don't live in the area
C. Both

Also, how many of these bulletins have you been getting lately? It's not like the GN'R Myspace page is used for spamming your valuable Myspace bulletin space with non-GN'R items...

Now, think about how much time you spent on typing posts about whining about what I mentioned above.

What is this judging shit?

I have my opinion on what a real fan means to me, you have yours.

Please tell me once again why that is a problem?

so no it ain't weird.

Maybe to me it's offending to see people whining about this when it would take way les time to read the bulletin subject, ignore it and move on!

Maybe that makes no sense to me!

/jarmo

lol mate it's hard to see my point why keep babbling about the myspace thingie
i agree with you that pff let is passs  not a biggie
it's the way you respond to it and how ya call other people

and ya keep saying it's my opnion, respect it  

well do respect other people's opninion to mate.
sure ya allowed to disagree but that doens give ya the right everytime to call names and be such a litle bitch about it

last energy i put in this

go ahead response
ya finnish so Tongue  so have fun having the last word in this useless bitchfight

bushkarocks!!
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »

This reminds me of all those who get upset when we remove a thread that we know isn't true.

Some are happy to spend days talking about something we know for a fact isn't true and/or we know won't happen!

Apparently some are happy to spend days talking about some little bulletin instead of doing the (in my opinion) sensible thing of looking at it, and moving on!

/jarmo

it's good to remove a rumour when it's not true  i agree on that , but maybe it's smarter to keep it up and verify it aint true
and why keep a forum about gnr if ya don't let people say their side of the story ( even if it's useless shit )
you also could choose not to read and respond to it .
ofcourse same is for me i could have ignored your insult to others and move forward
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2009, 09:43:04 AM »

I guess it's hard to understand that I can use one single post to both respond in a general way and address your post...

sure ya allowed to disagree but that doens give ya the right everytime to call names and be such a litle bitch about it  

The only bitch is the one who disregards the clearly stated reasons for the alleged name calling.  Tongue

it's good to remove a rumour when it's not true  i agree on that , but maybe it's smarter to keep it up and verify it aint true

It depends on the case.

Sometimes you don't want to bring more attention to certain things.

and why keep a forum about gnr if ya don't let people say their side of the story ( even if it's useless shit )

Because my idea of a fan site is a place for the true fans where they can go without having to be "afraid" of being ridiculed for being "ass kissers", "nut swingers", "brainwashed" or any other "cool" insults that are used about people who are truly supportive.

Ridiculing GN'R and/or their true fans isn't the kind of behavior I associate with a fan site or fan forum.

/jarmo

bushkarocks!!
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »

man i don't call people a arsekisser if they support gnr

it's you who is calling people whiners and not a true fan
if they don't agree with you

sure mate respond with what is the problem it's only my opinion

well sure  ya right 
but ya opinion sucks donkeyballs and that's my opinion mate
and i have just like you the need to speak my opinion .
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2009, 10:00:53 AM »

man i don't call people a arsekisser if they support gnr

Sorry, didn't mean you personally. That was more of a general statement.

There seems to be a feeling among some that in order to be a fan, you need to ridicule the artist, so you're not one of those brain washed uncool fans...

That's the kind of thinking I'm against.

it's you who is calling people whiners and not a true fan
if they don't agree with you

No, I call the people who come to a fan site to whine about shit whiners.

Because that's the impression I get!

Maybe you don't agree because you see it as normal behavior.

But to me it makes very little sense.

I mean, if being a GN'R fan was that horrible, that I had to whine about it year after year, maybe I'd look for something else to do?

To me it seems like many people forget why they're GN'R fans in the first place and focus on the other stuff. No matter that they have gotten a great album to listen to, they chose to focus on Myspace bulletins... I bet nobody became a fan of GN'R because of their Myspace page? I mean, I bet most became fans because of the music.

Yet, here we are not talking about the music.....

The same goes for many other things. People choose to focus on other things. Like the lack of interviews or whatever else.

I understand that you might want to read new interviews, it makes sense. But still, the interviews aren't the most important thing. When you think about it.

/jarmo

bushkarocks!!
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »

sure i agree with you on some points jarmo

i am  fan cause of the music . love to talk about
but i also love to talk about the band  and what they are doing besides making a cd
i like to talk about why is there no tour and try to find a reason why my favourite band still ain't touring . not doing any interviews ( ok ron did some )
not saying they MUST do this . i just try to find it out with other fans. Why this is and meanwhile i am enjoying the music , watch the concerts en enjoy the vid's

and i can understand that sometimes people get frustrated bout things like this litle update . Cause nothing else is happening with their favourite band.
not saying that allows them to bash the band  ( not that i care if they do ), but certainly doesnt allow you either to go ahead and call everyone a frustrated whining non fan .

just my 2 cents

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2009, 10:24:39 AM »

Remember the old adage as long as people are talking about you good or bad u are fine, it is when they stop talking about you u have to worry?

Sure a lot of people are negative about this current state of GNR but if u have ever noticed, as soon as Axl does something, the forums take a complete 180 and everyone is on board and supportive

so really, i don't necessarily think its bad when people have negativity, cause at least they still care enough to hang around.

Of course u will always have the small percentage that complain regardless whether its the setlist,starting time or whatever... but those are the types I ignore and don't worry about. Sometimes I think Axl pays too much attention to the small percentage of haters, instead of noticing how many supporters he has.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2009, 10:32:21 AM »

The whole 180 thing is interesting. Reminds me of those who support a team when they're winning.

so really, i don't necessarily think its bad when people have negativity, cause at least they still care enough to hang around.

You don't? I'm not talking about constructive criticism because that's a completely different thing.

It's bad enough if some think the negative way is the norm. How you should be.

How about the bigger picture? Just because you have a vocal group who like to complain about things they have no control over, does that mean the majority of GN'R fans are that way? No, it doesn't.

That's the thing. Just because you have a bunch of people screaming their lungs out, doesn't mean they represent the majority. Yet, they're the ones you notice....

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »

I was talking more about the constructive Criticism types. There are some who will never be satisfied and I think they just post to fill their empty lives or whatever. Kind of like bitching about GNR takes their minds off of their miserable lives or whatever.

It is weird how negativity does seem to be more powerful than positivity.

Really though, you can substitute any sports team or just about anything else for GNR and it is the same. I have come to the conclusion that people absolutely love to complain.

U are right about the 180 Jarmo.. I've never been a fairweather or frontrunner fan with sports and I try not to be with GNR either. sometimes it is hard though.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2009, 11:36:46 AM »

the only way you become a fair weathered fan is if you jump ship on GNR when they arent doing anything and diss Axl, the band,, and CD as everyone else is doing the same. And if by chance they become "popular" again you act as if youve been there the whole time supporting.

The people on this board and the majority of the community as a whole are not fair weathered GNR fans. THey are people who have and continue to support GNR even while GNR are in another quiet period.

If GNR was a sports team in NY they would be the MEts right now. Turn on sports talk radio and tell me the people who are calling in "bashing", critiquing, etc, are fair weathered fans no

There is a huge difference between a fair weathered fan and a critical fan

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: