Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Myspace
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Myspace  (Read 70259 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »

whats the point in being negative?   are we fans or critics?   theres no reason to for it.  if you like the music, enjoy it. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2009, 12:03:09 PM »

why does younggunner enjoy being a whinny crybaby?  rofl 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »

If I am ever negative, it is just because I want Axl to be back on top again. Maybe that is selfish but I don't really care. Having Axl active and doing stuff, enriches my life and makes it less boring.

I want to see him do good and get the recognition he deserves. when he goes AWOL it just gives more ammunition to the other side and it bothers me to see him "giving up" or at least that is how it seems.

it baffles me how people can be a fan of something and not care about its success......

I am a die hard Kentucky basketball fan. We are the all time most winning program in College Basketball history. The last couple of years we have sucked and last year we didn't make the tourney so u are damn right we were pissed and negative.

Can anyone here honestly say that you don't care how good their favorite team does in a season? if your team doesn't win a game are you happy with that cause a real fan doesn't care about their team's success?

I think fan outrage in most cases leads to the team becoming better.

doesn't always work in music I guess.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:09:26 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »

it baffles me how people can be a fan of something and not care about its success......

If you want somebody to succeed, does it help to constantly whine about him/her not succeeding with what you think he/she should succeed with (even though that person might have had different goals all along)?

How does ridiculing the band and/or their fans help the band succeed?

"They only sold so many copies", "that show didn't sell out!", "that guy can't play" etc. How does that help the band succeed?

As I said, just because a few are vocal doesn't make them the majority. We have a handful of posters who were apparently annoyed by this Myspace bulletin. It seems like the rest simple didn't care enough to bother replying.

That's the silent majority that doesn't get noticed as much as the vocal minority.

But I bet the majority get noticed in other situations. Like at shows. They're the ones having a great time while the vocal minority are busy looking for things they don't like....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »

whats the point in being negative?   are we fans or critics?   theres no reason to for it.  if you like the music, enjoy it.
to a point your correct. But when things are the way they are there is reason for it.

People can enjoy the product but question the operation. Its not that difficult of a concept.

Most people here, except for a select few, can completely enjoy CD and the shows but have their questions about all the inactivity and operation as a whole.

People want to see and hear from Axl. If he was out there now, with some sort of consistency then most of the "whining" would go away.

If I am ever negative, it is just because I want Axl to be back on top again. Maybe that is selfish but I don't really care. Having Axl active and doing stuff, enriches my life and makes it less boring.
and that is why there is no need to apologize for being the kind of fan you are

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2009, 12:32:59 PM »

seemingly some forum fans think bitching about evrey small thing about a band is supporting it.

i personally won't hate hearing this kind of news(from del or anyone in the gnr camp) more.

btw i just noticed the myspace page mention only black frog not uni/interscope/geffen as their label.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »

I'm not really interested in Del's book, but I don't understand why an announcement on the GNR myspace about it UPSETS people.   And I can understand why many GnR fans would be interested in Del's book, I'm just not much of a reader  Tongue

You don't like the silence and inactivity?  Well where the fuck have you been all these years?   Get used to it, as its part of being a GnR fan.  At the same time, part of the excitement for me is not knowning when Axl is going to come back and blow our minds again! 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »

I'm not much of a reader either. but it's nice to know what's up with the people in the camp once in a while.

why does younggunner enjoy being a whinny crybaby?  rofl 

he wants jarmo to babysit him. but jarmo just refuses.  Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »

I think Axl confirmed himself that this isn't what even he had in mind for Chinese Democracy. I refuse to believe Axl's plan for CD was no video,tour etc

Im not saying that is his fault, but clearly something happened to make things not work out the way I am sure he and everyone involved intended.

I think most fans wouldn't care how much the album sold if it appeared Axl was giving his all to make CD a success. The fact it underperformed in people's eyes due to the lack of interest by the band is what gets everyone whining and upset.

I am a weird kind of fan I guess but when people i really support do well, it gives me a sense of pride and makes me feel good. Is that strange? maybe but I don't know, I feel a deep connection with this band and a few others and what they do matters to me more than it probably should.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: