Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:19:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz "axl really wanted CD out this year"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz "axl really wanted CD out this year"  (Read 46345 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »

I would guess,  the end of 2007 is the ending of some type of contract. Maybe 2008 Axl could be free to do whatever.
Who knows! At this point anything sounds possible...     

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 02:47:50 PM »

I think something really huge is in the works with GNR

Here is some speculation as to what I think the hold up is:

1. They are going to finish all 4 albums, that way there is no space between releases. This way over the next decade they can release 4 albums.

2. The record label and Axl are wrestling over what to release on the first album

Axl has his vision of 3 or 4 albums over the next so many years

The record label probably wants every strong song on ONE CD to maximize everything. That way its kind of the greatest hits CD u never heard.

That could be a cause for holdup, cause if Axl was stickin to his guns over h aving 4 albums and the label wanted one or two massive CDs, that could be it.

I think the problem with Axl's idea is, He isn't taking into account all the new stuff his band will be writing over the next decade.

So yeah, u may have 4 albums worth of material, but how much more stuff are u gonna have the time the last two are ready to be released?

I say Axl should maximize, release a box set of everything, then one CD including what is the BEST material and start again.

That would be awesome!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 02:53:26 PM »

The record label probably wants every strong song on ONE CD to maximize everything. That way its kind of the greatest hits CD u never heard.

I hope that's not true Smiley

One of the best things about UYI is that everybody has a different set of songs that they like. I know when I first heard it, I had a set of favorites that I would always listen to and a set I would usually skip ("this is SO not metal" hahah)... and that set of favorites is quite different now after 15 years, and i seldom skip a tune.

The albums seem to grow with the listener.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »

They NEED to further explain the business thing that has gotten in the way the last 15 years.  I would love to know exactly what that is.

Based on EVERY OTHER BAND that REALLY wants to put an album out, it is really not that difficult. If you want proof, walk into your local record store. The business goes something like this. write music and lyrics, record, submit to record co. or if you have the cash, do it yourself, market it and release it. WOW! so hard to do.

You would think it's that easy, but it's not.

Please explain, because I don't know.

I don't know exactly how it works in the USA because these rules and steps aren't the same on every country, but, let me try...

Yes, what you said is basically the bottom line. To release an album you have to write songs and lyrics, record them, submit to a record co and it's basically it.

But there's a lot of legal things that have to be done when the band is as big as Guns N' Roses.

When an album is edited, every song has it's register code, it's like It's ID. When this song is played on the radio, TV shows or something like that, it generates money. This money is collected by a performance rights organization, like ASCAP, that sends the money to the company that edited the album and for the musicians that are registered on that organization too.

The songs of the album will generate money. Every single one involved with the songs have their % of the profits those songs are gonna make. The musicians have to be registered on any performance rights organization, like ASCAP for example...but what if not every member of the band is registered on the same performance rights organization?

For example: Let's say that Robin Finck is registered on ASCAP, but all the other guys are registered on SESAC. I don't know, but maybe this can be a problem.

And I'm just pointing one legal problem regarding all the business involved on release a big record. I'm pretty sure that this is just the tip of the iceberg...

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 03:22:18 PM »

does this mean it wont be out this year for xmas ?? crying

Nothing is scheduled right now
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 03:24:11 PM »

any idea if it will be scheduled in time for a x-mas 2008 release?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

I hope we get an official update by March which of course is one year after the tentitive release Axl had intended last year.  Its frustrating but it seems like everything else is finally in place and we should most definitely get a release in 08.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 03:41:24 PM »

They NEED to further explain the business thing that has gotten in the way the last 15 years.  I would love to know exactly what that is.

Based on EVERY OTHER BAND that REALLY wants to put an album out, it is really not that difficult. If you want proof, walk into your local record store. The business goes something like this. write music and lyrics, record, submit to record co. or if you have the cash, do it yourself, market it and release it. WOW! so hard to do.

I don't know exactly how it works in the USA because these rules and steps aren't the same on every country, but, let me try...

Yes, what you said is basically the bottom line. To release an album you have to write songs and lyrics, record them, submit to a record co and it's basically it.

But there's a lot of legal things that have to be done when the band is as big as Guns N' Roses.

When an album is edited, every song has it's register code, it's like It's ID. When this song is played on the radio, TV shows or something like that, it generates money. This money is collected by a performance rights organization, like ASCAP, that sends the money to the company that edited the album and for the musicians that are registered on that organization too.

The songs of the album will generate money. Every single one involved with the songs have their % of the profits those songs are gonna make. The musicians have to be registered on any performance rights organization, like ASCAP for example...but what if not every member of the band is registered on the same performance rights organization?

For example: Let's say that Robin Finck is registered on ASCAP, but all the other guys are registered on SESAC. I don't know, but maybe this can be a problem.

And I'm just pointing one legal problem regarding all the business involved on release a big record. I'm pretty sure that this is just the tip of the iceberg...

Nice synopsis Pinball Wizard.  I can only imagine how difficult getting all involved (it's apparently been a lot!) on board with the correct %'s, credit, etc.  It seems like an impossible task.  I would think lawyers have to be working behind the scenes like crazy.  My only question would have to be whether Bucket is represented by a hand-puppet lawyer or a lawyer with a hockey mask.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cineater
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2007, 03:45:21 PM »

You want to know what happen Baz? ?Text Axl and ask him if the internet rumors are true about Geffen. ?If he doesn't answer............

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 03:58:46 PM »

Nice synopsis Pinball Wizard.  I can only imagine how difficult getting all involved (it's apparently been a lot!) on board with the correct %'s, credit, etc.  It seems like an impossible task.  I would think lawyers have to be working behind the scenes like crazy.  My only question would have to be whether Bucket is represented by a hand-puppet lawyer or a lawyer with a hockey mask.   hihi

Yeah, the lawyers go crazy with these stuffs...but they also gets a lot of money on this! Grin

I have a teacher in college who is a lawyer, and she works on this music business, and she tell us, sometimes, about some crazy things that she saw on that area...it's mind blowing!!!

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 04:38:22 PM »

well... shit happens.
2008 release 100% confident.

Its like now or never ,but only gnr boards members are concerned about that cuz the regular people doesnt even know gnr still in the game.

That's pretty much the whole story. Well said.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 05:34:47 PM »

if this album comes out i will los emy mind if its 55 minutes and 10 songs...it should be a 3 or 4 cd set as far as i am concerned
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 05:43:52 PM »

I'm sure the intention is to release the new album as soon as possible.

As for now though, nothing is scheduled or planned.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 06:07:51 PM »

thanks for the reply! it is greatly appreciated for real because the cd release news has been pretty quiet...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

Sebastian Bach: It?s just not as easy. It?s a little more complicated than people think.

Dunno about anyone else, but I already thought it was really complicated  Grin

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 06:14:56 PM »

'Well of course he did, don't be ridiculous.'

Right On, Balcky  hihi

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »

does this mean it wont be out this year for xmas ?  crying

Damn, looks like I lost another 10 euro bet to a friend of mine. The previous one was about whether CD will come out before March 2007. I guess I should start doubling the stakes, I'm bound to win eventually! Grin

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 06:51:45 PM »

I hate when Pepole spell his name Axel haha

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 07:27:02 PM »

Damn, looks like I lost another 10 euro bet to a friend of mine. The previous one was about whether CD will come out before March 2007. I guess I should start doubling the stakes, I'm bound to win eventually! Grin

I fear not.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »

Come on, there's always something being planned..... Wink

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: