Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 06:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz "axl really wanted CD out this year"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz "axl really wanted CD out this year"  (Read 46367 times)
CoreyRotic007
Opening Act

Resortin' To Violence Since '77

« Reply #280 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:44 AM »

well... shit happens.
2008 release 100% confident.

Its like now or never ,but only gnr boards members are concerned about that cuz the regular people doesnt even know gnr still in the game.

That excuse is getting so tired. Sorry to say, but the VAST majority of the people, that would even care who/what a Guns N Roses is, are well-aware of the fact of the whole debacle. Surely they couldn't tell you who is in GNR anymore, but I'll bet the majority of them could tell you who ISN'T in anymore...
 And BEFORE you hop on me, I'm not hating on the post-classic lineup. I'm a fan, or else I wouldn't be here. Between the press on the '02 tour, VR, Slash promoing his book, etc... people are well aware that GNR is still "in the game", as you say.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #281 on: December 11, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »

What ? Mysteron said it was.

like mysteron knows shit ....
i wish the dude does but i think he is as much a insider like you and me?

No one's really sure what the deal is with him. I don't think anything solid has ever been posted.

I guess I have to
Repost this...didn't want to...
Please read whole threads, y'all!

OK...last time, kids...
Myst has "famous relations".
I can't recall which,

But there's an actor
And also a musician
Closely related.

Obviously, Myst
Has never said who they are,
Which is the right thing.

Since he's related
To a few famous people,
His "circle of friends"

Has a bit of clout
And he may well have some, too.
That is Myst's story.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #282 on: December 11, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »

On topic.

It must be axl who is vexed at the delay the most.
Better luck next year. third time lucky. ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #283 on: December 11, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »

No one's really sure what the deal is with him. I don't think anything solid has ever been posted.

Plenty of "solid stuff".  Including news on a tour (before it broke) and a myriad of other tidbits.

And jarmo trusts him, and, I think, has verified his "connections" to the band.

If there's one person, on ANY of the GnR boards you can trust it's Mysteron.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't care who trusts him and I don't care what his "connections" are. I just don't honestly believe myself that anything solid has come out of his posts.

I'm not trying to be negative so I hope you don't take it that way. I don't mean to run the guy down either, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2007, 08:22:05 PM »

Plenty of "solid stuff".  Including news on a tour (before it broke) and a myriad of other tidbits.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't care who trusts him and I don't care what his "connections" are. I just don't honestly believe myself that anything solid has come out of his posts.

I'm not trying to be negative so I hope you don't take it that way. I don't mean to run the guy down either, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

How about the pre-sales in 2006?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2007, 08:36:05 PM »

Plenty of "solid stuff".? Including news on a tour (before it broke) and a myriad of other tidbits.

/jarmo

Hey, that's how I got my Hammerstein tickets.  Consider me a believer, and a grateful one at that.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

/jarmo

That's why I'm not an expert on the subject. I don't know what he's had to do with and what he didn't. The original point though was how much accurate information we have or haven't received about the album from him.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2007, 07:41:10 AM »

This is "not just another album". If you went through all this to get it right and finished, wouldn't you want to make sure its release does it justice?

I think the album deserves it.
/jarmo

Actually, didn't Axl say that it IS just another album?

We should all just wait though. Bitching is not going to get CD released any faster and there is no point in getting worked up about it..
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:35 AM »

Here's my revalation:

"Just release the fucking album. It isn't going to change the world, it is a fucking album, that's it."

Isn't that special. I am a beautiful original snowflake.

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2007, 08:14:39 AM »

This is "not just another album". If you went through all this to get it right and finished, wouldn't you want to make sure its release does it justice?

/jarmo

Yeah, but that was just so people would leave him alone!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2007, 08:27:54 AM »

You can believe what you want.

But reviewing his posts pretty much gives the clearest picture on the issue.  And that's the FACT there's been lots of "solid stuff". GH, tours, presales....it's a pretty extensive list.

You can ignore it, or choose not to believe it, as you see fit, of course.  But let's not mislead the rest of the posters on the board, unless we're sure.....OK?  Just a suggestion......
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:21:04 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2007, 10:20:38 AM »

You can believe what you want.

But reviewing his posts pretty much gives the clearest picture on the issue.  And that's the FACT there's been lots of "solid stuff". GH, tours, presales....it's a pretty extensive list.

You can ignore it, or choose not to believe it, as you see fit, of course.  But let's not mislead the rest of the posters on the board, unless we're sure.....OK?  Just a suggestion......

The rest of the posters on the board could review those same messages and draw their own conclusion. I said nothing misleading, I shared my thoughts on the subject.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2007, 10:24:16 AM »

The rest of the posters on the board could review those same messages and draw their own conclusion. I said nothing misleading, I shared my thoughts on the subject.

Which, I believe, were misleading. 

Because there is more than enough evidence to contrary those thoughts.  And you didn't point that out.

In any event, we're far off topic now.  As I said, you're free to believe what you want.  And as I pointed out, a review of Mysteron's posts is much more compelling than anything else offered on the subject.  At this point, I think, we've staved off any confusion, and no one is going to be misled.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:52 AM »

/jarmo

Yes in one sense it's just an album and maybe it shouldn't affect your life too much.

On the other hand, for the record company and people involved, it's not just another album.

See the difference?

That's why I'm not an expert on the subject. I don't know what he's had to do with and what he didn't. 

He was a big part of it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
masterrecorder
Opening Act

That's called the blues...

« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2007, 12:35:24 PM »

Consider yourself warned.

That kind of posts contribute nothing and are against our rules.

/jarmo

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »

The album will be out when it comes out. Maybe Axl wanted it out, who really knows. If I'm lucky I'll be listening to CD in  a couple of years. Until then, I'll just continue to support other good artists that can and do put out albums with none of the bullshit  and drama.

How can Axl possibly expect the label to pump in a bunch more money for promotion or whatever? IF he's really spent as much as reports say I could see the label being apprehensive about pumping more cash into this project. Music isn't exactly selling well these days, and now with some major retailers decisions to scale back their cd selections that's gotta be a major blow too. How can the label make a substantial profit off of an album that reportedly cost 10 + mil to make. In this day and age, I think it's gonna be kinda difficult.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: December 13, 2007, 10:02:24 PM »

I hope CD is released in 08 and we get the other three albums by 2010. I think by 2011 or 2012, you will see the originial GNR reform. I think Velvet revolver will probably die out in a year or two since Scott Weiland just can't keep it together. With that being said, I would LOVE to hear The General and the studio version of TWAT. TWAT is one of the best songs that Axl has ever created!
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #298 on: December 14, 2007, 11:01:17 AM »

I hope the album is out soon that's all.

Getting that out of the way...people who say music doesn't sell, well kiss my ass. Everyone associated with the music busi. has been making a fuckin killing for way too many years. The way it was back in the 60's artists were screwed, it turned for the other extreme soon after. But it is not only Artists, it was everyone for Christ's sake, Joe blow releases a single it goes top 20 and he's set for life...fuck that. Like every industry the music industry  is in a transition state. No one knows where it is going. People are laid off in many different sectors of the work force and people /industries have to adjust and change procedures.

Where does that leave CD...I don't fuckin' know but I'm sure there is alot of people looking for alot fuckin' cash isn't that how it works?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2007, 11:08:55 AM »

were does it leave things now ?
record labels an all ?
is it the end or the begining of something new.

the one an only horsey !
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: