Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:12:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Album press release from Management and Best Buy / GunsNRoses.com update
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Album press release from Management and Best Buy / GunsNRoses.com update  (Read 56893 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »

dunno if this was posted before, sorry if it was. But it seems Azoff's ''Frontline'' company was bought by Ticketmaster in u$s 123 million

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Ticketmaster-Announces-Agreement-Acquire-Controlling/story.aspx?guid=%7B323F8DA4-5A45-456C-A974-948D50395077%7D

[size=06pt]Ticketmaster Buys Azoff's Front Line for $123M; Layoffs Loom
Authored by Mark Hefflinger on October 23, 2008 - 8:26am.

Los Angeles - Ticketmaster (NASD: TKTM) announced on Thursday that it will acquire a controlling equity interest in Front Line Management, the large artist management firm run by Irving Azoff, from Warner Music Group (NYSE: WMG) for about $123 million in cash. Ticketmaster said it will also change its name to Ticketmaster Entertainment, and name Azoff CEO of the company.

"While the Ticketmaster name has been synonymous with live entertainment for some time, today we took a significant step in solidifying our position in the music business. And, we will greatly benefit in having Irving Azoff lead Ticketmaster," said Ticketmaster chairman Barry Diller.

Founded in 2004, Front Line counts nearly 200 clients, including the Eagles, Jimmy Buffett, Neil Diamond, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac, Christina Aguilera, Stevie Nicks, Aerosmith, Steely Dan, Chicago, Journey and Guns N' Roses.

The deal calls for Ticketmaster to issue Azoff about 4.5% of its stock, while a portion of his equity stake in Front Line will be cancelled; he will also continue to serve as CEO of Front Line.

Ticketmaster's move comes as Live Nation (NYSE: LYV), the large concert promoter and venue owner, has begun expanding its services to include both ticketing and signing "360 deals" with artists that cover a range of recording and other rights.

Ticketmaster is also reportedly soon expected to lay off about 5% of its worldwide staff, or 300 employees, as part of a plan to cut $35 million in expenses.

Poll: Are 360 Music Deals Good For the Artists? [/size]

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
badapple81
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2008, 05:00:10 AM »

This contributes nothing to the discussion... but I have to do it..

FUCK YESSSSSS!!!  Grin
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

Can you say 'ticketmaster' exclusive for 2009 tour...

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2008, 11:38:10 PM »

Arts, Briefly
At Last, a Release for Chinese Democracy
Sign In to E-Mail or Save This
Print
Reprints
Linkedin
Digg
Facebook
Mixx
Yahoo! Buzz

By BEN SISARIO; Compiled by DAVE ITZKOFF
Published: October 22, 2008
Bringing rock?s most notorious shaggy dog story to its conclusion, representatives of Guns N? Roses confirmed on Wednesday that the band?s long-delayed and expensive new album will finally be released next month. The album, ?Chinese Democracy,? will go on sale Nov. 23 at Best Buy stores and online as part of an exclusive deal. It is the band?s first new album in 17 years. ?The release of ?Chinese Democracy? marks a historic moment in rock ?n? roll,? the band?s managers, Irving Azoff and Andy Gould, said in a statement. ?Guns N? Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning.? The song ?Chinese Democracy? was officially released to radio stations around the country at 5 a.m. Wednesday. Fan reaction online was instantaneous. By 5:01, one listener had already posted a comment on a fan discussion page, mygnrforum.com. ?Its awesome!!!,? the post said.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/arts/music/23arts-ATLASTARELEA_BRF.html
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2008, 02:48:37 AM »

Has anyone established yet whether UK fans will be able to buy the album on vinyl?

Also will the vinyl version be available in stores at Best Buy? My back up plan is to ask a US colleague to buy it for me.

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #325 on: October 25, 2008, 12:46:53 PM »

Has anyone established yet whether UK fans will be able to buy the album on vinyl?

From what I've read, it looks like the vinyl version will be out in at least some European countries as well.

I'm assuming they'll do the same in the UK.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »

Finally, great, exciting news!!! hihi

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
wadey
Legend

« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »

Also will the vinyl version be available in stores at Best Buy? My back up plan is to ask a US colleague to buy it for me.

the vinyl will be available in the uk.........just not sure about quantities though  ok

there is a guy on ebay (uk) who is selling pe-orders for the vinyl for ?16, he has 30 of them. i emailed him to ask if they were imports and he said no they were straight from the supplier...........
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 01:59:37 PM by wadey9@htgth » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #328 on: October 25, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »

How to speed things up, 30 days gone in one click!

go to www.gunsnroses.com
right click on the countdown timer, press Forward

Grin Grin Grin

dont know how to post pictures, but do it yourself and look

you mean like this  lmao

edited and pic removed guess some fans dont want to see the message til the actual day!!!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 03:05:33 PM by wadey9@htgth » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »

^thanks  Wink
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:28:02 PM by CheapSloppy ChickenDoodle » Logged
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #330 on: October 25, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »

the vinyl will be available in the uk.........just not sure about quantities though  ok

there is a guy on ebay (uk) who is selling pe-orders for the vinyl for ?16, he has 30 of them. i emailed him to ask if they were imports and he said no they were straight from the supplier...........

He has 30 of them? Okay, so where did he get them?  Tongue

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
wadey
Legend

« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2008, 03:11:28 PM »

He has 30 of them? Okay, so where did he get them?  Tongue

from the supplier and they are pre-orders so he hasnt actually got them in hand, he has placed his order and made a reservation for them to be delivered before release

Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #332 on: November 12, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »

any idea when the website is gonna be fully functional??

Huh
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:41:14 AM by Silverchair » Logged

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #333 on: November 12, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »

my guess is only after the release of CD, sometime before Christmas...

v. ..
overmatik
« Reply #334 on: November 12, 2008, 09:55:21 AM »

The site will only change after CD is released, I guess, because if you press forward on the clock it will say "out now", what means the clock will still be there.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2008, 06:42:57 PM »

THE OFFICIAL SITE HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!  Grin

http://www.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

CHINESE DEMOCRACY LANDS IN AMERICA

(Gypsy note:  guess they had some issues earlier but looks like it's working fine nowok

November 23, 2008
CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS HERE!
GunsNRoses.com
The following has been updated to correct inaccuracies contained in the previously posted version.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #336 on: November 23, 2008, 06:47:41 PM »

can't believe I actually have this in my possesion Shocked

never thought I'd hear myself say that!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #337 on: November 23, 2008, 06:56:08 PM »

can't believe I actually have this in my possesion Shocked

never thought I'd hear myself say that!
IT'S SUCH AN INCREDIBLE FEELING, RIGHT?!!! headbanger

Thats not allowed here..
Since it says it's been corrected, I asked one of the mods if it was okay to post now.  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #338 on: November 23, 2008, 11:15:29 PM »

November 23, 2008

Chinese Democracy is here!
GunsNRoses.com

Chinese Democracy comes to America
Recent Articles:

? Chinese Democracy is released
? Guns reacts to arrest
? GN'R song leaker arrested
? GN'R to get 'Revenge' on Rock Band 2
? Guns N' Robin
? No reality show for GN'R
The following has been updated to correct inaccuracies contained in the previously posted version.

Chinese Democracy is everything you've been waiting so patiently for -- and a lot more.

Here's a full track description:

"Chinese Democracy" opens things up on a theatrical note. Right away you realize that frontman and GN'R mastermind Axl Rose has never sounded better. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's guitar solo is another highlight of the title track. "Better" couldn't be better, with a five-pronged guitar attack setting off explosions while a hard beat crunches away. Tommy Stinson's bass line provides the backbone of the rhythm. "Street Of Dreams" comes next, the beautiful song that you might recognize during GN'R's 2006 tour, introduced as "The Blues."

The fifth track, "If The World," is a classic funk-rock song with Middle Eastern elements and liquid bass playing from synth man and programmer ?- and track co-writer ?- Chris Pitman. There Was A Time" "Broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall/It was a bargain for the summer and I thought I had it all," Axl sings before this instant classic crescendos into the powerful chorus. Other highlights include Dizzy Reed, Pitman and Axl's synth orchestra, which gives the song a movie feel.

A gorgeous instrumental intro featuring piano, bass and Axl's signature wails begins the album's next track, "Catcher In The Rye". "Scraped" features Axl all over the register, with layers and layers of vocal tracks piledt on top of each other while a sinister guitar riff shoots through the chorus: "Don't you try to stop us now/'cause I just won't let you." Meanwhile, "Sorry" is a kick-back track with acoustic guitar but with Axl-penned lyrics that bite: "You don't know why I won't give in," he says. "To hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in."

Track No. 9, "Riad N' The Bedouins" has Axl giving his all to the vocal over a complex, multi-layered guitar rhythm. The instrumental bridge segues from strings to a Bumblefoot solo assault. An electronic drum loop leads right into the next song, "I.R.S.", which contains some of Axl's most inner-reaching lyrical content on the album. Track No. 12, "Madagascar," features accltaimed orchestral arranger Paul Buckmaster and emotional samples from history, including two speeches by Martin Luther King Jr., the films "Mississippi Burning" and "Cool Hand Luke."

"This I Love" starts with only Axl's voice and piano playing, and it's the only song on the album solely written by Axl. "Prostitute" brings things to a close, with Axl saying, "It's not a question of whether my heart is true."

Chinese Democracy is a truly epic project, GNR's first studio release since 1993's The Spaghetti Incident?.

Retail chain Best Buy is the exclusive outlet for the CD and vinyl album in the United States. The album is also available via the iTunes Store.

www.gunsnroses.com

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #339 on: November 23, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »

The description doesn't mention Shackler's?  That's weird lol

And they flipped Sorry and Rhiad...saying there's a drum loop at the end of Rhiad that jumps directly into IRS.  Must have been an earlier tracklisting?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:24:08 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: