Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40029 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: December 13, 2008, 11:52:34 PM »

Not sure why this hasn't been done (or even suggested...perhaps it has been and I missed it), but to make life easier for those that have missed the chance at participating in the recent Fireside Chats with Uncle Axl as well as for Axl, himself, couldn't we create one thread were we could ask our questions and have Axl respond at his leisure, if and when he returns to this forum? Perhaps we can have some rules...such as

1.) PLEASE post no more than 2 questions per user (in order to give everyone a fair chance at having their questions answered).

2.) PLEASE keep questions short and to the point (we're all thankful for Axl's time, no need to include paragraphs of praise preceeding your questions...we love him and his band, he knows this...keep the pleasantries to a minimum)

3.) PLEASE don't ask a question that has already been addressed (ie: tour plans, when new material will surface, what is his favorite song off CD, etc.)

4.) PLEASE delete/change your question posted in this thread if it gets answered before Axl gets to YOUR questions (ie: I've changed my 're-recorded AFD' question as it was recently asked/answered by someone else)

Admin: If this is not possible (for whatever reason) and you decide to delete this post...could you please PM me with an explanation?

If we can get this off the ground...here's my $0.02.

1. I caught Dizzy's ear after a Hookers N' Blow show a few years back. When I told him I attended the 2002 show at Madison Square Garden he got very serious, put an arm around me and said that he personally felt that particular show was the best show GN'R had played since he'd been in the band. Does the 2002 MSG gig hold any significance for you?

2. Are you a fan of Independent films? Any favs? ALSO...(others are asking similar questions, so why not)...Being in a band that is known for over-the-top, grandiose and epic music videos, would you ever concider giving a bare-bones, one-man/big-fan video production company a stripped down/independent crack at one of your music videos...even just for a laugh?

Thanks, Axl!

Sincerely,
Sole Proprietor of Island Long Productions  ok

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:09:17 AM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:57:49 PM »

Let people ask their questions however they want and Axl will determine which ones he wants to answer. My $0.02.

If there are certain rules that should be followed it should come from a moderator.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »

This is a great idea, I'll have to think about my two questions.
greendog
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 12:11:01 AM »

Hi, this will sound totally ridiculous, however, I only live once and I'm prepared to take shit off everyone for it...

I recall reading about you guesting on Bach's album and I *think* you said something along the lines of how hardly anyone asks you to collaborate on their projects. (I could be totally wrong... my memories a little shit).

Here goes nothing... Would you be up for collaborating with my solo project if you're ever not busy?

My music is nothing like Guns. It's typically a sonic stream of consciousness. A way of channeling emotion through various sounds. The results are usually ambient soundscapes, but I do love writing short, snappy songs Smiley

without Guns, I couldn't even imagine ever creating music. So yeah...

Thanks for the years of music. A true inspiration.

(Yes everyone, I'm being totally fucking serious. Why the hell not?)
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:31:18 AM »

1)  Did Chinese Democracy turn out the way you thought it would turn out when you first started working on it and would you say that it's your ultimate musical achievement?

2)  Any reason you didn't thank us, the fans, in your 'thank yous' for Chinese Democracy?

3)  Thank you for delivering a great album to the Gn'R fans who have waited as long as we have waited, it's a remarkable album and it means a lot more to some of us than you'll ever really know.

P.S. please come back to Philadelphia.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:39:34 AM by Eclipsed107 » Logged

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:41:41 AM »

1) axl, can u please play catcher live??

2) axl, do u remember in london 02, a friend of mine dressed as buckethead communicated with u during rocket queen, u copied his robotic head movements lol!! Smiley

Good fuckin night
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:46:56 AM »

1. What artist in today's music are you listening to ? and what's your opinion on Emo and today's Rock ?

2. Was there any plans for the booklet in Chinese Democracy to have a group shot of the band together ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Chief
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 12:52:25 AM »

1.  What are your plans for GNR in 2009 ?

2.  What do you think was the most difficult or one of the most difficult parts of releasing Chinese Democracy?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Lafayette Rose
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 01:07:40 AM »

I have 2 pretty easy ones for Axl

1)When was the last time you were back to Lafayette, Indiana? I know the place may not hold much for you in terms of good memories or families anymore. but when you think about where you came from and what formed your perseptions on the world, how does Lafayette fit?

Also, Were you at Shannon Hoon's funeral/have you ever visited his grave in Dayton, in (just down the road from Lafayette). I have and its a moving experience given the lyrics on his tombstone.

2)Is it true you owned a house/lived in Lake Geneva Wisconsin, and why did you sell/move away?

i'm from the Champaign, IL area and have been to Lafayette many times, most recently for golf and dinner at Mountain Jacks, not far at all from where you grew up!
gnronanightrain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 01:07:51 AM »

1) Axl's thought's on Reckless Road Marc Canters Book

2)Did he steal Dan Druff's bike?   Wink
JezusDontSuf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 01:16:06 AM »

1. Axl, my dad went to school/ ran track with you his name is Mike Sackett. Do you remember him?

2. My dad says one of his track friends beat you up in school after you spat on him, is this true?

p.s. I've seen a pic of you singing in the school choir in the yearbook. I can get a copy of it if you want.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »

I've missed out three times on Axl's chats now, the first two times I missed by just minutes because I was defending Jarmo and Fernando at mygnr.com and got banned  I don't know where to post my question for Axl when he visits us next time, but if you're a mod and kind please help me with putting this question in the thread where he will hopefully see it. Thanks.

Hi AXL you fucking ROCK!! I've been a huge fan since I was 8 years old in '91 and I remember seeing some years later the Free Fallin' collabo you had with Tom Petty I'm guessin' arond '89 or was it '88? Anyway it was off the hook and I wanted to know what you remember from that day and how you experienced it? For me it's the coolest collabo you've ever done.

Also, I loved seeing you in '06 in Denmark and the second show in Oslo. Any particular memories from these two shows, and do you want to do them again? beer

Thanks a lot man, Peace!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:42:30 AM by The Shackler » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 01:19:37 AM »

Axl,

1 - Have you ever been to Brazil just for holidays? I mean as unknown. Maybe with Beta and the guys?  Wink. If yes, Where exactly?

2 - Is there anything like a Making of Chinese Democracy type of thing, you would consider releasing it?
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 01:25:05 AM »

Hey Axl - first off thanks for hanging with us on the boards, very cool!

My question to ya is what song(s) on Chinese are you most looking forward to playing live? I bet If The World and Catcher would both be great in a live setting.

Take it easy.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 01:45:35 AM »

Dear Captain A,

1.)

(Requires a little explanation)

A couple years ago Trent Reznor and some of the guys of NIN were posting pics on nin.com with several Axl/GN'R references.

If I remember right, one was with the NIN boys standing in front of a dressing room with a Chinese Democracy sign hanging over the door.  Another was NIN in the studio, and in a mirror you could see a glimpse of the top of your head wearing a blue bandana (ala 2002), and a third was a shot of the band playing live with Buckethead hidden in the crowd.

Wondering if you had any knowledge of this going on and/or do you have an opinion of what it might've meant?

2.)

How did you come into getting involved with your voice-over work as Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas?  Was the experience enjoyable for you and did you play the game when it was finished?

Many thanks and much love!

buddha slap
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 01:56:56 AM »

Axl,

1 - Did any of the various leaks over the years delay the release of Chinese Democracy?

2 - What is a "Riad" and what what inspired you to write the song?

BTW Chinese Democracy is fucking amazing
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 02:25:18 AM »

2 - What is a "Riad" and what what inspired you to write the song?

A Riad is a traditional Moroccan house or palace with an interior garden. The word riad comes from the Arabian term for garden, "ryad".

Riyadh is also the capital of Saudi Arabia and I believe Riyad can also be a name.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
max2001
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 02:39:18 AM »

1. Whats up with a Fanclub, I remember in 2006 Merck said something about that.
2. any plans to release a chinese democracy special edition before christmas
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 02:51:57 AM »

Axl- many thanks for your time and congratulations on the masterpiece that is Chinese Democracy. My brief questions are:

1. What has it meant to you- both personally and professionally- to have Dizzy Reed along-side you during this entire journey?; and

2. What made you decide to jump up on stage with Gilby Clarke in 2000 and have you had the opportunity to talk with him since?

Thanks for everything you do and best wishes for 2009. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 02:59:11 AM »

Axl, Chinese Democracy rocks!  it's my favorite gnr cd by far.   the NYE show at the House of Blues was one of my favorite shows of all time.  It was a great night and it influenced my singer and I to drop out of Berklee in Boston and move to LA to start a band.  Can you do me a favor?  Could we open up for GnR next time you play in LA?

also, which Karate Kid movie do you think is the best one?  I kinda like 2 the most.

peace

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: