Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard Exclusive: Axl Rose Speaks  (Read 76215 times)
Annie
« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2009, 04:41:20 PM »

borders doesn't carry billboard magazine.
We've got conflicting reports here.  Which is it?  Maybe some do, some don't? 

Edit:  I just called my local Borders and they DO carry Billboard Magazine, BUT they currently do not have the February 14th issue, they have the one from 2/7.  The guy said they should get the new issue this week, but due to President's Day tomorrow it might not be until Tuesday.  But anyway, Borders DOES carry Billboard Magazine.
I tried 2 Border's and a Barbara's and they didn't have it. Next stop EBAY!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #321 on: February 15, 2009, 04:41:39 PM »

Interesting.  Can you post a link to the article where Slash said that?

Ali

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,389304,00.html

maybe there're more articles like this but this is all I could find.
I don't follow them so..

Thank you.  I guess Axl's impression that Slash said that was in fact correct.

Ali
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »

Gypsy and Faldor, you guys are out east.

Like Victor08, I reside in the Golden State.  So I'm guessing the big chains don't carry Billboard, because I went in this past Thursday and Saturday to Borders and I even called B & N.  I asked a sales associate each time I went in.  Must be a market thing, I don't know.

Faldor, don't get tricked into buying the edition with Fall Out Boy on the cover.  When I went to the newsstand yesterday, they had just gotten a shipment of NEW Billboards with Fall Out Boy on the cover, and the Axl cover was the "old" edition.

What a confusing world we live in.
Annie
« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2009, 08:41:41 PM »

Got mine on Ebay.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2009, 12:53:32 AM »

So the entire article was on the site right? Or is there more in the magazine that wasn't put on the site?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2009, 02:16:42 AM »

20 years ago, when I was in kindergarden, there was this girl, and she was really cute and nice, and i think she liked me, and it made me feel funny, and i tink it was love at first site, and now 20 years later all i can think about is how much i miss her and how bad i want her.

wasnt this line in a movie or something? i remember it from somwhere.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2009, 06:35:10 AM »

So the entire article was on the site right? Or is there more in the magazine that wasn't put on the site?

The whole article is on the site. In the mag it's called Axl Rose The Billboard Q&A, and it has the subtitle: "The Guns N' Roses frontman rants about his old bandmates, raves about his new album and explains why 'I have no sympathy for the record companies'"

The picture of him at the piano has the caption "Use your illusion: Axl Rose performing live in 2006" and the only thing pulled out of the article and printed in large red font is "What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion." ?Axl Rose, on his relationship with Slash
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2009, 09:47:15 AM »

20 years ago, when I was in kindergarden, there was this girl, and she was really cute and nice, and i think she liked me, and it made me feel funny, and i tink it was love at first site, and now 20 years later all i can think about is how much i miss her and how bad i want her.

wasnt this line in a movie or something? i remember it from somwhere.

tell me what happened to the guy?

If the guy searches for the girl and finds out there wasn't such a girl in his kindergarten, that's my kind of film.

and meanwhile he meets a girl of his age and falls in love. They start to live together and one day he sees her old photo album. to his surprise there are a bunch of pics of a little girl that looks exactly like the girl never existed....

But I'm sure jim bob was just mocking some backward souls.

Thank you.  I guess Axl's impression that Slash said that was in fact correct.

Ali

no problem.
I don't think he was particularly referring to the article but the media's take that is a combination of slashs and toms, like anyone cared about the contradictions between those two, and the passion for sensationalism.

So back to the question I don't think that's the reason axl wants to stay away from slash.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »

In my humble opinion, Axl and Slash and the original member's are the only one's that know what REALLY happened.  Slash did have his book out and he didnt bash Axl in that book.  He actually spoke quite highly of Axl in it.  Slash doesn't appear to have any issue's with Axl as they havent even spoken in like 13 years.  What I do know is that a lot of musicians have left or got fired from Guns by Axl.  Izzy, Gilby, Slash, Duff, Buckethead to name a few.  They cant all be wrong.  Axl seems to have a very precise image of the music he wants to make, if other's dont like it, they can leave.  Its also worth mentioning that Erin and Stephanie couldn't stand him.  As i see it, nobody really understands were Axl is coming from and he has forced most people away and become a recluse.  The new album is ok but not at all what I ezpected.  None of the new songs really rock like nightrain did.  its mainly ballads or over the top epic tracks like Madagascar.  My point is that Axl is going in a direction that no one seems to understand.

Fair play to him though, most people dont pursue what they really want in life and Axl is trying to do that.

PS: it bugs me that VR and nu GNR fans dont get along at all.  If you want some hard rock, listen to VR.  If you want something more experimental, listen to CD.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

Its also worth mentioning that Erin and Stephanie couldn't stand him.  As i see it, nobody really understands were Axl is coming from and he has forced most people away

In my humble opinion, Axl and Slash and the original member's are the only one's that know what REALLY happened. 

I'm afraid you're contradicting yourself, mate.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »

I guess it does look that way man!  sorry.   My point is though, that the original members all know what really went down but they still never really understood Axl. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »

that the original members all know what really went down

yes  yes as far as they can recall everything correctly, going back years or decades, like at what time on what date of what year who did what and how at where. Hell some people don't even know what they just said in the preceding sentence.   

but they still never really understood Axl.

I don't think I can really see into others mind either.

So let's not help tabloid gossip and malicious slander spread.   Wink

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »

One thing people forget to mention is Axl came up with the name. Like Zach with RATM. The other members of RATM couldn't use the name because Zach came up with it. So the other members have no standing, contract or not. They have rights to the music they were a part of and nothing more.

ultimately, that's what axl's been saying since he started talking again about the breakup of the band; and at the time, the other band members were OK with it

and that duff and slash started all the lawsuits when they realized what the repurcussions may mean
victor08
« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »

drama drama drama
LaneSax
Opening Act

« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »

got mine from Borders *phew
not in US now, so it was tough finding it overseas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »

I went into my local Borders today to try and pick up the Axl issue, but they had the 2/21 issue on the shelf.  I had called earlier this week and asked them if they had the 2/14 issue with Axl but they said they didn't, they still had the 2/7 issue.  So apparently they skipped the Axl issue altogether.  The lady at Borders said that happens sometimes if certain issues are in high demand they ship them to larger stores.  Bottom line, I didn't get my copy.  Damnit all!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Annie
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2009, 06:57:38 PM »

I got mine on ebay and it arrived today. It's awesome! I only paiid $13.33 and there was free shipping.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2009, 07:25:39 PM »

I see on their site they sell back issues, but everytime I go too thier website a virus tries to attack my computer. Anyone else having any problems?

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2009, 01:07:33 PM »

I see on their site they sell back issues, but everytime I go too thier website a virus tries to attack my computer. Anyone else having any problems?
Yeah that just happened to me too, but I battled through it.  Hopefully it worked and nobody stole my credit card number.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2009, 06:11:56 PM »

Not sure if I want to risk it again.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: