Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:42:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).  (Read 79623 times)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »

At the end of the day arguing over this is silly. Everyone has their own opinions of Robin and DJ and that's really all there is to it.

But I can't help but feel like people just say they like DJ because of the fact that he's in GNR and not really for any other reason. I mean, what is there to like really? He's a great showman but that's really it. On a stage with Fortus and Ron, his playing doesn't stand out at all...and he hasn't written anything yet for the band so I just don't get what he has going for him.

I don't like how he messes up solo's and in my opinon ruined a good portion of them. TIL is just terrible. Better doesn't feel right. He messes up SCOM, I'd say half the time. I know some would say Robin messed up solo's but, he didn't. He changed them intentionally and played what he felt. Robin's SCOM solo is better than the original as far as I'm concerned. I mean, sometimes it was hit and miss (November Rain is a good example), but atleast Robin took risks and went out there and did his thing...and it was always HIM. He made everything his own. And he was always spontaneous. Robin was the kind of guy that would jump in the crowd, not in a planned way or planned song like DJ. Robin was the guy who could come out onstage in an indian costume because he felt like it. He's just such a spontaneous artful person and that's why I love him.

I'm not saying DJ is a bad player. I think it's kind of like comparing apples to oranges because they are so different. Personally DJ just doesn't appeal to me.

Word by word, 100% agreed.

All these Robin fans are making all kinds of disrespectful comments about Dj and his "needs" to do this and that.

I honestly cant see where are the disrespectful comments.

They know so much negative things about Dj based on watching him at shows and on Youtube, and know how amazing Robin is based on the same?

I think we, the pejoratively called ''these robin fans'', have seen the band live several times. That's all we can do: attending the shows when they occur near us. We dont tour with the band, and we are not supposed to interact with the band members because we are FANS, not staff. Yours is a one in a million case, and its not the first time you accuse other fans of ''youtubers''... what's wrong with that? I dont want Robin or DJ to be my friends, I want music, not friendship. I dont need to know how good DJ treats his mascots to prefer Robin over him. I base my opinion in what I see in the shows and the feelings they provoke on me.

Yes: im a common, standard, and mortal fan. Never got a VIP pass (never asked for one either), never talked to Robin, and I dont know how good or bad DJ is as person and I dont really give a shit either. What do you expect from me/us?

And, with all due respect, I think that Axl has a greater knowledge of DJ's ability and place within the band than you do.

What a stupid argument... I'm asking myself if I should say something or not...

Axl wanted Robin in the first place, badly. DJ is in the band JUST BECAUSE Robin decided to leave.

Axl wants Robin, just like we ''these robin fans''. He (we) cant have him, the show must go on, a replacement is called. And I thank God (and Axl) for that.

Since when is saying that DJ has a routine on stage attacking him? He does. You of all people should know that. I saw DJ with GNR live 6 times. DJ does the same thing at every show. It's all choerographed to a tee.

I ask myself the same, and I've seen the band with him 9 times, noticing that exact routine show after show. Jarmo attended many more shows than you and me together, and it would be extremely hypocrite not to accept this. Is it a sin having a routine? No! Not at all! Angus Young has his own routine too! No one ''attacks'' or disrespect DJ for saying he's got a routine and that he's not as spontaneous as Robin!
You're right, DJ is in the band because Robin left.  There is no reason to think that Axl didn't want DJ in the band badly as well.

And here's another fact to consider:  As much as DJ is in the band because Robin left, Robin was in the band because Slash left. 

It goes both ways.

Ali
Not to nitpick since I think the argument is pointless anyways, but that's not exactly true.

There is a huge difference. Axl didn't know Robin or know of Robin when GNR was starting. However according to DJ, Axl had followed his entire career. Meaning he knew of DJ when he brought Robin into the band.

Broski
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »

Robin quit the band twice. He didn't wanna be in your favorite band and perform all those "personal interpretations" of GN'R songs for you guys.

How does that make you feel?

This whole discussion is silly.

He left. Just like most other former members. He didn't wanna be part of GN'R.

Dj isn't stopping Robin from being in the band. No need to have all these negative thoughts about him. He didn't kick Robin out and took his place. There was no duel.

Robin chose to leave. Twice.

Like I said in a previous post.

You prefer Robin. Fine.

No need to put somebody else down with your misguided biased "facts".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »

Robin quit the band twice. He didn't wanna be in your favorite band and perform all those "personal interpretations" of GN'R songs for you guys.

Dj isn't stopping Robin from being in the band. No need to have all these negative thoughts about him. He didn't kick Robin out and took his place. There was no duel.

You prefer Robin. Fine.

/jarmo
You're starting to get ridiculous. This is childish.

Robin quitting doesn't make me feel anything. People leave bands. That doesn't make them bad people and nobody has blamed DJ for Robin leaving. I'm sure Robin had his reasons and if he doesn't want to disclose them that's his buisness. Why are you trying to make him out to be the bad guy for quitting a band?

You make it seem like someone leaving a band makes them the antichrist. "How does that make you feel?"...lol give me a break

How is any of that even relevant to ANYTHING we are talking about here? Yes, we know he left....point?

Nobody is putting DJ down because of their feelings for Robin. Nobody is even putting DJ down at all. I really don't know what you're talking about or why you keep bringing up the fact that Robin quit the band.

Saying your opinion on a musician, isn't putting them down. Nobody has insulted DJ personally or attacked him.

You make it seem like preffering Robin over DJ is a crime.

Broski
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »

You prefer Robin. Fine.

/jarmo

Spot on 100%

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »

At the end of the day arguing over this is silly. Everyone has their own opinions of Robin and DJ and that's really all there is to it.

But I can't help but feel like people just say they like DJ because of the fact that he's in GNR and not really for any other reason. I mean, what is there to like really? He's a great showman but that's really it. On a stage with Fortus and Ron, his playing doesn't stand out at all...and he hasn't written anything yet for the band so I just don't get what he has going for him.

I don't like how he messes up solo's and in my opinon ruined a good portion of them. TIL is just terrible. Better doesn't feel right. He messes up SCOM, I'd say half the time. I know some would say Robin messed up solo's but, he didn't. He changed them intentionally and played what he felt. Robin's SCOM solo is better than the original as far as I'm concerned. I mean, sometimes it was hit and miss (November Rain is a good example), but atleast Robin took risks and went out there and did his thing...and it was always HIM. He made everything his own. And he was always spontaneous. Robin was the kind of guy that would jump in the crowd, not in a planned way or planned song like DJ. Robin was the guy who could come out onstage in an indian costume because he felt like it. He's just such a spontaneous artful person and that's why I love him.

I'm not saying DJ is a bad player. I think it's kind of like comparing apples to oranges because they are so different. Personally DJ just doesn't appeal to me.

All these Robin fans are making all kinds of disrespectful comments about Dj and his "needs" to do this and that.

They know so much negative things about Dj based on watching him at shows and on Youtube, and know how amazing Robin is based on the same?

I think we, the pejoratively called ''these robin fans'', have seen the band live several times. That's all we can do: attending the shows when they occur near us. We dont tour with the band, and we are not supposed to interact with the band members because we are FANS, not staff. Yours is a one in a million case, and its not the first time you accuse other fans of ''youtubers''... what's wrong with that? I dont want Robin or DJ to be my friends, I want music, not friendship. I dont need to know how good DJ treats his mascots to prefer Robin over him. I base my opinion in what I see in the shows and the feelings they provoke on me.

Yes: im a common, standard, and mortal fan. Never got a VIP pass (never asked for one either), never talked to Robin, and I dont know how good or bad DJ is as person and I dont really give a shit either. What do you expect from me/us?

And, with all due respect, I think that Axl has a greater knowledge of DJ's ability and place within the band than you do.

Axl wanted Robin in the first place, badly. DJ is in the band JUST BECAUSE Robin decided to leave.

Axl wants Robin, just like we ''these robin fans''. He (we) cant have him, the show must go on, a replacement is called. And I thank God (and Axl) for that.

Since when is saying that DJ has a routine on stage attacking him? He does. You of all people should know that. I saw DJ with GNR live 6 times. DJ does the same thing at every show. It's all choerographed to a tee.

I ask myself the same, and I've seen the band with him 9 times, noticing that exact routine show after show. Jarmo attended many more shows than you and me together, and it would be extremely hypocrite not to accept this. Is it a sin having a routine? No! Not at all! Angus Young has his own routine too! No one ''attacks'' or disrespect DJ for saying he's got a routine and that he's not as spontaneous as Robin!
You're right, DJ is in the band because Robin left.  There is no reason to think that Axl didn't want DJ in the band badly as well.

And here's another fact to consider:  As much as DJ is in the band because Robin left, Robin was in the band because Slash left. 

It goes both ways.

Ali
Not to nitpick since I think the argument is pointless anyways, but that's not exactly true.

There is a huge difference. Axl didn't know Robin or know of Robin when GNR was starting. However according to DJ, Axl had followed his entire career. Meaning he knew of DJ when he brought Robin into the band.

I know what you're implying, that Robin was chosen over DJ originally, but, I think that is nothing more than a twisted interpretation of Axl's words. If you had read some of DJ's interviews, you'd know that he met Axl when production on CD was already underway. So, sorry, there is nothing to support your suggestion there.  Nice try, though.

Ali
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2012, 10:49:31 PM »

It goes both ways.

Ali

I know what you're implying, that Robin was chosen over DJ originally, but, I think that is nothing more than a twisted interpretation of Axl's words. If you had read some of DJ's interviews, you'd know that he met Axl when production on CD was already underway. So, sorry, there is nothing to support your suggestion there.  Nice try, though.

Ali

I didn't know exactly when DJ met Axl. Still, just because he met Axl during the production of CD doesn't mean Axl didn't know of him previously and couldn't have sought him out if he had really wanted to.

Point is, Robin was always the guy Axl wanted in his band. Originally Matt Sorum just wanted Robin to be rhythm guitarist but Axl saw something in him. Axl wanted him in lead. And after Robins two year contract was up, Axl got him back again after he toured with NIN. That is saying something in itself. He completely changed the dynamics of GNR forever by adding a third guitarist spot, because he knew after working with Robin that he was that good - to be in the band working alongside Buckethead even though it changed the lineup drastically by adding a third player. Axl saw something in Robin.

It's fairly obvious when you look at the history that Robin has always been important to Axl and been a big musical partner in his life. Even after Robin left, Axl didn't say anything bad about him (and we know that isn't the case with many ex members of GNR) and even said Robin would continue to be a part of GNR by virtue. The fact that Robin appeared with the band again at this LA performance only backs up that Axl and him are on good terms. And Robin has written albums worth of material for GNR...material that we will hopefully hear some day.

He may not be a member of the band anymore but, just like Brain and Paul, his contributions will continue to be shown in the future.

Robin has always been and always will be Axl's first choice.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:52:48 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »

You prefer Robin. Fine.

/jarmo

Is it ok to say we really like DJ, but we prefer Robin, the Bucket, and Brain?
NicoleMarieB25
Opening Act

I try and feel the sunshine

« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2012, 10:59:02 PM »

It goes both ways.

Ali

Ali

I didn't know exactly when DJ met Axl. Still, just because he met Axl during the production of CD doesn't mean Axl didn't know of him previously and couldn't have sought him out if he had really wanted to.

Point is, Robin was always the guy Axl wanted in his band. Originally Matt Sorum just wanted Robin to be rhythm guitarist but Axl saw something in him. Axl wanted him in lead. And after Robins two year contract was up, Axl got him back again after he toured with NIN.

It's fairly obvious when you look at the history that Robin has always been important to Axl and been a big musical partner in his life. Even after Robin left, Axl didn't say anything bad about him (and we know that isn't the case with many ex members of GNR) and even said Robin would continue to be a part of GNR by virtue. The fact that Robin appeared with the band again at this LA performance only backs up that Axl and him are on good terms. And Robin has written albums worth of material for GNR...material that we will hopefully hear some day.

He may not be a member of the band anymore but, just like Brain and Paul, his contributions will continue to be shown in the future.

Robin has always been and always will be Axl's first choice.

I don't know how you can make a statement like "Robin has always been and always be Axl's first choice."  Seems like something only Axl and perhaps Beta would be qualified to comment on.

Here's some info about what Axl thought of DJ, from http://loudwire.com/dj-ashba-call-audition-guns-n-roses/

"What really surprised DJ Ashba was how closely Axl followed his career over the years. ?The first time I sat down with him after joining the band, he had known about my entire career. It blew my mind,? he said. ?He remembered meeting me ten years ago, probably even longer than that now, when Sharon Osborne introduced us, while I was making the Beautiful Creatures album. He said, ?If I knew you would have been up for this, I would?ve came after you years ago.? I didn?t even know I was on his radar, so it was pretty flattering.?

It sounds like Axl was very appreciate of DJ's MUSICAL career prior to Guns.  And that he wanted him in the band.

Not to say he didn't want Buckethead or Robin in the band either.  They chose to leave the band.  They each contributed great things during their tenure, and it's nice to see Robin on good terms with Axl and joining the current band onstage for a song.

Personally, I think the chemistry of the current lineup is very exciting.  Being in a band means being part of a team.  Like in sports, a team with the most heart, dedication and chemistry can beat a team full of the bigger stars or pure "talent."  Some people may feel Robin (or whomever) is a more "technically skilled" guitarist than DJ, and you have a right to your opinions.  My opinion is that DJ is a talented musician, and seems to have a lot of  intangibles (to use another sports analogy) that make him a good fit with this band at this time.  The past year has been a very exciting one for GNR and I'm looking forward to seeing more in 2012.  Hopefully we'll get to see what THIS group of musicians can do together in the studio soon.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »

I really doubt that DJ is giving an exact quote of what Axl said a decade ago. It was probably more of a figure of speech.

I'm not saying Axl doesn't appreciate DJ's talent and see something in DJ as well. If he didn't he wouldn't be in the band of course.

I just think it's safe to assume that Axl is very very connected to Robin and has had a history with him that shows he is Axl's "Boy wonder". He made him the lead player, brought him back after the NIN tour tour - thus adding a thid player to the fold and changing the dynamics of GNR forever, and even after Robin left, if you read the 2008 online chats, he seemed open to Robin returning and was probably hoping he would...

Broski
ravensjacket29
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »

i dont really get what all the whining and shits about

if you prefer one over the other, than all the more to you. but why piss all over such a badass GNR moment with all this back and forth little high school girl crap??

Robin was in GNR. Robin left to rejoin NIN. DJ is now in GNR. DJ is also going out every night and busting his ass to ensure that we as fans get what we paid for and have a good fucking time.  

he is doing the same exact thing Robin did until he decided to pursue something else.

I remember all the robin bashing on all the boards even though im not certified as a "MOD" or "LEGEND" or whatever you people call it. i've been around for a while.
you said he was weird.. fucked solos up constantly.. was too marilyn manson for GNR..
now you turn around and act like hes the second coming while saying those exact same things about DJ.

theyre both immensly talanted and a part of GNR's history. just be appreciative of what they both bring to the table instead of whining and going tit for tat.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »

Well, one thing is for sure, you cannot question a GNR fan's passion when it comes to the band  ok

I think the general consensus here is that we all prefer different players in the band... whether its the classic lineup, the 1992 lineup, the 2001 lineup, the 2006 lineup or the current lineup. 

But the common theme is that everyone is happy that Axl Rose is out there still making music and playing shows.  Even though I don't agree with everything Axl or anyone who was ever associated with the band does or has done doesn't mean I don't appreciate the music they have given me in my lifetime.  I will acknowledge that if it were not for DJ we may not have a touring GNR right now.  So for that, thanks DJ!  As long as the guys in the band keep Axl motivated to continue with his musical career I will follow them.  I may not like DJ like I have previous members, but he has kept the band alive and while he may annoy the hell out of me at times he will always have my respect as a member of the band. 
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »

Well, one thing is for sure, you cannot question a GNR fan's passion when it comes to the band  ok

I think the general consensus here is that we all prefer different players in the band... whether its the classic lineup, the 1992 lineup, the 2001 lineup, the 2006 lineup or the current lineup. 

But the common theme is that everyone is happy that Axl Rose is out there still making music and playing shows.  Even though I don't agree with everything Axl or anyone who was ever associated with the band does or has done doesn't mean I don't appreciate the music they have given me in my lifetime.  I will acknowledge that if it were not for DJ we may not have a touring GNR right now.  So for that, thanks DJ!  As long as the guys in the band keep Axl motivated to continue with his musical career I will follow them.  I may not like DJ like I have previous members, but he has kept the band alive and while he may annoy the hell out of me at times he will always have my respect as a member of the band. 

Amen now can we move on Jesus Christ, the HOF is a few weeks away god knows what we fans will be discussing(bitching bout ) after that.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2012, 04:06:12 AM »

I really doubt that DJ is giving an exact quote of what Axl said a decade ago. It was probably more of a figure of speech.

I'm not saying Axl doesn't appreciate DJ's talent and see something in DJ as well. If he didn't he wouldn't be in the band of course.

That's big of you - bet Dj'll appreciate that.  Wink. Funny how you dismiss Dj's quote instantly. I wonder if a comment by Robin would get the same treatment. Probably not, seeing as in your world any onstage mistakes Robin made were intentional alterations to well-known and much-loved solos.

I just think it's safe to assume that Axl is very very connected to Robin and has had a history with him that shows he is Axl's "Boy wonder".

Well he certainly has the tights for the role.   hihi

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »

That's big of you - bet Dj'll appreciate that.  Wink. Funny how you dismiss Dj's quote instantly. I wonder if a comment by Robin would get the same treatment. Probably not, seeing as in your world any onstage mistakes Robin made were intentional alterations to well-known and much-loved solos.

Don't really see how it's big of me. I don't see how someone can remember exactly what someone else said ten years ago. Sounded more like DJ was trying to convey the fact that Axl liked his playing and work on Beautiful Creatures then an exact quote. If Robin made a similar claim I would have a similar reaction. Your bias is amusing though.

I think you need to read my posts again. I clearly stated Robin has made mistakes. My point was that changing the solo's isn't a mistake. Didn't think it would be that hard to understand.

Broski
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2012, 05:57:32 AM »

Robin guests at the GnR gig and there is so much LOVE on stage between the players and the to/from the audience.

And all you maniacs can do .. is rag and bitch and compare and offer conspiracy theories?

See the video again. See Robin's face. He's proud, he's happy. See Axl's face. See Tommy. Check out Richard! These guys are FRIENDS. They are mates and Robin guesting was a beautiful thing.

ENJOY IT!

Notice how Robin respectfully left the stage fast, just as DJ left the stage for him to do BETTER alone. I'm sure Finck and Ashba get along fine.

Shape up, folks.

It was a great moment. Stop the whining.

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »

Robin guests at the GnR gig and there is so much LOVE on stage between the players and the to/from the audience.

And all you maniacs can do .. is rag and bitch and compare and offer conspiracy theories?

See the video again. See Robin's face. He's proud, he's happy. See Axl's face. See Tommy. Check out Richard! These guys are FRIENDS. They are mates and Robin guesting was a beautiful thing.

ENJOY IT!

Notice how Robin respectfully left the stage fast, just as DJ left the stage for him to do BETTER alone. I'm sure Finck and Ashba get along fine.

Shape up, folks.

Word! It was a nice moment for the band and the show.
The smile on Axl's face at the end of the performance was worth more than a thousand words, so stop whining indeed... that's the magic of GN'R, anything can happen..
The former members are part & will remain to be part of the legacy, you can't change history but you can enjoy it though peace Carpe Diem, just enjoy...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2012, 08:21:01 AM »

Wow, i can't believe this is still going on. But since it is... here's my humble opinion on the DJ v. Robin argument. Personally, i love the new music that Robin helped create on CD. As a musician, i think he is great. I could never stand his stage presence. To me, his skirts and the way he high steps around stage made him look like a complete clown. But hey, that's his thing, obviously a lot of people thought he looked cool. I'm into this band for the music first, but there is definitely an image factor with the band as well. Like i said, i love the new music he contributed. And playing live, i thought he sounded awesome--on the new music. But i didn't like how he sounded on the old songs. If he did do it on purpose, then i'm glad they're back to sounding more like how they were originally. I always thought Robin was really into the songs he helped create, but maybe not so much into playing other people's stuff. I could be wrong (hell, we all could be wrong about what any of these guys is thinking or feeling). All i know is that to my ear, it wasn't an improvement on the old songs, it just sounded like shit. (I think the guys now still put their own stamp on the old music, but in a way that stays true to its original sound. It's familiar, but heavier and more layered) As far as DJ--i wasn't really thrilled about him at first, but after seeing him with the band a few times now, he has grown on me. I do want to see what happens when the current guys record something. As far as stage presence, the people i've taken to see GnR on this last tour thought DJ was awesome. Chicks seem to really dig him (the girl I took to Camden told me not to get upset if she thinks about DJ when we were having sex after the show. I told her i'd probably be thinking of Taylor Momsen. She said she might be thinking about her, too. Anyway...) and the guys that went along thought he was cool the way he runs all over the stage, etc. Personally, I prefer the way he does the older songs over Robin. I still think Richard is a better guitar player and wish he got more of the solos, but again, that's me. DJ is kind of in a weird position because he is covering Slash's stuff and Robin's. But that's why Axl hired him. At the end of the day, i'm just glad the band is touring. Axl and DJ have a great chemistry, DJ's doing the job he was hired to do. I like how he plays and I think he fits in great with the band. You gotta love his energy. I think it's awesome that Robin got onstage with the band for a song. He is a part of the GnR history and contributed some incredible music, but i wasn't sad to see him go and really don't want him back. Hell, I think it would've been cool if Buckethead joined them for a solo. I just hope the new lineup gets something recorded sooner rather than later. No matter who your preference is, you gotta admit that Axl has a knack for surrounding himself with amazing musicians. Yeah, they aren't going to please everyone, image-wise or musically, but it is ultimately all part of Axl's evolving vision for the band, and i do trust that.

Having said all that, this DJ/Robin thing has me completely convinced that if Axl decides to play even one song at the HOF ceremony with Slash it will be a nightmare for anything he's trying to do with the new lineup.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:40:26 AM by inlikeflynn420 » Logged

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2012, 08:28:47 AM »

Amen now can we move on Jesus Christ, the HOF is a few weeks away god knows what we fans will be discussing(bitching bout ) after that.lol
[/quote]

Exactly! Christ knows what any of Guns "feel" whilst they are performing at any one gig or during any particular song, we could only guess that, but the whole band look so happy and on fire as a team as of now.  I'm really fkn happy for that, and for my part, I think Dj rocks and is a very valued member of this band.  I really like his two solos he's done for Guns and we know he's already written more music - so more is to come.  I like what he brings onstage - and that the band perform as a band - and obviously enjoy interacting with each other as well as with the crowd.  Nice to see Robin and Brain again on this occasion and that's it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:35:44 AM by Julia » Logged
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »

ENJOY IT!

Shape up, folks.

Couldn?t agree more!  ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »

Fact: DJ is better than Robin for Guns N' Roses.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: