Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:54:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 12th, West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues (UpDates).  (Read 79399 times)
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »

DJ is more true to the Guns N Roses sound

G N' R sound before or after the split?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »

U guys aren't even considering this though:

Your lead guitar player quits a few months before album release? how can u tour, make appearances do anything when u are holding guitar auditions?

And abso fucking lutely.

U can't have a new Guns N Roses video, first video from the band in i don't know how many years, that features guys NO longer in the band........ Talk about confusing people etc.
Axl finally broke through the "Where's Slash" crap, so now, u are gonna have a situation where people are like,"well, where's Robin, or that guy in the video?" That Axl can't keep a guitarist rhetoric flies instead of people focusing on music or video.

Robin was in position to become a guitar hero/star and he blew it to go back sucking on Trent's tit.

Axl allowed him the freedom to create,write and to be a superstar.

Trent allowed him to be a backing guitarist

Will never understand that logic and OH, since he never gave an explanation why he LEFT the fans hanging, I shall assume/speculate anything I want..

I think you are highly exaggerating.

Tons of people left GNR before CD came out. Atleast Robin saw it through. He finished something he started (11 years earlier for that matter). It's not like he left before a tour, or before he finished the album. He finished what he started and then he left...why? Know one really knows...I'm sure he had his reasons. It's unfair to attack him for leaving when none of us know the full story. And the fact that Axl had nothing but good things to say about Robin even after the split, and of course the fact that Robin appeared at this LA show only solidifies the fact that he didn't leave the band in any type of bad situation as you claim. And you seem to forget that Robin DID deny Trents invitation to tour with him in 2005 (I believe). It's pretty clear that Robin always had GNR as his priority. He saw it through to the end and he had every right to leave. It was his choice and if you ask me, he chose the best time possible to leave the band. There was no tour upcoming, and he finished the album. He literally had nothing to do. What better time to leave would there be?

Axl himself has even said he intentionally decided to not release video's yet for any CD songs on his TMS interview. Blaming it on Robin is silly.

And lol, seriously? When have ANY of the GNR guitarists since the original band become "superstars"? Not to mention, Robin doesn't really seem to care about fame or fortune. He is a true artist. And clearly, two of the biggest legends in Rock agree. He's literally had Axl and Trent at his beckoning call since the 90's...And good for him.  Wink
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:29:29 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »

How did this conversation even turn into such a Robin hate fest? It's like the second someone leaves the band they become the antichrist on this forum....when/if DJ leaves will you all turn your backs on him?

Enough with the conspiracy theories. Jesus.

Some people like Robin. If you don't, fair enough but why try to blame him for things that none of us know anything about?
I think because so many "Robin fans" came out of the woodwork and claimed that Robin should rejoin the band because he's so much better than DJ.  It's equal to people saying they want Slash back.  Neither is happening.  DJ is in the band for the foreseeable future, like it or not.  I for one, like it, but it gets tiresome for some to come on and read about people downgrading current members because they prefer previous members.

It was a great moment for Robin to perform with the band the other night.  It's great that he's still on good terms with the band.  And it's great if he makes some special appearances down the road.  But IMO, he is in NO position to come in and kick DJ to the curb.  He had the job and decided to move on and DJ stepped in and filled the void nicely.  The chemistry in the band and the overall dynamic seems to be at an all time high, I wouldn't change a thing.

By the way, I don't think Robin is interested in getting his old job back, just referencing what some "Robin fans" are hoping for.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

How did this conversation even turn into such a Robin hate fest? It's like the second someone leaves the band they become the antichrist on this forum....when/if DJ leaves will you all turn your backs on him?

Some people like Robin. If you don't, fair enough but why try to blame him for things that none of us know anything about?
I think because so many "Robin fans" came out of the woodwork and claimed that Robin should rejoin the band because he's so much better than DJ.  It's equal to people saying they want Slash back.  Neither is happening.  DJ is in the band for the foreseeable future, like it or not.  I for one, like it, but it gets tiresome for some to come on and read about people downgrading current members because they prefer previous members.

It was a great moment for Robin to perform with the band the other night.  It's great that he's still on good terms with the band.  And it's great if he makes some special appearances down the road.  But IMO, he is in NO position to come in and kick DJ to the curb.  He had the job and decided to move on and DJ stepped in and filled the void nicely.  The chemistry in the band and the overall dynamic seems to be at an all time high, I wouldn't change a thing.

By the way, I don't think Robin is interested in getting his old job back, just referencing what some "Robin fans" are hoping for.
I don't see why people simply stating they prefer Robin to DJ is downgrading to DJ. Everyone has preferences. It's not like anyone has taken aything away from DJ here. People are just offering their opinion. I've posted on many forums and I've never seen people fight so much over preference of band members as I have on this forum.

Just because someone says they'd rather have Robin in the band then DJ doesn't mean they think it's going to happen (though personally I don't think it's out of the realm of possibily. It has happened before). Nothing wrong with wanting Robin, or even Slash back for that matter. Personally I wouldn't want Slash back at all but, if someone does what is the big deal? I think that in this forum's attempt to support the current incarnation of the band and counter the negativitey found elsewhere, it has sort of overshot it's point and become a place where if anyone even mentions something positive about former members it's almost taboo.

Broski
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »

My Michelle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWtavFJ6hqQ
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »

^awesome
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »

I don't see why people simply stating they prefer Robin to DJ is downgrading to DJ. Everyone has preferences. It's not like anyone has taken aything away from DJ here. People are just offering their opinion. I've posted on many forums and I've never seen people fight so much over preference of band members as I have on this forum.

Just because someone says they'd rather have Robin in the band then DJ doesn't mean they think it's going to happen (though personally I don't think it's out of the realm of possibily. It has happened before). Nothing wrong with wanting Robin, or even Slash back for that matter. Personally I wouldn't want Slash back at all but, if someone does what is the big deal? I think that in this forum's attempt to support the current incarnation of the band and counter the negativitey found elsewhere, it has sort of overshot it's point and become a place where if anyone even mentions something positive about former members it's almost taboo.

Preferring a former member to a current one is fine, or even saying you wish he was in the band or think the band was/is better with him.  But when people start saying DJ is a wannabe, Slash clone, doesn't have the stage presence, doesn't know how to work an audience, makes mistakes, etc., etc., etc.  It's a little overkill.  If you prefer Robin, fine.  No need to go and tear down DJ in the process, which I feel some people were doing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2012, 07:19:40 PM »

Preferring a former member to a current one is fine, or even saying you wish he was in the band or think the band was/is better with him.  But when people start saying DJ is a wannabe, Slash clone, doesn't have the stage presence, doesn't know how to work an audience, makes mistakes, etc., etc., etc.  It's a little overkill.  If you prefer Robin, fine.  No need to go and tear down DJ in the process, which I feel some people were doing.
Well to be honest with you, I've only skimmed a lot of the posts in this thread but I haven't noticed anyone say he is a Slash clone, doesn't have stage presence, or doesn't know how to work an audiance.

And what is wrong with saying he makes mistakes? He does...

Broski
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Finally, thanks for posting. smoking

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »

Stop ruining my show thread with your stupid arguments, bitchcakes.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »

CIAT - weren't you banned at MyGNR? What was that for?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »

CIAT - weren't you banned at MyGNR? What was that for?
Yes. I fail to see the relevance to this topic though. But if you must know, I was banned because I was a previously banned member. My initial banning was for making an account for a banned member.

Broski
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #312 on: March 17, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »

Shows how hypocritical u Robin fans are

U guys used to go nuts when Slash fans would slam Robin and want Slash back and here u guys are doing the exact same thing to DJ who has stepped in and done an amazing job.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »

we are making your thread Legendary!!

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

U guys used to go nuts when Slash fans would slam Robin and want Slash back and here u guys are doing the exact same thing to DJ who has stepped in and done an amazing job.

I think that originality plays a huge part in this argument as well. As someone pointed out earlier, Robin made mistakes just as well as DJ. But the difference is that 90% of Robins so called mistakes was his actual playing style, and improvisal nature.....and that's what made him original. Seeing someone like DJ make mistakes on solo after solo, even though you know he is trying to play it the "right" way, is embarrasing.

Robin is original, and from what I've seen from DJ so far, he is not so original.....

And again I must clarify, I'm not bashing DJ.....just my opinion from what I have seen from both players.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #315 on: March 17, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »

I've never gone off on any Slash fans. I can respect anyone's point of view. Something some people here seem to struggle with.

And as far as I can see, no one is slamming DJ here at all.

Broski
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »

we are making your thread Legendary!!

This used to be a quiet beach community.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2012, 01:12:43 AM »

I think that originality plays a huge part in this argument as well. As someone pointed out earlier, Robin made mistakes just as well as DJ. But the difference is that 90% of Robins so called mistakes was his actual playing style, and improvisal nature.....and that's what made him original. Seeing someone like DJ make mistakes on solo after solo, even though you know he is trying to play it the "right" way, is embarrasing.

Robin is original, and from what I've seen from DJ so far, he is not so original.....

And again I must clarify, I'm not bashing DJ.....just my opinion from what I have seen from both players.
Please.  This here is MY biggest problem with this whole ridiculous back and forth.  In YOUR OPINION DJ makes mistakes, yet when Robin makes mistakes they are "intentional".  Excuse me, but HOW in the hell would you know that exactly?  How in the hell do you know what Robin and or DJ intends for each and every solo to sound like?

That's my problem.  To you "Robin fans" any "mistake" Robin makes is intentional, yet DJ is some buffoon who just doesn't know the material well enough to play it right.  I'm sorry, but I have a problem with that.  And THAT is why this discussion continues.  Say you prefer one or the other, fine.  But let's stop with the bullshit.  I know Robin has been bashed a bit in the past, so maybe you're just looking for some revenge, but seriously, it's unnecessary.

At least how I see it.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2012, 01:20:12 AM »

I've never gone off on any Slash fans. I can respect anyone's point of view. Something some people here seem to struggle with.

And as far as I can see, no one is slamming DJ here at all.
You don't see people bashing DJ, because AFTER they bash him they say "no offense to DJ".  That doesn't erase what they say.  Again, there is no problem with preferring Robin.  But people are going out of their way to point out DJ's flaws, when it doesn't seem all that necessary.  Honestly I thought people were sensitive when it came to Slash, but this whole Robin thing is on another level, which astonishes me.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »

my feeling is this:

DJ seems like a dude who was blasting AFD,Lies and UYI's when they came out.. he seems like a guy who would go see GNR back in the old days.. He respects the music, what the guys were able to accomplish and he is the perfect bridge from that to now.

Robin seems like a dude who joined a band he prob wasn't a fan of and that is why he had no awareness of just how special Slash's solos etc are to the fans.. so when he'd put his own spin aka butcher them.. he disrespected the hardcore fanbase as well as the music.

like painting a mustache or glasses on the Mona Lisa... its perfect. don't fuck with it.

Robin is more nu metalish whereas DJ has the same GnR musical roots.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: