Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:29:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 115247 times)
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #320 on: March 24, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »

It was the whole show.. Nothing cut out Smiley

You mean it was longer than 2hrs.20min. and they showed all the solo songs? (Tommy, Ron, Richard, etc.)
If that's the case, it means it's a different version...but I guess the camera angles were the same (way too much shots of the audience, almost no close-up shots...)

It's a nice concert indeed, though! Smiley

Yes.. All the solo songs was there.. the show was 3 hrs.. Really cool!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #321 on: March 27, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »

Just watching the Blu Ray in glorious surround sound. It's absolutely fantastic! Such a shame they have not given this a proper official airing.

It's a sold out arena, the crowd are in to it, Axl and the band sound great, Izzy shows up...Ohh and I'm in it! What more could I/you ask for.

Sure there are a few weird editing decisions and Axl's rasp was more intact in 2010 but all in all this is now my definitive GN'R home video.

Looking forward to Vegas show soon. Fingers crossed I'll be able to buy a legit copy which will benefit the band.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »

Just watching the Blu Ray in glorious surround sound. It's absolutely fantastic! Such a shame they have not given this a proper official airing.

How did you watch the Blu-ray? Huh

Again...

I watched the VH1 airing "Guns N' Roses: Live at the 02 Arena" on March 2nd but it was only 1 1/2 hours of the show.  The entire show/special did not air on VH1, Eddie Trunk said for contractual reasons.  It's been removed from the Palladia schedule as well.

Is the entire show going to air in the future on VH1?  Will it be shown in the US in cinemas?  How do I see the rest of the show? confused

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FernandoR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »

How did you watch the Blu-ray? Huh

There's a bluray available for download at the gnr tracker. Full HD recorded from japanese tv.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »

Some of the songs are on Youtube. The editing is completely shitty which may be why it was pulled. Such a waste to see GNR employ a full camera crew to pro-shoot every show and then the result is edited like this.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »

The editing is completely shitty which may be why it was pulled.

Eddie Trunk said the VH1 special was pulled because of "contractual" reasons.

VH1 aired 1.5 hours of the performance, I watched it, so it must have been approved at some point.  I doubt VH1 would run rogue with the footage. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »

I actually like the editing on the blu ray, it is quite fast paced but never gets boring as there are so many things going on on stage that it captures loads of stuff, plus there are lots of great shots and angles like shots from behind Frank and shots of the crowd when DJ is standing on the monitors looking out and stuff. Finally i have some great material to show my stubborn old gnr fans how awesome this band is.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »

I actually like the editing on the blu ray, it is quite fast paced but never gets boring as there are so many things going on on stage that it captures loads of stuff, plus there are lots of great shots and angles like shots from behind Frank and shots of the crowd when DJ is standing on the monitors looking out and stuff. Finally i have some great material to show my stubborn old gnr fans how awesome this band is.

Totally agree, I love the way the London 02, 2012 pro shot is edited. I love the fast paced camera action, and feel that the angles are spot on. It keeps things energetic and moving, the way a GN'R show should always be.

It's definitely a different way of recording a pro shot, if compared to pro GN'R footage from 2006, and 2010... but I much prefer it as it feels like you are there, as it's so dynamic.  ok
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »

I notice at the shows there seems to always be someone filming, what are they filming it for and why don't we ever see it?
Also why film every show? It doesn't change that much from concert to concert.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #329 on: March 28, 2013, 02:11:49 AM »

I notice at the shows there seems to always be someone filming, what are they filming it for and why don't we ever see it?

Well how do you think they the get action from the band onto the screens behind them Tongue  And just because they have camera's rolling doesn't mean they are recording things, think webcams... Kiss
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #330 on: March 28, 2013, 05:36:03 AM »

The O2 was a different there was a full crew filming the show as well as the usual filming that goes on to feed the big screens. They don't have this at every gig.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #331 on: March 28, 2013, 06:25:11 AM »

The O2 was a different there was a full crew filming the show as well as the usual filming that goes on to feed the big screens. They don't have this at every gig.
They announced this before the show was played, via facebook iirc.  I remember this due to not being able to see this them in 2012 but a colleague from work was going and remember the conversation about if she flashed her tits at a camera, chances were that see'd seen on the DVD  hihi
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #332 on: March 28, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »

Listening to Estranged on Youtube--you can tell the mix is great. You hear all the instruments, including some nice guitar work that often tends to get lost.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #333 on: March 29, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »

It's a sold out arena, the crowd are in to it, Axl and the band sound great, Izzy shows up...Ohh and I'm in it! What more could I/you ask for.

Sure there are a few weird editing decisions and Axl's rasp was more intact in 2010 but all in all this is now my definitive GN'R home video.

Looking forward to Vegas show soon. Fingers crossed I'll be able to buy a legit copy which will benefit the band.

is that the 3 hour one that's available on blu ray?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #334 on: March 29, 2013, 10:42:34 PM »

Well how do you think they the get action from the band onto the screens behind them Tongue  And just because they have camera's rolling doesn't mean they are recording things, think webcams... Kiss

Aha, good point. I never connected the camera with the screens  Lips Sealed That's one huge camera he lugs around on his shoulder, while people get the same footage from a tiny phone  yes
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to those involved with capturing and creating the bluray......damn the quality is amazing! I LOVE all the proshot web streams, but this blows them away quality wise. My new 47" 3D just got here a week ago, now I just need the Vegas show!! Smiley

Axl is God.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »

Really really good concert movie! I enjoyed it with my childhood friends! We drank lots of Jack n Coke in the cinema. Got really drunk! Sang along and had a great fucking time! beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2013, 02:22:46 AM »

I've just watched this whole performance and it was amazing, the band on top form. Highlights were Chinese Democracy, Sorry, Estranged, Shackler's Revenge and November Rain. It was just brilliant, I decided to watch it with a bottle of wine and a few beers, and it was insane... such a cool experience.  Cool

GN'R are more than just a band to me, they are my life and inspiration... thank you Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses!!!... love
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #338 on: April 08, 2013, 02:32:29 AM »

It really is a fantastic watch. I've had it on when my friends are over and all are blown away at how GOOD the band and Axl are. Incredible!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2013, 03:57:35 AM »

so its out in theaters in u.k.?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22