Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:01:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Interscope/Geffen Blocking The Next Album's Release?  (Read 62245 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2014, 11:37:50 AM »

One other thing:

I'd also say that, of late, we've seen some progress, for sure. toward Axl "getting better" at some of the things we've seen from him in the past that I/we view as his "eccentricities".

Not being late on stage.  Reports of mending OTHER fences (both personal and professional...which you allude to above).  Trying to "make things right" more often (again, the shows you allude to).  All that looks like progress.

But...as we alluded to on a different subject earlier in the thread...you see stuff, but you're still a little leary to trust the change is 100% done. But all those points are great counterpoints.....and hopefully it's a sign of good things to come!

Very much agreed.  And I hope this latest batch of touring goes off without a hitch and leads to some momentum for the band.

I just remember the opening night of the 2006 Euro tour when they didn't take the stage until like midnight.  I sat there refreshing MYGNR praying to god he eventually got out there without a riot starting up and the whole tour being put at risk.

Fortunately, we don't hear as many stories like that on these last few legs.  Absolutely progress.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »

I think more because there's been no reported or discernable progress toward releasing new music.....and the theorycrafting that his disharmony with the label might be, at least in part, to blame.

If he's talked to the label, and worked out the differences.....then it's all on Axl and the band.

If he's talked to the label, and been unable to work out the differences...well, some of that is what we're talking about here. 

Again, we don't know.  Because nobody has said much, one way or the other.  It's all supposition (and, I think, labeled as such through most of the thread).

But what if BOTH sides agreed not to discuss any details involved in their negotiating the next release?  What if BOTH sides agreed not to 'point fingers' out of respect for each other & the release process?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2014, 07:31:38 PM »

I think more because there's been no reported or discernable progress toward releasing new music.....and the theorycrafting that his disharmony with the label might be, at least in part, to blame.

If he's talked to the label, and worked out the differences.....then it's all on Axl and the band.

If he's talked to the label, and been unable to work out the differences...well, some of that is what we're talking about here. 

Again, we don't know.  Because nobody has said much, one way or the other.  It's all supposition (and, I think, labeled as such through most of the thread).

But what if BOTH sides agreed not to discuss any details involved in their negotiating the next release?  What if BOTH sides agreed not to 'point fingers' out of respect for each other & the release process?

Let's be honest here, I don't think respect even comes into it regarding Axl's involvement with the label. After the amount of times Axl has pointed the finger in the labels direction for not funding, or offering support for Chinese Democacy. And even way before that, the label having digs at Axl and GN'R using various methods trying to push for a release for Chinese Democracy over years and years. I think both parties have gone past respect, and the term 'business' maybe better suited to the (GN'R - Record Label) relationship in the present. Back in the Illusion days, there may have been an element respect there (and I actually think there was alot), but I really don't think any exists between them at all today. Undecided
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:37:16 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2014, 08:40:11 AM »

Would be cool if they released unreleased stuff and demo's.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: