Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:05:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 75988 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: November 12, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »

Talking to Triple M Sydney's Becko Dizzy Reed unveiled some news about their new album!

Who better to tell us about some HUGE Gunners news than none other than Dizzy Reed.

As one of the longest remaining Guns N' Roses members (apart from Axl) and a patron during their famous Use Your Illusion era, keyboardist and drummer, Dizzy has seen the band through some wild times.

Speaking to Triple M Sydney's Becko, he revealed some details about their upcoming album that we reported on a while back.

"I guess I've got to ask you Dizzy...I also hear you're working on the next Guns N' Roses album?" asked Becko.

"There's a wealth of material that's been recorded and written and a lot of it's done, a lot of it's being done and I  know there's people going through it now and it'll be out soon," explain Dizzy.

"...and is that from a new session or from some old sessions a few years ago?" asked Becko.

"umm...it's just a collection of stuff from over the years, but you know, great great songs that need to be heard," revealed Dizzy.

He also talked about their recently released Appetite for Democracy 3D DVD from their Hard Rock performance in Las Vegas, a hilarious story of playing at Sydney's Eastern Creek Raceway back in the day with Rose Tattoo and their love of Aussie artists like Doc Neeson.

Guns N' Roses Appetite for Democracy 3D Deluxe Edition is out now. For full details click here and you can buy the DVD at https://www.jbhifi.com.au

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/2014/11/dizzy-reed-reveals-details-of-new-gnr-album/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »

"umm...it's just a collection of stuff from over the years, but you know, great great songs that need to be heard," revealed Dizzy.

Preach on, Brother Reed.  Preach on.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 01:38:42 PM »

From the quotes there seems to be some actual work being done right now. I think this looks more promising than "we hope to get together" and "within a year".

Dizzy saying there's people going through the stuff, I take it he means Caram and Axl selecting the songs for the album.

An update on that process would have been cool now, are the songs pre-mixing or pre-mastering? That would come into play as to what kind of time scope we're looking at. Hopefully we'll get that update when the track list is finalized.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:46:35 PM »

"SOON" is the word!  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »

Great news from Dizzy, there is beginning to be a real buzz surrounding the new album peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:52:03 PM »

My guess is Axl worked on selecting the songs in Vegas after the residency.  They're probably in the mastering, mixing stage... That's just an educated guess on my part.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »

My guess is Axl worked on selecting the songs in Vegas after the residency.  They're probably in the mastering, mixing stage... That's just an educated guess on my part.

There's a big difference in those two stages though. Mixing could take months, mastering usually takes a week or so.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »

While on the subject, I really hope they go against the stream with this next release as well and presents us an album with a high dynamic range mastering. Chinese Democracy was celebrated in the Hi-Fi communities in that regard.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »

While on the subject, I really hope they go against the stream with this next release as well and presents us an album with a high dynamic range mastering. Chinese Democracy was celebrated in the Hi-Fi communities in that regard.

Yeah, the loudness wars just suck.

I'm hoping for a proper vinyl release. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »

Sounds real solid through headphones, which is how I listen to most of my stuff.

You can really hear a lot of the nuance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 03:32:40 PM »

Yeah, the loudness wars just suck.

I'm hoping for a proper vinyl release. Wink

/jarmo

I second that. The whole loudness war thing is getting ridiculous, such a great way to ruin great albums.

But it's starting to sound like there really is something happening again in the GN'R camp, and that's always good. The expectations would be a little different this time around, as people now know that GN'R is not about repeating things that were successful before. CD was something completely new, and I'm sure the next album will be too.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »

CD was something completely new, and I'm sure the next album will be too.

Yeah, I think it'll be similar. Musically. Stylistically.

All the fans who keep posting that GN'R needs to release something new, I wonder if they didn't enjoy Chinese all that much, how they'll enjoy something that sounds somewhat similar. The same kind of departure from the classic rock sound that Chinese Democracy is....

It'll be fun to read those reactions.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »

All the fans who keep posting that GN'R needs to release something new, I wonder if they didn't enjoy Chinese all that much, how they'll enjoy something that sounds somewhat similar. The same kind of departure from the classic rock sound that Chinese Democracy is....

I don't get that vibe at all.

The only people interested in a further release obviously liked the last one.  If you hated CD, I don't see how you'd give a damn if they ever released anything else.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 03:51:29 PM »

I don't get that vibe at all.

The only people interested in a further release obviously liked the last one.  If you hated CD, I don't see how you'd give a damn if they ever released anything else.

It's the way it goes with certain things (bands, tv series, movies etc.) and with certain people; someone likes the way GN'R used to be but now when they have a new sound and a lot has changed, one doesn't like it anymore. But still he has the need to give negative comments about what's going on around the band. These people won't be satisfied with a thought of "hey, I like these older albums and thats all I need". That, in my opinion, would be just fine. You don't have to like something, just leave it be when it's not hurting anybody. But it's never going to be that way  Wink

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:53:27 PM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »

It's the way it goes with certain things (bands, tv series, movies etc.) and with certain people; someone likes the way GN'R used to be but now when they have a new sound and a lot has changed, one doesn't like it anymore. But still he has the need to give negative comments about what's going on around the band. These people won't be satisfied with a thought of "hey, I like these older albums and thats all I need". That, in my opinion, would be just fine. You don't have to like something, just leave it be when it's not hurting anybody. But it's never going to be that way  Wink

Totally agree.

The people that continue to hang around when they are totally open that they have no interest in the current situation don't make much sense to me.

I can't fathom the wasted time.  If I refused to accept the line-up changes, am I hanging around GNR forums for the past 10 years?  Seems counterproductive to me.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 04:06:07 PM »

If I refused to accept the line-up changes, am I hanging around GNR forums for the past 10 years?  Seems counterproductive to me.

But does it happen? Do people who don't think this band releasing the new album is GN'R still go to GN'R forums?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »

If I refused to accept the line-up changes, am I hanging around GNR forums for the past 10 years?  Seems counterproductive to me.

But does it happen? Do people who don't think this band releasing the new album is GN'R still go to GN'R forums?

Sure do.  The biggest GNR forum on the net is overrun with such folks.  Actually, just about every GNR forum save this one has them.

And some of their stuff is funny, though I imagine you'd be horribly offended.  You think the stuff around here is out of bounds.  You lead one sheltered online life.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »

CD was something completely new, and I'm sure the next album will be too.

Yeah, I think it'll be similar. Musically. Stylistically.

It'll be fun to read those reactions.

/jarmo

I know Axl has said in the past that if you don't like Chinese, you probably won't like the future release. But, he has also said that the new songs are a bit meaner and darker. That might appeal more to some people. I think Axl probably was referring to the people not accepting the new line-up -  who won't like new music out of spite.

The fact that Axl also said he wanted a more organic song creating process in the future could maybe lead to less complex sound scapes in new GNR songs. I don't know, but this could be the tipping point for certain fans that didn't "get" the Chinese sound.

For the record, I'm a big fan of Chinese, but I can see where some fans are coming from. Chinese was quite different from previous GNR music in some aspects, even though I think it's still recognizable as GNR.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 04:15:33 PM »

I'm not offended by stupidity or pointless waste of time. I just try to stay away from that kind of things in life. Unless I'm really bored!

That's why I have zero or very little interest in such fan sites.  ok

I think most people know that certain posters on the Internet would rarely act the same way if they had to sit next to the person they are posting about. If they knew what the artists they bash actually think of the post(s) or if they couldn't be anonymous at all.

Chinese was quite different from previous GNR music in some aspects, even though I think it's still recognizable as GNR.

Totally agree. It's still quite guitar heavy with amazing guitar work and vocals. Like all GN'R albums. You just need to look past the fact that there's additional instruments on the album.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 04:28:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 04:30:33 PM »

For the record, I'm a big fan of Chinese, but I can see where some fans are coming from. Chinese was quite different from previous GNR music in some aspects, even though I think it's still recognizable as GNR.

Some tunes, sure.

'Street Of Dreams', 'if The World' 'There Was A Time', 'Cather In The Rye', 'I.R.S.', for instance.  These would not be totally out of place on the UYI albums.

But tunes like 'Shacker's Revenge', 'Scraped', 'Rhiad & The Bedouins', 'Prostitute'...a bridge too far for some.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: