Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 75993 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »

It's not that I want them to re-record, it's just that if they do then they probably have a good reason for it. Like I stated originally, either way is fine with me. If you gave me three options to vote on:

1. Keep the original recording by the writer of the song

2. Re-record everything and use the best takes on the album regardless of who recorded the take
or
3. Just let Axl do his thing, he probably knows what's best for his vision

I'd choose 3. I am generally someone that will always choose 3. If thinking that my favorite artist knows what he's doing is silly, then I am one silly mother fucker.

Well at least you will never be disappointed or angry or let down ever with this band.   

As long as they keep making such bad ass albums I will not feel let down, angry, or disappointed because of whatever they decide to do. Album quality is the only thing I really care about. Sure, the performances have to be good too but they generally are so I have no qualms there. CD is my favorite album of all time. Whatever they gotta do to get me another one of those, I'm all for it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:49:45 AM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »

It's not that I want them to re-record, it's just that if they do then they probably have a good reason for it. Like I stated originally, either way is fine with me. If you gave me three options to vote on:

1. Keep the original recording by the writer of the song

2. Re-record everything and use the best takes on the album regardless of who recorded the take
or
3. Just let Axl do his thing, he probably knows what's best for his vision

I'd choose 3. I am generally someone that will always choose 3. If thinking that my favorite artist knows what he's doing is silly, then I am one silly mother fucker.

Well at least you will never be disappointed or angry or let down ever with this band.   

As long as they keep making such bad ass albums I will not feel let down, angry, or disappointed because of whatever they decide to do. Album quality is the only thing I really care about. Sure, the performances have to be good too but they generally are so I have no qualms there. CD is my favorite album of all time. Whatever they gotta do to get me another one of those, I'm all for it.  Smiley
[/quote

So what if all of a sudden Axl comes out and says we will never hear any new music.  We will never hear any of the in released material     Would you still be happy as it's still his vision. 

Myself I would still be a fan but I would be pissed.   And it's the above blind loyalty that I just can't understand.   
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2014, 10:24:21 AM »

Stupid quote feature does not work well on a iPhone
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »

Well in that case I would be disappointed but not angry with the band. It's not like I've invested money into their next album or anything. I have each GNR album so far and that's all I've paid for, so that's all I really have coming. Anything else would be a bonus that I would be really grateful to get my hands on. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »

Well in that case I would be disappointed but not angry with the band. It's not like I've invested money into their next album or anything. I have each GNR album so far and that's all I've paid for, so that's all I really have coming. Anything else would be a bonus that I would be really grateful to get my hands on. 

Agreed.

It would be a bummer, but oh well.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2014, 06:32:15 PM »

I havnt invested any of my money in the recording process either. But one thing I have invested in this band is my time and my loyalty to support them play live as much as possible.

To me the time is way more valuable than money.   I make money I don't make time.   I would be so pizsed not to be able to hear new music.   But again.  It's not like I would stop being a fan and all of a sudden stop listening to there music.   But I would be pissed
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »

I understand your feelings to an extent. I might be a little angry at first too. It would all be a part of the grieving process. But once I started to look at it logically, I would say:

I payed for so and so albums. I own them. I payed for so and so concert tickets to see Guns perform and I did get to see them perform (or got a refund), so I got what I payed for in that case as well. I have liked their music for x amount of time and have been loyal to them (whatever loyal means in this sense) so I should receive_____ in return.

Well actually, what do I have coming? I got what I payed for. I never got a shoddy product out of the whole deal. I even got some extra bonuses like being able to watch countless videos of them performing for free on the internet. It was nice doing business with them.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:36:12 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2014, 09:16:18 AM »

I understand your feelings to an extent. I might be a little angry at first too. It would all be a part of the grieving process. But once I started to look at it logically, I would say:

I payed for so and so albums. I own them. I payed for so and so concert tickets to see Guns perform and I did get to see them perform (or got a refund), so I got what I payed for in that case as well. I have liked their music for x amount of time and have been loyal to them (whatever loyal means in this sense) so I should receive_____ in return.

Well actually, what do I have coming? I got what I payed for. I never got a shoddy product out of the whole deal. I even got some extra bonuses like being able to watch countless videos of them performing for free on the internet. It was nice doing business with them.

I Happy Whit GUNS N' ROSES From 1987 To 2014, All My Life Whit Them

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: