Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:21:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 76137 times)
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 12:25:16 AM »

GNR should name their next album "Soon"   Grin

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 12:33:02 AM »

Thanks Jarmo. I remember that there was an issue with the way Metallica's "Death Magnetic" was recorded. I didn't know about this term, though.

yeah Rick Rubin really did a number on that Metallica record.  That record was filled with great songs too, the live versions on the livemetallica.com actually sound better than the studio mix.

Its ironic that both  one of the best mastered records of all time and one of the worst were both Metallica records.  The "Black" album is probably the best sounding recording I have ever heard and I know that is a popular opinion.  Even 23 years later it really is stunning when you listen to it, you can focus on any instrument at any time and hear it perfectly clear, and the tone on the guitars was ridiculous.    Bob Rock typically gets the best sound out of the bands he works with.

It was really impressive how Chinese Democracy was done, there was a lot going on with that record but it never felt cluttered, they did a great job.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 01:30:26 AM »

...to me Chinese Democracy was the next evolution of GNR from the Illusion Albums.

That's a great way to put it. From AFD to UYI to CD, everything has delivered something new to the fans and to the musical world overall. Sure some fans will be dissapointed, but you can't please everybody. That's the magic of GN'R, they do what they love to do, not what the record company or some people would want them to do. It happened with UYI and it happened with CD. Or does anybody seriously think that releasing "another AFD" instead of UYI or in the 00's would have been a better choice? That it would have been TRUE ROCK N' ROLL AND SEX AND DRUGS YEAH!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2014, 07:18:47 AM »

The loudness wars were a huge issue in 2008.

Heres an article written by Bob Ludwig about the Loudness wars and Chinese Democracy.
http://www.gatewaymastering.com/gateway_LoudnessWars.asp

I've mentioned it once, but I'll say it again, that to me Chinese Democracy was the next evolution of GNR from the Illusion Albums.

I am looking very forward to owning and listening to more songs along the lines of Chidem. Especially "darker and meaner".   love

I see it as UYI III. It's a little further off the path but most of the songs would have fit.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 08:42:47 AM »

From AFD to UYI to CD, everything has delivered something new to the fans and to the musical world overall.

Yeah. Even if it's something subtle as an instrument used that you don't associate with GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 11:49:16 AM »

There are songs on Chinese that as much as I?ve tried, I haven?t been able to, and at this point don?t ever expect to get into(Shackler?s, Riad, Scraped).
There are some songs I enjoy (Street of Dreams, CITR, Prostitute).
I like bits and pieces of some songs, song cool ideas, but as a whole they don?t do much for me(IRS, Madagascar).

Overall, I?ve just about exhausted Chinese. Just isn?t my bag.
Doesn?t mean I expect that to be the rule on future releases.
More the exception, since Chinese is the first batch of songs featuring Axl I couldn?t get behind.
Other than CD & My World, I love just about everything he?s ever recorded.

The Stones are my favorite band, and they haven?t put out an album I?ve really enjoyed in my lifetime.
Still I buy their albums, and am rewarded from time to time with gems like ?Plundered My Soul? for example.

Definitely not counting Axl out.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »

The Stones are my favorite band, and they haven?t put out an album I?ve really enjoyed in my lifetime.
Still I buy their albums, and am rewarded from time to time with gems like ?Plundered My Soul? for example.

Great tune.  That batch of tracks turned out to be better than I expected.

I actually really liked their last albums of new stuff.  Thought 'Bigger Bang' and 'Voodoo Lounge' were excellent, and thought 'Bridges To Babylon', though a cut below those two, still very solid.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »

...to me Chinese Democracy was the next evolution of GNR from the Illusion Albums.

That's a great way to put it. From AFD to UYI to CD, everything has delivered something new to the fans and to the musical world overall. Sure some fans will be dissapointed, but you can't please everybody. That's the magic of GN'R, they do what they love to do, not what the record company or some people would want them to do. It happened with UYI and it happened with CD. Or does anybody seriously think that releasing "another AFD" instead of UYI or in the 00's would have been a better choice? That it would have been TRUE ROCK N' ROLL AND SEX AND DRUGS YEAH!
Haha Cheesy
There were bound to be complaints from a certain sector regardless, if an album with similar content to AFD had been recorded and released, they would have undoubtedly been slated badly.

I found chinese democracy to be no less than majestic and wonderfully multilayered, very complex on certain songs and the lyrics were stellar, I related immediately.

It is still amazing listening to it through my headphones, mindblowing 6 years later. beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »

Chinese Democracy is absolutely an album that just keeps growing, still 6 years later. I totally agree! I'm happy that the already recorded stuff seems to be the next thing out. Can't wait to hear all those already legendary songs we've hears so much about. Happy really there's been no leaks out now, so when the time comes it's gonna be a blast!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »

I agree with you West Coast Junkie! Hearing more from stuff from the Chinese era will be a dream come true for me. I'm sure the most recent stuff will be great too.

I also agree with the sentiment voiced here that the style of UYI was a major departure from Guns' previous releases, and that CD was a well done continuation of that evolutionary curve. I hope the next album will be something of a concept album as CD was, with all the songs flowing into one another as opposed to the seemingly random collection of songs that was present on UYI. I love UYI, don't get me wrong, but I am a fan of listening to entire albums in one sitting and CD catered to this preference of mine more so than UYI did.

CD seemed to sum up many aspects of the music scene that took place during the time of its creation by incorporating elements from many different genres into the GNR sound. It was so well done. I simply cannot imagine another release with as wide of a vision as Chinese done with the same painstaking quality. I am very curious to see if they will be able to pull something like that off again. What kinds of universal themes will the lyrics address? What does Axl mean when he says that this album may be a little meaner and darker than the last one? I can't wait to see!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »

Chinese Democracy is absolutely an album that just keeps growing, still 6 years later. I totally agree! I'm happy that the already recorded stuff seems to be the next thing out. Can't wait to hear all those already legendary songs we've hears so much about. Happy really there's been no leaks out now, so when the time comes it's gonna be a blast!

I go back and forth on that.

I too would ultimately like the album to come out without any leaks.  But, cards on the table, I will pretty much refuse to believe anything is actually happening until something does leak.  Leaks happen when people in the chain who are working on it get sticky fingers.  That one guy that plays it for his girlfriend, but "she has to promise to not share it" and whatnot.  And then it gets out.

Sadly, I have zero willpower.  As much as I'd like to remain pristine, if there was leak that dropped this afternoon, I'd trample over people to get a copy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 03:41:54 PM »

I agree with you West Coast Junkie! Hearing more from stuff from the Chinese era will be a dream come true for me. I'm sure the most recent stuff will be great too.

I'm interested in hearing whatever they can give us, but specifically, I think I'd like to hear as much Bucket stuff as I could.  I felt he was the star of the last album.

And even though Bucket is long, long gone, Ron does a nice job playing his stuff live.  If Ron is actually gone too, they are in a world of shit for the live concerts going forward.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »

One would have to think Ron's ability to play in that style got him the gig in the first place.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »

One would have to think Ron's ability to play in that style got him the gig in the first place.

That's my guess.  And do guys like that grow on trees?

I've been watching new band stuff exclusively on Youtube.  The guitar outro to 'There Was A Time' is my favorite part of the entire album.  One of my favorite 2 minutes of ANY Guns N' Roses song.  Bucket just tears it up.

But if you call up a performance of that song from the past few tours on Youtube, if you listen to it with eyes closed, Ron pretty much nails it.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »

I've been watching new band stuff exclusively on Youtube.  The guitar outro to 'There Was A Time' is my favorite part of the entire album.  One of my favorite 2 minutes of ANY Guns N' Roses song.  Bucket just tears it up.

But if you call up a performance of that song from the past few tours on Youtube, if you listen to it with eyes closed, Ron pretty much nails it.

Yeah, Ron plays some killer solos.  I thought his outro on Prostitute this past residency was great.  IMO, my favorite Ron solo is the middle-finger solo on Nightrain (Glasgow '12, I think).
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »

Yeah, Ron plays some killer solos.  I thought his outro on Prostitute this past residency was great.  IMO, my favorite Ron solo is the middle-finger solo on Nightrain (Glasgow '12, I think).

Stop saying nice things....we all know its just an excuse to get to ur larger negative you hate the band "agenda".  Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Ron is a very diverse player... I think thats a good way to describe him. If he is not available in the future , I would think DJ and Richard split up his duties...just a guess.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »

Stop saying nice things....we all know its just an excuse to get to ur larger negative you hate the band "agenda".  Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Ron is a very diverse player... I think thats a good way to describe him. If he is not available in the future , I would think DJ and Richard split up his duties...just a guess.

Dammit, am I that transparent? Anyway, a DJ/Richard combo (assuming Ron is gone and no one takes his place) would have a much different sound, IMO.  Gone would be the hyper-technical, Bucket-ish shredding, which I kind of enjoy.  Shit, there I go again with praise. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »

Hahahaha

Can't win with our man, can ya?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 04:41:14 PM »

Dammit, am I that transparent? Anyway, a DJ/Richard combo (assuming Ron is gone and no one takes his place) would have a much different sound, IMO.  Gone would be the hyper-technical, Bucket-ish shredding, which I kind of enjoy.  Shit, there I go again with praise. 

We're on to you, buddy.  We're not fooled.

Someone at MYGNR broke down how many parts Ron covers in a standard setlist.  And its a lot, a whole hell of a lot.

And I don't get the impression that DJ could do it all just fine, but chooses to give it up.  I get the feeling Ron does it out of necessity.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »

Bucket's great, Ron's great, DJ's great, Josh Freese is great, Brain is great, Robin is great... That's part of what I really like about the Chinese Era. Having so many great players contribute to the writing and recording of the album made it that much more epic. I'd hate to see Ron go but I'm not too worried about what will happen next if he does. His caliber of musicianship is rare but so is Slash's, so is Buckets, so is Josh Freese's, etc...

With GNR you don't just get a diamond ring with one diamond on it, you get a diamond necklace loaded with diamonds.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: