Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 76138 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2014, 05:41:44 PM »

Bucket's great, Ron's great, DJ's great, Josh Freese is great, Brain is great, Robin is great... That's part of what I really like about the Chinese Era. Having so many great players contribute to the writing and recording of the album made it that much more epic. I'd hate to see Ron go but I'm not too worried about what will happen next if he does. His caliber of musicianship is rare but so is Slash's, so is Buckets, so is Josh Freese's, etc...

With GNR you don't just get a diamond ring with one diamond on it, you get a diamond necklace loaded with diamonds.

For the most part .. I have never doubted the ability of most of the guys as musicians they all bring something to the table

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »

Stop saying nice things....we all know its just an excuse to get to ur larger negative you hate the band "agenda".  Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Haha.
Prove me wrong.
Let's see how long your love fest lasts....  ok

Talking of TWAT, I don't think the musicianship on that particular track has gotten its due credit yet. Not only the guitar playing on it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2014, 08:39:24 PM »

Yeah, not sure how on earth his voice was able to go that high. It really is one of the great highlights of his singing career. I think people take that kind of thing for granted nowadays because so many of the vocal parts in today's music are heavily altered by computers and technology. So you hear lots of crazy shit, but most of it is phony and it's pretty hard to identify what's what so you get a little jaded about it. At least I did.

If he sung like that on an album back in the sixties people would have shit themselves. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:01:38 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »

Yeah, not sure how on earth his voice was able to go that high. It really is one of the great highlights of his singing career. I think people take that kind of thing for granted nowadays because so many of the vocal parts in today's music are heavily altered by computers and technology. So you hear lots of crazy shit, but most of it is phony and it's pretty hard to identify what's what so you get a little jaded about it. At least I did.

If he sung like that on an album back in the sixties people would have shit themselves. 

Rudy, someone sent me this quote- I think it is applicable in several ways to certain situations:

"Popular culture is a place where pity is called compassion, flattery is called love, propaganda is called knowledge, tension is called peace, gossip is called news, and auto-tune is called singing."- C.Jami

Was very fortunate to hear TWAT live in Vegas this year, it was a great experience, unbelievable! love

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2014, 09:02:47 AM »

Stop saying nice things....we all know its just an excuse to get to ur larger negative you hate the band "agenda".  Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Haha.
Prove me wrong.
Let's see how long your love fest lasts....  ok

Talking of TWAT, I don't think the musicianship on that particular track has gotten its due credit yet. Not only the guitar playing on it....

/jarmo

I'm glad that I can make you laugh   Cool

I have zero musical talent... so I tend to to form my opinions based on what others think about that (musical proficiency). TWAT, Prostitute and Better are my three favorites from this record lyrically and musically.

#renunionORbust !!!!!!!!!!! (bring back Robin and Bucket)  Grin

these threads are criss crossing a bit... but I strongly agree with Mortis about there are a lot of people who were very supportive of the new band but threw their hands up in disgust when half of that band walked out ...I'm not one of those people... I'll follow Axl till the end... but I more than understand those frustrations... its not a crime to admit

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2014, 09:32:58 AM »

these threads are criss crossing a bit... but I strongly agree with Mortis about there are a lot of people who were very supportive of the new band but threw their hands up in disgust when half of that band walked out ...I'm not one of those people... I'll follow Axl till the end... but I more than understand those frustrations... its not a crime to admit

People that have been mad for 10-15 years still continue to be mad.  That's not really news.

But among those of us that are still sticking with all this, I think you see a sort of line of demarcation around the 2012 tour.  That was really the first time they really seemed like they were running in place.  All the other legs from 2001 through 2011 showed something new.  New band members, new songs played, etc. 

2012 onward seems to be about looking backwards, not forwards.  They have based 2 residencies in the past 3 years on a 25 year old album.  Pretty hard to call that forward thinking.

Sure, there will always be people that treat everything they do as gold.  But if that is your mindset, would you also be onboard with Axl just reading the phone book?  Is everything equal, in so long as Axl does it, it's great? 

I think that's a pretty foolish rationale.  Some things are better than others. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:45:41 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »

I am on board just because of Axl and Tommy. I certainly enjoy what others have brought to the table post 1996 but my focus remains on Axl. Tommy is the only member post 1996 with a large amount of street/industry credibility and respect (plus I love The Replacements). The other guys are very good players, but I think they have all been replaceable at one point or another. The only one who can fill Tommy's shoes is Duff...so, I guess they are all replaceable outside of Axl.  Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2014, 10:08:16 AM »

/jarmo

There's some awesome underrated keyboard playing on it that I like immensely smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2014, 10:09:12 AM »

I am on board just because of Axl and Tommy. I certainly enjoy what others have brought to the table post 1996 but my focus remains on Axl. Tommy is the only member post 1996 with a large amount of street/industry credibility and respect. The other guys are very good players, but I think they have all been replaceable at one point or another. The only one who can fill Tommy's shoes is Duff...so, I guess they are all replaceable outside of Axl.  Tongue

Agreed.

Look how many line-up changes we've already rolled with.  We are totally desensitized as his point.

If Axl replace the entire band tomorrow, would it matter?  I'd have to say no, it would not.

I hear all the time that so long as its Axl, and it called Guns N' Roses, its a continuation of some sort of vision.  I don't really see anyone jumping ship if they all got sacked.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2014, 10:09:37 AM »

/jarmo

There's some awesome underrated keyboard playing on it that I like immensely smoking

Overall, the best song on the album for my money.  Its basically flawless.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2014, 10:14:29 AM »

I definitely agree that TWAT is the best song on CD.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2014, 10:16:18 AM »

I am on board just because of Axl and Tommy. I certainly enjoy what others have brought to the table post 1996 but my focus remains on Axl. Tommy is the only member post 1996 with a large amount of street/industry credibility and respect (plus I love The Replacements). The other guys are very good players, but I think they have all been replaceable at one point or another. The only one who can fill Tommy's shoes is Duff...so, I guess they are all replaceable outside of Axl.  Tongue

It has always just bothered me that Tommy admitted to not liking GNR prior to getting paid by them... I think others had similar feelings

However. He has since been a very loyal soldier... and you are right he definitely came in with great "cred"

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »

/jarmo

Are you Dizzy or Chris? lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2014, 10:28:22 AM »

It has always just bothered me that Tommy admitted to not liking GNR prior to getting paid by them... I think others had similar feelings

That was just such a weird comment.

Even if true, do you say it in the press?  Doesn't that sort of undermine the whole thing?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:28 AM »

If the album is the second half of Chinese Democracy, then chances are they'll be on the album...

It has always just bothered me that Tommy admitted to not liking GNR prior to getting paid by them...

Because he was in a different world. The Replacements were part of a different scene.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:39:46 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2014, 10:50:15 AM »

If the album is the second half of Chinese Democracy, then chances are they'll be on the album...

It has always just bothered me that Tommy admitted to not liking GNR prior to getting paid by them...

Because he was in a different world. The Replacements were part of a different scene.

/jarmo

Oh i expect them to be... Not a bad thing...

Understood about The Replacements... still strange to hear and admit.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »

Tommy would have seen Guns as a cheesy hair band in the 1980s. They were the 'enemy'. It is probably just as surprising that Duff McKagan ended up playing on songs such as Don't Cry and Back Off Bitch.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

People that have been mad for 10-15 years still continue to be mad.  That's not really news.

But among those of us that are still sticking with all this, I think you see a sort of line of demarcation around the 2012 tour.  That was really the first time they really seemed like they were running in place.  All the other legs from 2001 through 2011 showed something new.  New band members, new songs played, etc. 

2012 onward seems to be about looking backwards, not forwards.  They have based 2 residencies in the past 3 years on a 25 year old album.  Pretty hard to call that forward thinking.

Sure, there will always be people that treat everything they do as gold.  But if that is your mindset, would you also be onboard with Axl just reading the phone book?  Is everything equal, in so long as Axl does it, it's great? 

I think that's a pretty foolish rationale.  Some things are better than others. 

OneInAMillion was a poster who I think got fed up ...he's not here anymore... and he was one of the most steadfast new GNR supporters on any site.

He was obsessed with Robin. Hopefully he's ok ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2014, 02:23:48 PM »

funny Tommy mention in an article about Tommy and his brother Bob.........and Gnr

If Bob's death wasn't much a surprise to anybody, Tommy's current position as bass player in Axl Rose's new Guns N' Roses line up has most Replacements fans carrying on as if he was new band leader  on the Jerry Springer Show. Hey, if those people really care so much about Tommy Stinson why didn't more of 'em go to the record store to buy the record he made with his band, Bash N' Pop? I bought it and I say, "If Tommy wants to be in a really big popular band he's earned it." You don't have his Bash N' Pop album in your collection? Shut the fuck up awready. Nobody in the entire history of rock music has earned the right to a gigantic L.A. mansion and a collection of European sports cars the way Tommy Stinson has. If your silly little teen idol Kurt Cobain had recorded eight Nirvana albums that never sold more than a hundred thousand copies, then recorded another great album with another great band that nobody bought you bet you ass he'd be thrilled to be playing guitar in Guns N' Roses. That, of course, ignores the fact that he wasn't good enough to play in Guns N' Roses, but he'd sure be beggin' for an audition. One thing's for sure - Bob would be thrilled to see Tommy playing in Guns N' Roses. Maybe if he was still alive Axl would have asked Bob to join up, too. Hey! What if, instead of being in The Replacements, the Dogbreath Boys had done the traditional teenage alcoholic high school drop out thing and run away to Los Angeles around the same time Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin came in from Indiana? Now, THAT would be something worth traveling into the past to set up!

There! And I got all the way through it without mentioning Alex Chilton even once!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:27:06 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2014, 01:45:09 PM »

Hello my fellow GNR fans,

It looks really promising that the new album will be released in 2015.  Its refreshing to see Dizzy and others speak about the progress of the new album.
I really respect the opinions of the moderators and the core members of this site.

I feel that the new album will be released in November of 2015, in that Axl is now putting together the tracks.

Do you guys think CD will come out In:

A. Spring of 2015
B. Summer of 2015
C. November 2015
D. 2016

I am really looking forward to CD 2, it sounds like it will be harder and meaner. 

My guess would be late 2015/early 2016, of that list.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: