Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:58:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 51654 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« on: February 19, 2015, 10:26:34 AM »

http://rockreflected.com/1/post/2015/02/interview-dj-ashba-of-guns-n-roses-and-sixx-am-talks-modern-vintage-guitar-idols-horror-flicks.html

Add that to the mix..haha
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:34:11 AM »

This line is about 3 years old now... "Our main focus right now is obviously putting together the next Guns record and we've got tons of material. It's just a matter of sitting down and sifting through the pieces"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:35:18 AM »

you do have to laugh at the timing of that..... hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:42:48 AM »

I'm sensing a comeback of MASSIVE proportions is imminent with the release of new "remix" single Blood in the Water....Sing it "I see blood in the water" say what?? "blood in the water"! The Blood in the water world tour 2015
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »

Richard Fortus is in Cuba, Dj Ashba is in Japan and Bumblefoot is in another asian country. I don't think they will go back to the studio as soon as possible.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 11:19:16 AM »

Nice find, thanks for posting!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 11:21:27 AM »

So, given the timestamp on this interview, does this mean we can stop clinging to the crutch that DJ and Richard's comments are so different because DJ made his months ago?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »

So, given the timestamp on this interview, does this mean we can stop clinging to the crutch that DJ and Richard's comments are so different because DJ made his months ago?

Three days is a long time, you know? Enough to go from, ''I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon'', to, ''we were talking about doing another huge tour''!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 11:31:42 AM »

Go ahead! Go for it!

By the way, he didn't say when.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »

I don't think DJ is doing this to be malicious or intentionally misleading.  I think he's doing it subconsciously.

Think of it like a politician's stump speech.  They say that shit over and over and over again at every stop.  The words come out through sheer muscle memory.

So, when DJ is interviewed, he just falls back on his stump speech.

It doesn't make him the Antichrist.  But it does suggest we don't have to take him super seriously.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 11:37:18 AM »

It's a breath of fresh air, reading a member of gnr actually likes playing gnr music

Also it gnr would be record he couldn't live with out

Nice interview and you can tell DJ really does get it.  

So mb all this tour talk will be sourounding  the release of an album... 

Also just glad Dj said there was just talk of a tour.  Not a plan for one.   Big difference
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:41:30 AM by TheBaconman » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 11:39:27 AM »

That's a nice interview. If you can get over "he said this, and that guy said that" comparisons for a second.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 11:43:42 AM »

When band member A says ''yes'', and band member B says ''no'', you do not think that is worth pondering over?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

When band member A says ''yes'', and band member B says ''no'', you do not think that is worth pondering over?

A says "we plan on doing it", B says "not soon".

What's the issue? Nobody said "never" or "tomorrow".

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »

A says "we plan on doing it", B says "not soon".

What's the issue? Nobody said "never" or "tomorrow".

/jarmo

Talking about ''doing another huge tour'' presupposes that there will be ''touring''. The two statements flat out contradict each other, even when taking into consideration adverbial time spans.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »

It's a legit question.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »

Talking about ''doing another huge tour'' presupposes that there will be ''touring''. The two statements flat out contradict each other, even when taking into consideration adverbial time spans.

Please, can you show me the quote where somebody said there'll never be a GN'R tour? Or any kind of time frame where two statements contradict each other. And I'm not talking about what Dj said last year versus what somebody said months later.

Thanks.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »

I think painstakingly trying to concoct a scenario where both guys are "right" and there is nothing to see here misses the point.

I think the real takeaway from the radically divergent statements is that there is no real plan right now.  And that's hardly the end of the world.

bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 12:03:24 PM »

That was a good read. I'm glad DJ came into the band.
mortismurphy
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 12:05:07 PM »

Please, can you show me the quote where somebody said there'll never be a GN'R tour? Or any kind of time frame where two statements contradict each other. And I'm not talking about what Dj said last year versus what somebody said months later.

Thanks.

/jarmo

How can you not see the inherent contradiction between, ''I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon'', and, ''we were talking about doing another huge tour''. To put it another way, Fortus left these talks (assuming they happened) ''about doing another huge tour'' with the opinion that there is not ''gonna be any touring soon''.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: