Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:02:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 51656 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 12:07:10 PM »

That was a good read. I'm glad DJ came into the band.

I agree

I wasnt a fan of his at all.  Actually really didn't like him

But the guy really has grown on me and I think he adds a lot to the band and both guns and the fans are lucky to have him in the band
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »

How can you not see the inherent contradiction between, ''I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon'', and, ''we were talking about doing another huge tour''. To put it another way, Fortus left these talks (assuming they happened) ''about doing another huge tour'' with the opinion that there is not ''gonna be any touring soon''.

Is that your spin?

We don't plan on touring soon -> Don't expect a summer tour.
We were talking about doing a tour -> We were. They were talking. When? They might still might be thinking about it. Does it mean soon? No. Does it mean this year? Maybe, maybe not.

How many ways do I need to explain it to you that there's no lies involved?
Also, use your free thinking capabilities here. And not always to assume Dj lies to you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »

Talking about ''doing another huge tour'' presupposes that there will be ''touring''. The two statements flat out contradict each other, even when taking into consideration adverbial time spans.

Please, can you show me the quote where somebody said there'll never be a GN'R tour? Or any kind of time frame where two statements contradict each other. And I'm not talking about what Dj said last year versus what somebody said months later.

Thanks.

/jarmo

How can you not see the inherent contradiction between, ''I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon'', and, ''we were talking about doing another huge tour''. To put it another way, Fortus left these talks (assuming they happened) ''about doing another huge tour'' with the opinion that there is not ''gonna be any touring soon''.

I don't think anyone is saying guns is going to be touring soon.   So what's the problem

It could be possible that there have been talks to do a tour in the future.  

Neither of there statements contradict that
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »

Hey, I can talk now about planning on eating a hamburger. But not soon.

Does that contradict what I said?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »

Is that your spin?

We were talking about doing a tour -> We were. They were talking. When? They might still might be thinking about it. Does it mean soon? No. Does it mean this year? Maybe, maybe not.

Also, use your free thinking capabilities here. And not always to assume Dj lies to you.

/jarmo

Nobody is saying there are 'lies'. That is you bringing Mr Straw Man out as per usual. There is however an inherent contradiction in the two statements. The touring issue, when brought up, produces (at minimum) a vague positive from Ashba, and a vague negative from Fortus.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 12:23:51 PM »

Is that your spin?

/jarmo

Sweet Jesus, that?s a pretty semantic, hair splitting defense. 

So you think there are no inconsistencies between ?we?re going to be doing a lot more touring? and ?I don?t think there?s going to be any touring soon??  Ok.  Before, you noted the time separation between the interviews and said that something changed, sort of admitting the two statements are different, but that the difference in timing accounted for them so that each could be true without contradicting the other.  Now, are you saying these statements, even if they were made the same day, don?t contradict each other?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »

I agree

I wasnt a fan of his at all.  Actually really didn't like him

But the guy really has grown on me and I think he adds a lot to the band and both guns and the fans are lucky to have him in the band

I like his solos more than I do any of the others.  Any except Bucket.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »

Is that your spin?

Sure is.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »

Screw you bitter unfans that have to ruin every discussion here with your negative crap and trying to discredit anyone associated with this band, nobody is lying, you aren't being deceived so STFU. rant

I enjoyed this interview, thanks for posting-! I like DJ a lot.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 12:34:56 PM »

Well, that was helpful!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »

And who is calling DJ a liar?  All that's being said is that statements from both he and Richard don't match up.

Given that the big chief spend a good portion of yesterday furiously trying to sell that the inconsistency was due to the fact that DJ made his comments so long ago, its more than a fair question to ask what the new take was now that we have him saying it in an interview with a date stamp of yesterday.

Going so all in yesterday opens up the question today when new facts emerge that contradict yesterday's premise.

mortismurphy
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:32 PM »

Rather than 'lying', I place the inconsistency on a lack of communication. Sometimes these members seem as, in the dark, as we are and therefore fall back on vague 'stock' statements: ''yes there are plans to tour; currently, it is a question of sitting down and sorting through the material'' etc.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 12:46:17 PM »

Is that your spin?

/jarmo

So you think there are no inconsistencies between ?we?re going to be doing a lot more touring? and ?I don?t think there?s going to be any touring soon??  Ok.  Before, you noted the time separation between the interviews and said that something changed, sort of admitting the two statements are different, but that the difference in timing accounted for them so that each could be true without contradicting the other.  Now, are you saying these statements, even if they were made the same day, don?t contradict each other?

If you want to show a clear cut contradiction, the case would be made more easily if both people cited a specific time frame.  For instance, if Richard said, I don't think we'll be doing any touring in 2015, and DJ said we will be doing a lot of touring in 2015, then you have a very clear cut contradiction.

As it is now, I'd say the statements are definitely confusing, possibly contradicting.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »

Rather than 'lying', I place the inconsistency on a lack of communication. Sometimes these members seem as, in the dark, as we are and therefore fall back on vague 'stock' statements: ''yes there are plans to tour; currently, it is a question of sitting down and sorting through the material'' etc.

Agreed.  The answers always seem to be the same bullet points.  I'm not sure they ever really check back to see if things have changed.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »

I wonder if the basket was really a prank someone on the band played on him.

GnR's giving us the gift of missing them, so I'm sure we're going to see a lot of fake "leaks" coming and a wide variety of rumors.

One thing we probably won't see is a release date for the next GnR album. I think most of us would rather not know and let it happen when it happens.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure we can safely say GN'R will tour again. The stock answer that gets me a little is the "we are sifting through songs to get working on". It's become comical.

My hope is that the songs are practically done and ready to go....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:01:54 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 01:28:09 PM »

So you think there are no inconsistencies between ?we?re going to be doing a lot more touring? and ?I don?t think there?s going to be any touring soon??  Ok. 

No I don't, both can be true!

But for people who dislike Dj, this is just another reason to!

/jarmo

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 01:32:19 PM »

Just re-read the revolver interview with Axl. It's all there.."we have what i call the second half of CD & a remix album & after Vegas we will look at what we are doing in that regard."
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »

So you think there are no inconsistencies between ?we?re going to be doing a lot more touring? and ?I don?t think there?s going to be any touring soon”?  Ok. 

No I don't, both can be true!

But for people who dislike Dj, this is just another reason to!

/jarmo

Exactly! A band like this look at months like mere mortals look at days. If the plan is to start a huge worldwide tour in January 2016 say it is still something that's in the pipeline. Most bands announce gigs nearly a year in advance now.

Richard could easily have meant until after Summer or whatever.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »

Just re-read the revolver interview with Axl. It's all there.."we have what i call the second half of CD & a remix album & after Vegas we will look at what we are doing in that regard."

Yeah, but even this got parsed.

What does he mean by done?  Does he mean "done done", or just "done"?  That sort of thing.

Wiggle room had to be created, stat.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: