Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ARTICLE: My thoughts on the future of Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARTICLE: My thoughts on the future of Guns N' Roses  (Read 64786 times)
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2015, 10:59:42 PM »

Eddie Trunk did a quick Twitter Q&A yesterday and was asked what he thought about the future of GNR. He said that he had heard a lot of interesting things, but you never know with Guns. Take that FWIW.

A lot of people hear a lot of things.  Let's see what we can put together.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2015, 11:10:13 PM »

Sorry for not giving you more of an explanation in my post to you.  Although, something tells me; had I given you some of the points or all of the points in which proves you to be wrong, you would somehow come up with something else to maybe prove you to be "less" wrong. Who knows.  But I do apologize. 

Also, the GNR questions on what's happening next; I have said news will be coming. 

Maybe this is something, shit maybe it's more ammunition for the selected few to feed from it.  But we are working in rebuilding our current so-called webstore into something that fits GNR's brand.  Should be done here soon, a week or two I would imagine.  Just got our first mockup of the store a few hours ago.

As I said in my initial post, ... someone will lose their shit.

Nobody is 'losing their shit' over anything. If it is a well stocked store which serves the fan base with a variety of well produced products, I am sure most 'fans' will look at the new webpage and welcome it - I really do not understand how you perceive the fanbase in such a negative light!

Oh man.. you love a good bs story, eh?  How do we go from there to here?  I don't see anyone in a negative light.  If you have said and or done things in which I disagree with; it's my choice to ignore you or tell you how I feel.  With that said, with the TENS OF THOUSANDS of fans I have met, face to face, hand shake, hugs, pictures, etc... can vouch that I have and will always do all that is within my power to make he/she happy.  So, your insinuation of me mistreating fans or any particular "fanbase" is wrong. 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2015, 01:30:09 AM »

Sorry for not giving you more of an explanation in my post to you.  Although, something tells me; had I given you some of the points or all of the points in which proves you to be wrong, you would somehow come up with something else to maybe prove you to be "less" wrong. Who knows.  But I do apologize. 

Also, the GNR questions on what's happening next; I have said news will be coming. 

Maybe this is something, shit maybe it's more ammunition for the selected few to feed from it.  But we are working in rebuilding our current so-called webstore into something that fits GNR's brand.  Should be done here soon, a week or two I would imagine.  Just got our first mockup of the store a few hours ago.

As I said in my initial post, ... someone will lose their shit.

Well thats exciting.

In regards to merch... is there any plans to release shirts from previous era... there is some great designs from the old days that are very difficult to get.. would love to see some old school ones come back out?

Yes, we have discussed and we are working in putting something together that revisits all of GNR's tour merch, and/or merch in which was created at one point or another; find its history and make it available in some form.   

Thanks for taking the time to answer that question. It's very much appreciated.
Excited to see what you guys do with it, looking forward to spending some $$$ on the site  Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2015, 04:20:13 AM »

Oh man.. you love a good bs story, eh?  How do we go from there to here?  I don't see anyone in a negative light.  If you have said and or done things in which I disagree with; it's my choice to ignore you or tell you how I feel.  With that said, with the TENS OF THOUSANDS of fans I have met, face to face, hand shake, hugs, pictures, etc... can vouch that I have and will always do all that is within my power to make he/she happy.  So, your insinuation of me mistreating fans or any particular "fanbase" is wrong. 

But, but... They can't see you being nice to fans. They weren't there. I've seen this excuse used.... "Didn't see it happen, nobody told me, and if somebody told me, I won't believe it" that kind of thing.

They can only see you answering their, often negative, posts and comments on the Internet and therefore they come to the conclusion that you must truly hate all fans.

Talk about a generalization made to fit an agenda.... And by agenda I mean trying to convince others that just because you were singled out in a way, that the same applies to others. But I'm sure many are capable of thinking "wait a minute, he's not talking about the whole fan base, he's talking to one specific individual"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2015, 07:34:32 AM »

But, but... They can't see you being nice to fans. They weren't there. I've seen this excuse used.... "Didn't see it happen, nobody told me, and if somebody told me, I won't believe it" that kind of thing.

They can only see you answering their, often negative, posts and comments on the Internet and therefore they come to the conclusion that you must truly hate all fans.

Talk about a generalization made to fit an agenda.... And by agenda I mean trying to convince others that just because you were singled out in a way, that the same applies to others. But I'm sure many are capable of thinking "wait a minute, he's not talking about the whole fan base, he's talking to one specific individual"....

/jarmo

I think it's very safe to say....

FERNANDO > JARMO

hahahahaha... Just Kidding , not that it matters...but Jarmo, you are aces in my book.

I'd love to see this merchandise things come to fruition... I have the old half n half Illusions tie die shirt ...and if i could get old stuff like that, that would really be awesome.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »

Eddie Trunk did a quick Twitter Q&A yesterday and was asked what he thought about the future of GNR. He said that he had heard a lot of interesting things, but you never know with Guns. Take that FWIW.

I like interesting things, and am excited about the prospects. Hope it all comes to fruition, whatever the supposed plans may be.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2015, 08:36:03 AM »

I like interesting things, and am excited about the prospects. Hope it all comes to fruition, whatever the supposed plans may be.

You said 'excited' Tongue

Can't wait to see what the next chapter of GNR brings!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:46:52 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »

FERNANDO > JARMO

hahahahaha... Just Kidding , not that it matters...but Jarmo, you are aces in my book.

Haha. I agree!
I have no problems admitting that there's people with more knowledge about this particular subject than myself. Smiley

And thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »

FERNANDO > JARMO

Haha. I agree!
I have no problems admitting that there's people with more knowledge about this particular subject than myself. Smiley

And thanks.

/jarmo

Nobody buys that you don't know everything going on with Axl...haha

and as infuriating as it is that you don't share and never admit a chink in the armour... I respect that you never rat !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »

That all sounds reasonable.

But I have a question that many of us ask each other all the time. 

What do you feel you are gaining by treating this band like its the CIA?  Do you, or others on the team, feel you are gaining some sort of advantage maintaining near radio silence almost at all times?  Because, from what I see, it only seems to piss people off.  I don't see anyone really thanking you guys for it.

Just look at some of the reactions you are getting in this thread.  People are just thrilled you are talking to us for a change. 

So do you ever go back to the team with those reports and suggest that maybe with a little better effort at outreach, things would not be so contentious?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2015, 10:28:48 AM »

That all sounds reasonable.

But I have a question that many of us ask each other all the time. 

What do you feel you are gaining by treating this band like its the CIA?  Do you, or others on the team, feel you are gaining some sort of advantage maintaining near radio silence almost at all times?  Because, from what I see, it only seems to piss people off.  I don't see anyone really thanking you guys for it.

Just look at some of the reactions you are getting in this thread.  People are just thrilled you are talking to us for a change. 

So do you ever go back to the team with those reports and suggest that maybe with a little better effort at outreach, things would not be so contentious?

Some transparency sounds good in theory. Especially in today?s age where we are accustomed to it by just about everyone else.
But in the case of Guns, maybe they feel things are better off left under wraps.

Hey guys, just wanted to fill you in that similar to 23 out of the last 24 years, there will be no new album this year!
Andddd, our most technically proficient guitarist couldn?t wait for last years tour to end so he could leave GN?R to play with members of Disturbed!
By the way, our other lead guitarist decided he?d rather play with Nikki Sixx than Axl Rose!!

Make sure to stop by the store when it opens, whenever that is, and pick up some fresh GN?R merchandise, with graphics geared towards the past, when we had guitarists!
I could fill you in on the other members side projects, but 99.9% of you couldn?t pick anyone other than Axl out of a lineup, so f*ck it!
See you out on the road at some point!
Maybe.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »

it's hard to be a fan of guns n roses all of us We are Orphans of music, something new , you know? i love guns n roses , and have always loved , but it's really hard to be a fan of the band.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2015, 11:35:04 AM »

it's hard to be a fan of guns n roses all of us We are Orphans of music, something new , you know? i love guns n roses , and have always loved , but it's really hard to be a fan of the band.

It's not hard at all, unless you make it that way for yourself.

I'm having a great time being a fan, and I don't feel the need to get melodramatic and invent terms like "orphans of music" .  Roll Eyes

Sometimes you live in a prison of your own making.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:46:14 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #313 on: August 14, 2015, 12:14:55 PM »

I don't see anyone in a negative light. 

^^^That's something I don't get it.

Another thing I don't get it is ... why do you insist in posting in places where people obviously doesn't like you, your family, Axl or GN'R?

Do you think that if you are nice to them they will change their minds? Do you think if you announce something in 2 or 4 month they will wait for it peacefully? Do you think if you announce a new webshop they will be excited?

I've been in GN'R forums for the last 15 years and what I can tell you is ... there's no hope for those people ... they will keep ostracizing everyone who don't agree with their aggressive and negative behavior ... they will keep bashing everything related to GN'R post-classic era, including you and your relatives, they will keep acting like if they were the majority even if they are only a dozen of "bad boys" in an internet forum.

You are losing your time ... I think it's a nice thing from you for not seeing anyone in a negative light, but that won't change anything.

I hope that you can keep chating with real GN'R fans and I hope some more "insiders" can follow you.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:57:46 PM by GUNNER » Logged

Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2015, 12:53:19 PM »

Nobody is 'losing their shit' over anything. If it is a well stocked store which serves the fan base with a variety of well produced products, I am sure most 'fans' will look at the new webpage and welcome it - I really do not understand how you perceive the fanbase in such a negative light!

I can attest to that (fernando is always friendly with fans at the hotel.. on the show.. via PM on social networks)

*Thank Fernando for visit and leave this news for us  ..
We always welcome to have a better product on GNR WEBSTORE

Only a question..
By how many CD-s we still under universal contract? (1, 2 or 3) ??

sorry for my english  Grin
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:41:19 PM by Alpachiris » Logged

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2015, 02:14:45 PM »

FERNANDO > JARMO

Haha. I agree!

And thanks.

/jarmo

I've been fortunate enough to meet some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, thanks to GNR.

and then some that just like to mess around with me...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2015, 11:35:24 PM »

FERNANDO > JARMO

Haha. I agree!

And thanks.

/jarmo

No Worries

Its about time some of us get credit though......

Go Jays!!!!!

hahaha
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2015, 09:18:12 AM »

I've been fortunate enough to meet some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, thanks to GNR.

and then some that just like to mess around with me...

He called me nice! Woo!

Oh wait....

/jarmo

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »

Nothing new really, but Eddie Trunk again responded to a question about the future of Guns, "no real news, but plenty of rumors."

Very vague. Love to know exactly what those rumors are.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »

Nothing new really, but Eddie Trunk again responded to a question about the future of Guns, "no real news, but plenty of rumors."

Very vague. Love to know exactly what those rumors are.

I hate that sorta stuff

The "I know so much stuff, really wish I could tell you, but I can't"

It's crap

Don't say anything thing then mr trunk
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: