Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:37:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)  (Read 62575 times)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2016, 06:24:22 AM »

It seems pretty clear that this tour is about money, and Izzy's non participation is about money. And fair enough, that's just the way it is when a band reaches the 'reunite and play the hits' phase of their career. With the possible exception of Steven, I highly doubt anyone would be up there on stage for free or a nominal fee.
hsvhsv83
Opening Act

« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2016, 03:06:04 PM »

Money is the reason why Izzys not in, so Izzys is all about money and not about GNR...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »

Money is the reason why Izzys not in, so Izzys is all about money and not about GNR...

It's hard to say, as his tweet really didn't say much.  It does elude to the offer (whatever it was) being for a full time gig with the band, as he can't be dumb/crazy enough to want equal pay for a guest slot. 

If the offer was, in fact, for a full time gig in GNR then I have to believe he still would have made really good money.  It's disappointing that his ego would hold him back from joining on this already long, long past due reunion tour.  I love Izzy, but I can definitely understand why the big 3 would be getting more from this, as they are seasoned touring pros who are more iconic to the Guns N' Roses image and legacy.  I know, I know, look at the song creds and all that. More to it than that I'm afraid on the business side of things.

For example, if you think that if Mick Taylor re-joined The Stones tomorrow that he'd suddenly start making as much as Jagger/Richards/Watts then I have a bridge to sell you.  Same thing with Izzy rejoining Guns.

I also believe that Richard (or perhaps DJ if we're to believe what he said about Axl wanting him for this tour) was ALWAYS going to be in the lineup, Izzy or no Izzy, to "fill in" the sound.  That also couldn't have sat particularly well with Izzy, as it basically shows that he couldn't exactly handle the position of rhythm guitarist on his own in 2016, after taking a quarter of a century break from from playing many of these songs live, say nothing of the Chinese Democracy songs.  This would have likely solidified his position as "support" under Axl, Slash & Duff for a tour like this.  Lotsa things in play here that likely turned the old grapes sour.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:51:34 PM by sofine11 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2016, 04:35:12 PM »

It's hard to say, as his tweet really didn't say much.  It does elude to the offer (whatever it was) being for a full time gig with the band, as he can't be dumb/crazy enough to want equal pay for a guest slot. 

If the offer was, in fact, for a full time gig in GNR then I have to believe he still would have made really good money.  It's disappointing that his ego would hold him back from joining on this already long, long past due reunion tour.  I love Izzy, but I can definitely understand why the big 3 would be getting more from this, as they are seasoned touring pros who are more iconic to the Guns N' Roses image and legacy.  I know, I know, look at the song creds and all that. More to it than that I'm afraid on the business side of things.

For example, if you think that if Mick Taylor re-joined The Stones tomorrow that he'd suddenly start making as much as Jagger/Richards/Watts then I have a bridge to sell you.  Same thing with Izzy rejoining Guns.

I also believe that Richard (or perhaps DJ if we're to believe what he said about Axl wanting him for this tour) was ALWAYS going to be in the lineup, Izzy or no Izzy, to "fill in" the sound.  That also couldn't have sat particularly well with Izzy, as it basically shows that he couldn't exactly handle the position of rhythm guitarist on his own in 2016, after taking a quarter of a century break from from playing many of these songs live, say nothing of the Chinese Democracy songs.  This would have likely solidified his position as "support" under Axl, Slash & Duff for a tour like this.  Lotsa things in play here that likely turned the old grapes sour.

When did Izzy say he wanted the same pay as Axl, Duff or Slash?  For all we know they offered him 10 000 a show and he didn't like that.  Perhaps his number was 100 000 a show (his idea of his share of the loot)   I love assuming things, just as much as anyone else, it just seems people assume things here waaaaaaaaaaay one sided at times

Izzy is not part of GNR.  He has set a value on what his services would cost for the current band.  If both sides cant come to a deal, it is what it is.  Nobody is doing anything wrong
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2016, 05:02:42 PM »

When did Izzy say he wanted the same pay as Axl, Duff or Slash? 

I guess people get that impression from the wording of his Tweet: They didn't want to split the loot equally . Simple as that . Moving right along......... I highlighted the word that might give people that impression....

One of the meanings of said word is as follows:
In amounts or parts that are the same in size.
"the money can be divided equally between you"

You're welcome. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #325 on: September 15, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »

When did Izzy say he wanted the same pay as Axl, Duff or Slash? 

I guess people get that impression from the wording of his Tweet: They didn't want to split the loot equally . Simple as that . Moving right along......... I highlighted the word that might give people that impression....

One of the meanings of said word is as follows:
In amounts or parts that are the same in size.
"the money can be divided equally between you"

You're welcome. Smiley

/jarmo

haha, I can see how people could draw that assumption then

I am giving him the benefit out the doubt

Perhaps he was talking about the pay Richard gets for each show.  Perhaps he was offered less than Richard and just wanted a equal share.......   Perhaps....
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: