Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:37:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  VR section
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR section  (Read 41694 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2007, 05:29:32 AM »

No mate, the difference is that this board supports Axl in every way.

With all due respect RageNirvanaNIN, I don't know how many times Jarmo, Jimmy Bobby, myself and others have had the same conversation with you. I think Jarmo has shown you more than enough patience by explaining his vision of the forum to you........and yet, you still don't get it!

It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes. Sorry, I can't help you anymore.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2007, 05:34:42 AM »

No mate, the difference is that this board supports Axl in every way.

With all due respect RageNirvanaNIN, I don't know how many times Jarmo, Jimmy Bobby, myself and others have had the same conversation with you. I think Jarmo has shown you more than enough patience by explaining his vision of the forum to you........and yet, you still don't get it!

It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes. Sorry, I can't help you anymore.

I get the policy very well , 110% Axl blind loyalty lol , ahem I mean support the current version of GNR. I don't understand why in the fuck if you DO NOT like a band go into THEIR FUCKING part of the board? Thats all I'm saying if you don't like VR why in the hell would you go to the area DESIGNATED towards them. The whole reason there is a VR section is so no issues are started else where , yet certain members continue to lurk into the VR section and provoke and antagonize. I was never asking for your help in the first place, and you haven't help me at all.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2007, 05:58:20 AM »

I get the policy very well , 110% Axl blind loyalty lol , ahem I mean support the current version of GNR.

We're sorry if you see it this way.

It's clear that what we've got here is failure to communicate... It's been explained to you a million times. But one more wouldn't hurt...

We support what we believe in. Not someone who keeps on changing what they're saying any way it fits him...

I don't understand why in the fuck if you DO NOT like a band go into THEIR FUCKING part of the board? Thats all I'm saying if you don't like VR why in the hell would you go to the area DESIGNATED towards them. The whole reason there is a VR section is so no issues are started else where , yet certain members continue to lurk into the VR section and provoke and antagonize. I was never asking for your help in the first place, and you haven't help me at all.

We, as in the administration of this board (admin, global mods, mods), go there to moderate.

If we see something that to our knowledge is not the truth, we'll talk about it.

I hope I helped you.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2007, 08:46:54 AM »

I get the policy very well , 110% Axl blind loyalty lol , ahem I mean support the current version of GNR.

It's clear that what we've got here is failure to communicate... It's been explained to you a million times. But one more wouldn't hurt...

We support what we believe in. Not someone who keeps on changing what they're saying any way it fits him...

I don't understand why in the fuck if you DO NOT like a band go into THEIR FUCKING part of the board? Thats all I'm saying if you don't like VR why in the hell would you go to the area DESIGNATED towards them. The whole reason there is a VR section is so no issues are started else where , yet certain members continue to lurk into the VR section and provoke and antagonize. I was never asking for your help in the first place, and you haven't help me at all.

We, as in the administration of this board (admin, global mods, mods), go there to moderate.

If we see something that to our knowledge is not the truth, we'll talk about it.

I hope I helped you.

so if axl left GnR, and allowed the current members to continue under the GnR name, then you wouldn't defer to whatever axl was doing and ignore the rest of the band???

i understand where this guy is coming from totally. there is certain members and mods on the board who really dont give a fuck about the band, but just axl and what he does, if GNR broke up and Axl released his solo album tomrrow, this would be a GnR board anymore, but an Axl board instead...

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2007, 09:16:20 AM »

^Would the Axl board still have a VR section?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2007, 11:22:28 AM »

sorry MIke but thats a bad analogy, If they ever REMADE Star Wars U can guarantee the new actor playing Luke would be compared and scrutinized like hell compared to the original.

I see what you mean
And respectfully differ.
The current lineup

Is not a remake
But the next generation.
Take "Star Wars", again

Sir Alec Guinness
Has the classic portrayal
Of ol' Obi-wan

But in the prequels
The younger Kenobi is
Ewan McGregor.

They do not compete
But rather they are facets
Of the same key role.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2007, 11:49:52 AM »

^Would the Axl board still have a VR section?

i personally never had a problem with the VR section, in all honsty i wasn't a fequent reader of the posts, but from what i can gather, it was just a whole load of people who wanted to slate VR and reduce most of the conversations there to rubble.

i thought that it was good that this board had a section dedicated to VR, as it reflected what the old gunners were up to, and kinda made the whole site seem impartial. is it sooo hard to like both bands?? it isn't for me.... peace

Its not unusual for even official boards to include hwta the old band members are up to...take iron maiden for example, they include how clive Burr is getting on all the time with his illness, and he hasn't been in the band for about 20+ years.

is that what it takes for a reality check, an ex band member to be seriously ill??

or would it still be "yeah fuck slash and fuck VR. Matt is just a fat dick..."

people just need to settle down and realise that these are just bands, if someone in a band offends someone in another band that you like and it becomes a major issue for you, you need to take a step back like Axl has mentioned previously.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2007, 01:23:06 PM »

sorry MIke but thats a bad analogy, If they ever REMADE Star Wars U can guarantee the new actor playing Luke would be compared and scrutinized like hell compared to the original.

I see what you mean
And respectfully differ.
The current lineup

Is not a remake
But the next generation.
Take "Star Wars", again

Sir Alec Guinness
Has the classic portrayal
Of ol' Obi-wan

But in the prequels
The younger Kenobi is
Ewan McGregor.

They do not compete
But rather they are facets
Of the same key role.

Splash

/Mike

I agree with that slightly , But Ewen wasn't playing been in a Star wars remake. He was playing a him in a prequels.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
McGann
VIP

« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »

I agree with that slightly , But Ewen wasn't playing been in a Star wars remake. He was playing a him in a prequels.

That's my point, Big T!
Current lineup's a sequel
Rather than remake.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
SLCPUNK
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »

Oh McGann, as usual your Haikewl is absolutely delicious. Even more so is that you quote yourself as your signature-who else does that? Nobody, just the man himself. However your tinfoil is misused dudio, you let the darkness in and keep out the light. I hold out hope that one day you'll come to my side of the aisle, and use that tinfoil to keep the Rove Rays from infecting your brain even further. Come to the light man, we're here for you.
McGann
VIP

« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »

Oh McGann, as usual your Haikewl is absolutely delicious. Even more so is that you quote yourself as your signature-who else does that? Nobody, just the man himself. However your tinfoil is misused dudio, you let the darkness in and keep out the light. I hold out hope that one day you'll come to my side of the aisle, and use that tinfoil to keep the Rove Rays from infecting your brain even further. Come to the light man, we're here for you.

I've missed ya, buddy!
I'll fire you a PM
When I get a sec.

To stay on-topic...
Jarmo made the correct call
And VR's still here!

Splash

/Mike

-Mike McGann
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2007, 04:23:05 PM »

I hope I helped you.

so if axl left GnR, and allowed the current members to continue under the GnR name, then you wouldn't defer to whatever axl was doing and ignore the rest of the band???

i understand where this guy is coming from totally. there is certain members and mods on the board who really dont give a fuck about the band, but just axl and what he does, if GNR broke up and Axl released his solo album tomrrow, this would be a GnR board anymore, but an Axl board instead...

...failure to communicate...

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2007, 04:41:45 PM »

One more suggestion:

Can we get a sticky thread that only ShotgunBlues1978, Jim Bob, and Jarmo can post in... We can call it something like "The Faults of Velvet Revolver:  Talent Limits, Contradictions and Money-Making Opportunities!"

Tongue
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2007, 04:48:37 PM »

One more suggestion:

Can we get a sticky thread that only ShotgunBlues1978, Jim Bob, and Jarmo can post in... We can call it something like "The Faults of Velvet Revolver:  Talent Limits, Contradictions and Money-Making Opportunities!"

Tongue

What, like you, RageNirvanaNIN and Booker wouldn't find your way over there to argue?  If it weren't for us you guys wouldn't have anything to talk about
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2007, 04:53:25 PM »

One more suggestion:

Tongue

What, like you, RageNirvanaNIN and Booker wouldn't find your way over there to argue?  If it weren't for us you guys wouldn't have anything to talk about

I don't got to the GNR section and ramble on their faults , so why do you come to the VR section. We have a lot shit to talk about something called a

compact disk

( alot of new gnr fans don't know what this is , seeing as axl's has none with the new band )

interviews , tours , videos , lots of stuff. Instead you guys chose to come in and provoke shit , when you antagonize people you get arguments.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2007, 04:55:57 PM »

I don't got to the GNR section and ramble on their faults , so why do you come to the VR section.

You could try. Let's see how long you'll last.  ok

Maybe you can start posting about how GN'R owes you an album.  rofl

You still don't get it. Oh my.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »

I don't got to the GNR section and ramble on their faults , so why do you come to the VR section.

/jarmo

Im being sarcastic bro' , but thats my point Jarmo , If I did shit like that on the GNR board I'd be gone in a second , but it always goes on in the VR section. Double standards.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2007, 05:01:53 PM »

/jarmo

Im being sarcastic bro' , but thats my point Jarmo , If I did shit like that on the GNR board I'd be gone in a second , but it always goes on in the VR section. Double standards.

I'm sure if I went to velvetrevolverforum.com I could talk all the shit I want about GnR in the GnR section, but would get banned in a second if I went to the VR forum and started slamming them
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »

If I did shit like that on the GNR board I'd be gone in a second , but it always goes on in the VR section. Double standards.

You still don't get it.  rofl

I explain and explain......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2007, 05:14:43 PM »

That's my point, Big T!
Current lineup's a sequel
Rather than remake.

Splash

/Mike

Shit I was a little to buzzed earlier. Agree with Dog. ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: