Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 98734 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »

i hope it makes it on the news, on the media , magazines, let's try and tell rollingstone.com about this, they will probably make an article about it.

Yeah and then the general public will know both sides of the story instead of just one.  Slash should of known Better  rofl

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »

Just finished reading myself, and , well yeah like jarmo, and others said, Im like WOW!, that ws awesome!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »

I'm not gonna go saying I believe everything Axl said, cause that would be naive, but I think I believe him for the most part. He just always seems more credible than Slash.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2008, 07:55:21 PM »

I tend to now see Axl's side but does that change my love or respect for the old guys? Not one bit. ok

He did say in there that he completely understands that some people prefer  certain lineups and releases and that is perfectly fine.

Good

now maybe we won't get so much shit on here.

I don't think Slash is a saint. his book showed he had some very questionable character. I think u put a junkie with certain people in his ear, and maybe things happen that may not have otherwise.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »

Remember the truth is always somewhere in the middle

Quote from: Axl
Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slash?s book but I have the rehearsal tapes.

Try to twist that around.

/jarmo
Did Slash say something about the music direction in the rehearsals etc.  (still haven't read it)?

I know what he has said in public, but im interested if there was something in specific.

personally i think the break-up went a bit deeper then musical differences, slash says somethign similar to that in his book and Axl alludes to it in his post @ mygnr...

Slash says in his book that Duff and Axl had no interest in his 5 O'Clock material so he said fuck it and recorded with a new band, then axl came back later and said that he was interested in certain songs but slash said they were already done and recorded with dover, inez, matt and gilby...i dunno if the break up interests you then i recommend Slash's book definately, i really enjoyed it, but then again there are lots of peopel who will tell you its crap, but like i said i liked it

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008, 07:57:44 PM »

Wow that was one hell of an interesting read. And if you remember , Slash & Duff have shown a relunctance to change their music to back up Axl's claim. Remember when Weiland wanted to do a concept album but was shot down by both ? Or how about them not wanting to do "November Rain" ? To me it fits like that. Slash is a great guitarist but became locked into a certain style and never wanted to change , while Axl was listening to Nine Inch Nails , Pearl Jam and other bands to get new influences.
Anywaythewindblows
Opening Act

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »

Can anybody help me?

What does this mean? "Hope no one took wanting to stay on topic to personal" I don't understand  no

Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2008, 08:01:15 PM »

An amazing read indeed. As are the previous interviews he gave the last couple of days.

I truly hope he feels liberated telling the fans his side of the story - what a burden it must have been. I also hope the media picks up on this and gives the man his fair share.

Axl, if you read this: thanks man, for the great great music and for telling your story (your strength alone is true inspiration). What more can I say... Thank you, for being extraordinary.

Can't wait to welcome you guys back in Holland!

Bests,

N ! 3 |(

fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »

One thing that seems to be clear and true from both sides is that the line up was in the process of break up before and during the Illusion tour.  I would love to find out what happened to the tour documentary that was filmed called 'The Perfect Crime'.  Maybe that should be a question to Axl next time around.  That film would make fascinating viewing.

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2008, 08:01:48 PM »

Can anybody help me?

What does this mean? "Hope no one took wanting to stay on topic to personal" I don't understand  no

He just means that we wanted to stick to talking about one thing and thats why he didn't answer more of the questions over there this time.

And there goes the challenger...
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »

Can anybody help me?

That he decided to stay on one particular topic rather than answering a host of different questions and that  he hoped thatno one took offence to this.

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »

?'m curious as to how all this will play out in the media over the next week or so...interesting times to come...and by the sounds of it Axl has only begun to lay it all out!!! hihi ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »

I will be the first to admit, I am biased and have always viewed Axl as the driving force behind Guns.  Personally, I've just connected with what I viewed as his take on a wide variety of things.  From when AFD was released when I was 16, until now, I think the guy is simply nothing short of a genius.  I think it is awesome he took the time to provide his side of the story, and I believe it to be more representative of the truth then anythign we've heard to date.  All I can say is thanks for sharing..   peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »

i dunno if the break up interests you then i recommend Slash's book definately, i really enjoyed it, but then again there are lots of peopel who will tell you its crap, but like i said i liked it

It's crap.

One thing that seems to be clear and true from both sides is that the line up was in the process of break up before and during the Illusion tour.

Quote from: Axl
I like touring with these guys a lot more than the old band. The beginning was fun but it started going bad our first gig opening for the Cult in Halifax between Slash and I. That?s when the ok I put up with all Axl?s and Izzy?s crap now I?m gonna be the man trip started with him runnin? right out front on the ego ramp for the whole show. It was pretty funny.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Anywaythewindblows
Opening Act

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »

Thank you!  ok

Annie
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2008, 08:13:19 PM »

I will be the first to admit, I am biased and have always viewed Axl as the driving force behind Guns.  Personally, I've just connected with what I viewed as his take on a wide variety of things.  From when AFD was released when I was 16, until now, I think the guy is simply nothing short of a genius.  I think it is awesome he took the time to provide his side of the story, and I believe it to be more representative of the truth then anythign we've heard to date.  All I can say is thanks for sharing..   peace
When my Mom and I were watching that horrid VH1 Behing the music about GNR, she said, "NONE OF THOSE GUYS WOULD BE ANYWHERE WITHOUT AXL!"
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »

thanks for the read axl!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2008, 08:15:43 PM »

When my Mom and I were watching that horrid VH1 Behing the music about GNR, she said, "NONE OF THOSE GUYS WOULD BE ANYWHERE WITHOUT AXL!"

Mother knows best.  Wink

And there goes the challenger...
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2008, 08:25:57 PM »

Ohh yeah has anyone seen the Un-Authorized Biography DVD of the band ? It discusses the early years and the people interviewed said the band would be lucky to stay togethor. That they were gonna self destruct fast. I don't doubt by Illusion things were heading towards a breakup.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2008, 08:28:23 PM »

Simply stunning. A breathtaking read. Thanks so fucking much AXL!!!!
I've wanted to hear your side of the story for over a decade, and I finally got it!! Thanks!! And for you to give this story to the fans instead of to any media that I guarantee would be interested like Rolling Stone, is something that can't be overappreciated. This will go down in music history. Thanks so much man.

I hope I get the chance to get a question answered from you before you (hopefully not) end your long stint on the internet Grin

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: