Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 98823 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »

The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle

However, Slash has already exposed himself as being full of it in numerous instances, simply by completely changing his story on a number of things.  Example:  in his autobiography he claimed that him leaving had nothing to do with musical direction.  But in 1995 he was talking about how Axl was all into Pearl Jam and wanted to do songs like that, and how he hated that music.  He says that Axl rejected his songs because he wasn't into them musically.  So which is it?

All along Axl has maintained that he was perfectly willing to do an Appetite style album, and the reason that didn't happen is because Slash refused to let him have any say or input in the songs.  He has never wavered from that, while Slash's story has changed repeatedly.

Then you have the whole 4AM incident.  Where Slash first claims he never went to Axl's house.  Then admitted he went, but only to talk about legal matters.  Then admitted he went because he wanted to clear the air and apologize to Axl.  The guy is full of it.  He changes his story like he changes clothes

Meanwhile Axl's accounts, even though they haven't been frequent, have always been consistent.  Not to mention Slash was a full fledged alcoholic and drug addict in those days, so how clear can his recollection of most events actually be?
cpaxlvacy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »

i hope it makes it on the news, on the media , magazines, let's try and tell rollingstone.com about this, they will probably make an article about it.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »

I thought the part about fall to pieces was very interesting

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Erin
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »

This was a great read.

Two things-
1) I think Axl explained it perfectly. Had things gone down the way it was claimed (him forcing them to sign over) surely the guys could have gotten out of that.

2) I am going to need to know what the question was here. I've read it three times and I'm still not quite clear  Embarrassed

The sharing thing is interesting but even with all this time the complications of the red tape and trying to get something out fall on my world to sort and not theirs. They are amazingly supportive and do their best to keep me in up spirits and focused which I had less and less of in Guns way before Sweet Child caught on. If that were to change then that may be something to look at. I hope for us to grow more together as we continue so who knows

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 07:26:45 PM »

best year for any GNR true fan EVER!!!
thanx a lot Axl for clearing up things and shits around GNR

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »

Interesting read! I must say it's good to hear the other side of the story for once, Yet we all know that truth is somewhere in the middle, Axl is telling the story so it'll make him look better and the same goes for Slash...

I have to say I believe Axl's version of events is much closer to the truth than Slash's.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 07:29:33 PM »

Quote from: Axl
Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slash?s book but I have the rehearsal tapes.

Try to twist that around.

/jarmo

I'm not twisting anything around, don't know why you would say that.

I'm just saying that whenever two people fight, there are two people guilty...
(Above sentence might not really work in english since it's a dutch saying, but I hope you get my gist.)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the read.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »

I tend to now see Axl's side but does that change my love or respect for the old guys? Not one bit. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 07:31:18 PM »

very elucidative. amazing read.
now this one is gonna be all over the press. the war of the roses....
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 07:32:48 PM »

i hope it makes it on the news, on the media , magazines, let's try and tell rollingstone.com about this, they will probably make an article about it.

I doubt you'll even have to. This'll probably be all over the place by tomorrow morning.

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »

I'm just saying that whenever two people fight, there are two people guilty...
(Above sentence might not really work in english since it's a dutch saying, but I hope you get my gist.)

I get it.

In English it means "as a Slash fan, I don't think Slash lies".  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:04 PM »

I've been waiting for this since god knows when, i want to sincerely thank you Axl for that letter beer

he called them nuGuns and oldGuns...hahahhaha, oh how much flack i've gotten for calling them NuGnR  rofl

as for Axl's version vs Slash's version...thats for the 2 of them to sort out, i could care less, at least i know where they both stand in their own minds, I'll make my own decision as to what happened based on what info is out and whatever else comes out over time. but i think its somethign we'll never ever know what exactly happened cuz none of us were there...this puts alot of things in perspective though ok As to Slash lying or Axl lying, it matters not, they can only tell the truth they know or think they know, working out any differences is up to them not to us, hopefully one day they figure everything out, if they dont then so be it, i willl continue to support both guys as long as they make music that i enjoy  beer

cheers again Axl your openness the last few days is fucking amazing, i love it  ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »

I would love to hear Axl's take on how much the drugs etc had an effect on Slash/Duff etc's behaviors.

I would also love to hear his full account when Slash came to his house.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »

I tend to now see Axl's side but does that change my love or respect for the old guys? Not one bit. ok

He did say in there that he completely understands that some people prefer  certain lineups and releases and that is perfectly fine.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »

he called them nuGuns and oldGuns...hahahhaha, oh how much flack i've gotten for calling them NuGnR  rofl

In regard to nuGuns, I get that sometimes it helps to be able to clarify. Personally I call this Guns and the Illusions or previous lineups old Guns.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Erin
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 07:42:16 PM »

I would love to hear that, too.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 07:44:52 PM »

He did say in there that he completely understands that some people prefer  certain lineups and releases and that is perfectly fine.

imagine that....  its ok if some people prefer the old lineup

In regard to nuGuns, I get that sometimes it helps to be able to clarify. Personally I call this Guns and the Illusions or previous lineups old Guns.

/jarmo

I've only ever used nu when talking about both lineups... (well after a while i threw it in a couple times just to piss peopel off cuz it bothered them so bad hihi ) but for the most part i call them gnr unless i'm tryign to differentiate between 2 different era's  peace

efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 07:45:48 PM »

I would love to hear that, too.

Funny I was thinking of asking that question in the other thread but decided against it. Would be interesting to hear that.
makane
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 07:49:06 PM »

Remember the truth is always somewhere in the middle

Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slash?s book but I have the rehearsal tapes.

Try to twist that around.

/jarmo
Did Slash say something about the music direction in the rehearsals etc.  (still haven't read it)?

I know what he has said in public, but im interested if there was something in specific.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: