Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227961 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Protagonism of the three guitarists
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Protagonism of the three guitarists  (Read 3151 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 10:22:57 PM »

1) Do you agree with me about Robin being the most protagonist band member (live) after Axl?

Yes, no doubt. He gets most of the flashy parts, and also looks the most rock n' roll.

2) [if you agree] Do you think that this protagonism is ''natural'', i mean, something spontaneous, or do you think it is something promoted and planned by Axl?

I think it's coincidental.

3) [about 2001-2002] Could it be that Robin was ''eclipsed'' or ''inhibited'' by Buckethead those days?

He was eclipsed by looking like a freak.

4) How would you rank, from more to less protagonism, the current three guitarists?

I wouldn't go that far. This isn't Star Wars.

i agree but bucket head i dont think was the typical freak like he was cool but he had that look that was just....just........lets call it "different" Cool i thought it gave the interest feel to Guns'n'Roses when he was with them because if you were a guy/gal that walked by a picture of him with his bucket head thing on with a guitar in hand wouldn't you be interested in what that sounds like? i would yes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 10:52:50 PM »

What I don't understand is the obsession with copying and pasting your topic on every forum. I hate going to different sites and seeing the same dumbass copy and pasted shit. Why couldn't it be left for MYGNRFORUM.com only... Start a different topic with whole new words and thoughts... perhaps that would be too hard...  rant
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 02:01:35 AM »

What I don't understand is the obsession with copying and pasting your topic on every forum. I hate going to different sites and seeing the same dumbass copy and pasted shit. Why couldn't it be left for MYGNRFORUM.com only... Start a different topic with whole new words and thoughts... perhaps that would be too hard...? rant

well some of us aren't apart of MYGNRFORUM.com, like me. besides i would think that they all have the same info on G'n'R right? so why be on all if you can just be on of one and get the same thing? Huh
headscratch
how many diff. G'n'R forums are you guys apart of? i think Efish is like 3 or 4 hell he has one of his own and so do some others on this bored.

smoking

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 02:05:40 AM »

What I don't understand is the obsession with copying and pasting your topic on every forum. I hate going to different sites and seeing the same dumbass copy and pasted shit. Why couldn't it be left for MYGNRFORUM.com only... Start a different topic with whole new words and thoughts... perhaps that would be too hard...  rant

I dont know why the fuck you are saying this. These questions in this topic were in my mind for a long time and I never seen a thread like this in other forums, even when I am registered in almost all ''famous'' GNR forums.

Do you know another guy that made a thread without knowing the proper meaning of the word ''protagonism'' like me?  hihi

Anyway, fuck off.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »

I learned a new word today, I think this thread is... wait for it... meretricious! It has been created just for you to use your new word  Grin

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 12:38:41 PM »

I kind of miss Robin's goth look.

I think Robin is much happier with Buckethead gone, but Robin always had the charisma. Robin is what got me interested to GNR again.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 03:21:34 PM »

1) Do you agree with me about Robin being the most protagonist band member (live) after Axl?

Yes. Robin is clearly the number 2 man at Guns live shows these days (i.e. 06-07). He's certainly the guy (I would think) most people end up following around stage after Axl.

2) [if you agree] Do you think that this protagonism is ''natural'', i mean, something spontaneous, or do you think it is something promoted and planned by Axl?

I think more than anything it has to do with Robin feeling as if he surrendered his #2 position to Bucket (see below)- and never wanting to allow that to happen again. Hell, the guy began his involvement with the band in 1997 when Duff and Matt Sorum were STILL around. He's apparently a big song-writing force on the new album. Then all of sudden Bucket came in and took over his position. I think after 2002 he realized that he would have to step up his game both playing wise and appearance wise to preserve his role. He's done both quite successfully in my mind.

3) [about 2001-2002] Could it be that Robin was ''eclipsed'' or ''inhibited'' by Buckethead those days?

Yes. I do. See above. I think Axl was still a little bitter towards Robin and the whole NIN tour departure thingy in '99 too.... that might have contributed to a greater concentration on Buckethead at the expense of Robin as well.

4) How would you rank, from more to less protagonism, the current three guitarists?

I think for the moment, I would have to go:

1. Robin
2. Richard
3. Bumblefoot (who is IMHO the best player)

Bumblefoot is an amazing player- but in some ways he's kind of the "Gilby Clarke" of the new band. Basically there to replicate everything that the guy before him did playing wise and be a more harmonious band member off stage.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 03:23:53 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 04:41:55 PM »

Yes

I believe it is because Robin is pissed outta his head at the shows, there is a video of Axl introducing the band and Robins over on Axls left without a guitar and wandering around struggling to stand up

Yes because a man with a mask on his face and a KFC bucket on his head is always going to stand out no matter what the other members do.

1. Robin
2.Ron
3.Richard

But its by an extremerly small margin that Ron beats Richard.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »

I've always said Robin was the heart and soul of GNR (Better proved it Grin) but to show how important Robin is, go back and read the interview with Brian May about recording with Axl and it shows how devestated Axl was when he left.

But I also think Bucketheads departure affected him deeply too Undecided

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »

I've always said Robin was the heart and soul of GNR (Better proved it Grin) but to show how important Robin is, go back and read the interview with Brian May about recording with Axl and it shows how devestated Axl was when he left.

But I also think Bucketheads departure affected him deeply too Undecided

I took Buckethead leaving pretty hard myself. It would be great to still have him around. When I found out he left, it was kind-of-like de-ja-vu with Slash leaving.

Only not quite as bad.    nervous

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: