Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227848 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2006 Intro question
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2006 Intro question  (Read 17546 times)
Axls Rosed
Opening Act

It allready sounds better than contraband

« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2006, 10:08:53 AM »

anyone know where this soundtrack is from?

It's from war of the worlds

No. I will say it again : I CHECKED THE EVERY SINGLE SCENE IN THE MOVIE FOR THIS SONG, AND IT IS NOT FROM THE WAR OF THE WORLDS!!

I'M TELLIING YOU, IT'S FROM THAT MOVIE, IT'S RE-ORCHESTRATED BY MR PIT(T)MAN, BUT IT'S FROM THAT MOVIE.  FROM WHEN THOSE GIANT MACHINES ARE SURCHING FOR PEOPLE TO SUCK UP.

Chinese democracy starts whenever the ablum drops
Edward Rose
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »

^^^^

You are correct. But some people don't know anything about performing Live. Funny too, because the person who REALLY needs to get their hands on this intro music is a Live performer.  hihi

Do some detetctive work and you can figure out who it is.
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »

I say youTube the part if you're so sure.

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »

put it on youtube or shut up

I am 99% certain that it is not it

Now, anyone else have any other ideas?

Behold, the evil that men do...
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2006, 03:00:29 PM »

put it on youtube or shut up

I am 99% certain that it is not it

Now, anyone else have any other ideas?

hahaha.  seriously... if they are so certain, they ought to youTube it.

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Edward Rose
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »

I'm 100% certain that some of the noises in the Guns intro ARE from The War of The Worlds. I even have the entire Guns intro audio on DV from my filming at MSG. But I'm not gonna post something that is the property of Guns n' Roses for people who don't know shit about Live performing and music composition. This entire thread is based on an ASSUMPTION that the ENTIRE intro is a direct rip from a soundtrack song. You're wrong.

The Tribute band who needs this audio should just re-compose it if they're so talented. But the tribute band's biggest problem right now is that they can't get a good recording of the audio... even to re-compose it, because the tribute band is in England right now and Guns ISN'T. All they have to go on right now is YouTube videos, which don't have the entire intro clealrly enough to re-compose it.  hihi
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:27:55 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »

Or the download leak. Tongue
Edward Rose
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2006, 04:45:25 PM »

Or the download leak. Tongue

I'm not sure what you mean.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2006, 05:27:49 PM »

i'm sorry but i don't know what you're talkin about

there's a very good recording of the intro, i have it in my comp, from the Novarock bootleg.. it's an audience recording yes, but it's very good quality

I don't know, but from what I remember from Richard's mail it seems that the intro is indeed part of a movie soundtrack, i don't think it's been retouched, but who knows

Edward Rose
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2006, 05:51:52 PM »

When members of Guns say things to reliable media sources, everyone online finds a way to fuck it up. If Richard said something in an eMail, I wouldn't take it literally to mean that the entire intro came directly from a movie soundtrack. In fact, I would expect a band that plays mostly original music to add to the movie sounds rather than go the simple route.

No disrespect to the tribute band though. I think they should just take the sounds of the tripod machine in the War of The Worlds soundtrack and make an intro that sounds similar. 99% of their fans won't know the difference.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:13:30 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2006, 08:23:18 AM »

I don't think you know...why would they go that much trouble to re-orchestrate a song and add noises from the movies?

I believe the intro is from a film. It sounds like the beginning of a film to me. If you have proof, post it. Otherwise, your argument is just an opinion, like mine is.

plus, your excuse for not posting it does not hold water.....we have ALWAYS traded live songs here, and no one has a problem with it. There are millions of things on YouTube from Guns...I don't think one more is going to change any thing

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:06 AM »

I must admit I have been very intrigued to find out where this intro music is from, but does even this thread have to turn into a bloody argument?

Mike

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »

You can hear the intro pretty well in the Youtube clip of WTTJ from the Chicago show (11/27).  I've not seen War of the Worlds, so I can't provide my testimony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj58oBaLL-g

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2006, 12:01:40 PM »

dont wanna argue, just won't take someone's word without proof

sorry if seemed argumentative, I just would like to have a studio version of that song

Edward Rose
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2006, 10:52:08 PM »

I don't think you know...why would they go that much trouble to re-orchestrate a song and add noises from the movies?

I believe the intro is from a film. It sounds like the beginning of a film to me. If you have proof, post it. Otherwise, your argument is just an opinion, like mine is.

plus, your excuse for not posting it does not hold water.....we have ALWAYS traded live songs here, and no one has a problem with it. There are millions of things on YouTube from Guns...I don't think one more is going to change any thing

Trouble? Pitman could come up with some sounds and add them to the WOTW Tripod noises in like, a couple of hours. In fact, as an artist, I would be more embarrased if fans knew that my band just used 2 minutes of audio from a soundtrack than if my band used some skill and came up with something to ADD to the space ship illusion... with some added original music.

Unlike the millions of things on YouTube, I was given permission to record what I have. And it WASN'T to use "for any and all artistic purposes what so ever." (to put it in technical terms) So I'm not going to jeopardize MY artistic future to prove something to a tribute band that's just too lazy or untalented to write something similar on their own... even though their audience wouldn't know the difference if they have the skill to make it sound close.

And besides that, I was simply saying that I know for certain that the noises from the Tripods in WOTW are in the Guns intro. But I'm not going to sit here and waste my time creating an audio file that has a piece of the Guns intro and a piece of the WOTW noises to prove it to a tribute band that's just too lazy or untalented to write something similar on their own... even though their audience wouldn't know the difference if they have the skill to make it sound close.

dont wanna argue, just won't take someone's word without proof

sorry if seemed argumentative, I just would like to have a studio version of that song

You're right. It SHOULDN'T be an argument. But it's happening because someone is really adamant about getting a good copy of the recording because it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy important to them. It's so important that the resistance has the illusion of coming from more than one board member.  hihi
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:07:13 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2006, 09:36:32 AM »

whats the orchestral music that gnr play before jungle? anyone know? what do you think of it? i think its really cool!
Edward Rose
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2006, 10:00:53 PM »

whats the orchestral music that gnr play before jungle? anyone know? what do you think of it? i think its really cool!

Seriously?

------------------------
Derek Zoolander- "So why do they use male models for assassinations?"
Character played by David Duchovney- "Seriously?... I, I just explained it."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: