Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adam Bomb talks to Izzy about GNR reunion ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adam Bomb talks to Izzy about GNR reunion ???  (Read 12580 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« on: May 19, 2006, 03:18:01 AM »

Here is a quote by Adam Bomb .   Someone posted this on Metal sludge.

"Funnily enough, Izzy Stradlin called me the same day the tour ended. We spoke for 2 hours. He wanted to come to Portugal to jam with us. To me he was more interested in checking, on behalf of Axl Rose, Steven?s real conditions for an eventual Guns N' Roses reunion. I told Izzy that I had to leave the tour because Adler was out of control and probably he wasn?t able to reach Portugal. And he didn?t."

Maybe the rumors about talks regarding a reunion were not lies.
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 03:19:41 AM »

Axl said we have to find Adler a 1000 brown M&M's before he hits up portugal.  Shocked

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 03:21:27 AM »

Well, in my opinion a reunion still doesn't make sense, I mean if he releases Chinese Democracy and then a re-union happens, it's going to be funny to see them playing 9 old songs and 9 new ones the new incarnation made. However, if Axl hasn't released C.D by next year and is still playing setlists 3/4 full of old songs... then yeah, a reunion makes sense. peace
Origen
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 03:21:56 AM »

A) Axl bomb isn't the most reliable person in the world.

B) It's from Metalsludge, enough said.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 03:22:17 AM »

Isn't Adam Bomb as fucked up as Steven is?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 03:27:36 AM »

Well, in my opinion a reunion still doesn't make sense, I mean if he releases Chinese Democracy and then a re-union happens, it's going to be funny to see them playing 9 old songs and 9 new ones the new incarnation made. However, if Axl hasn't released C.D by next year and is still playing setlists 3/4 full of old songs... then yeah, a reunion makes sense. peace
Good post, and I pretty much agree with it, but I will go out on an even bigger limb. If AFD is still dominating the setlist for the Euro tour, then its time to call Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Steven/Matt. Riding on AFD cruise control when you have been working on a trilogy for almost a decade is ridiculous. Like I said in another thread, if they're gonna do 85% old stuff, just bring back the old guys.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 03:31:05 AM »

Dont think there is much chance of a reunion. But if there was there'd be no way Axl would want Steven back. Doesnt Axl totally hate him? If there was to be an "original" drummer itd be Matt.

However, as fucked up a person as he is, I still think he was an excellent drummer. Dont know what hes like lately - havent been following Adler's Appetite.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 03:35:41 AM »

Whenever a reunion is mentioned, it's talked about as something permanent. I highly doubt this would be the case. I think a reunion, in GN'R's case would be comprised of a series of live concerts (or maybe only just a couple of shows in big cities) and then that's it, because even though money might be able to motivate you to rehearse some pre-existing songs and play them live a few times, it's not going to buy you the chemistry you need to work together full time again. If the original GN'R got back together again, it would probably just be a ticking bomb.

But I'm not betting my money on a reunion any time soon, and frankly, at this point, I wouldn't want one.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 03:36:10 AM »

Yeah Adam Bomb was right there fucked up alongside of Adler.......very unreliable source. ?Just doing it for publicity I would say.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 03:36:15 AM »

Dont think there is much chance of a reunion. But if there was there'd be no way Axl would want Steven back. Doesnt Axl totally hate him? If there was to be an "original" drummer itd be Matt.

However, as fucked up a person as he is, I still think he was an excellent drummer. Dont know what hes like lately - havent been following Adler's Appetite.

adler is a mess.... he would never make it..... period...
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 03:40:58 AM »

adler is a mess.... he would never make it..... period...

LOL, I remember reading a recent-ish interview with Adler and he was saying that he only drinks now and smokes the occassional joint.  hihi
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 03:43:36 AM »

Yes, it's an occasional joint because the rest of his time is consumed by blow!  hihi
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:47:00 AM »

Adler can't play the songs anymore. He's too fucked up. No energy, no rythm no

Talking about reunion is pointless. This line-up is on fire. Period peace

In fact, I don't want the old line-up to reunite. Not anymore. It would make no sense, No with the release of Chinese Democracy.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 05:02:03 AM »

adam bomb is a cunt, i don't trust a word he says.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 05:14:15 AM »

Axl said we have to find Adler a 1000 brown M&M's before he hits up portugal.  Shocked

lmao

..... in the end we had to beat him to death with his own shoe but shaw enough we got the M&M's and Adler went on to perform a cracking show.....

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Megaguns
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 05:19:17 AM »

the old line up had their time,  Its now time for the new gunners to shine.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 07:27:04 AM »

Adler can't play the songs anymore. He's too fucked up. No energy, no rythm no

Talking about reunion is pointless. This line-up is on fire. Period peace

In fact, I don't want the old line-up to reunite. Not anymore. It would make no sense, No with the release of Chinese Democracy.

Have you ever been to an Adler's appetite show??, I don't think so because if you did go you would not be saying that.
Adler still can play the shit out of the old songs. The guy still goes all out on the old songs so please hush.
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 08:00:28 AM »

Axl said we have to find Adler a 1000 brown M&M's before he hits up portugal. Shocked

lmao

..... in the end we had to beat him to death with his own shoe but shaw enough we got the M&M's and Adler went on to perform a cracking show.....

Were is that quote from, is it true?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 09:47:50 AM »

I trust Adam Bomb about as far as I could throw him......

Or about as far as I could get him away from his drugs....

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 09:54:21 AM »

LMFAO

so jeff beck pops his head around the corner and mentions theres a lil sweet shop on the edge of town

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: